JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

Thanks
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBKKU72Q7k

Pro day workout. He states that he has changed his shot since the end of the college season. Form looks better. Just needs repetition.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

There are many players in the NBA who go from #1 option in college to role player in the NBA. We don't know if Josh Hart is capable of being a 15-20 PPG scorer. It's unlikely he is. If true, it means he'll have to adapt and be able to hit shots without getting into the scoring rythym the way he was able to at Villanova. It's a whole new skill to learn how to score without the ball in your hands.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Hart is REALLY good at multiple jumps to contest jump shooters. It's rare to see that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Josh will have a solid NBA career. I don’t worry when he comes in the game.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Great minutes from Hart tonight. Played some tough defense and scrapped for rebounds/scores
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Perhaps I'm overstating his defense, but to me that alone warrants more PT.

That’s not an overstatement at all. I’ve seen enough of him in college to add that his current jumpshot percentages are not at all indicative of his actual shooting ability.

He’s a much better shooter than he’s shown, although many here would probably call that the overstatement.

Seems to be a common theme with Laker players.

I think the last reputed shooter we got who fully lived up to that billing was damn Byron Scott forever ago. I don't think Horry did, nor Rice. Rice started to slip as soon as he got here, had elbow surgery in Charlotte. He practically had only one white hot game of old in his entire stay and that was the final RS gm at Portland where he 8 for 10 treys. Chick said all the time that Horry used to kill LA with threes and suddenly he can't throw a pea in the ocean. It did seem that way. Bear in mind, the Rockets couldn't miss while throwing LA out of the first round in 96. That was depressing to witness. Bob just had to hit the big ones. They tried George McCloud. That guy hit a lot of threes in Dallas. Busted out here. Anthony Brown hit either air or the glass to either side of the rim, below the plane of the rim. Nash's percentages didn't slip for the 50 gms he managed to play that first year, but I don't even wanna include him. He was Ghost Of Steve Nash.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Good game tonight for him, glad to see his jumper falling.

Guy is just solid. He reminds me of a taller shooting guard version of Fisher. Kid is a hard worker and knows how to win. His offense will come around and it is amazing how he plays D like a vet from the get go. Great draft pick.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

There's a play he made in the second half against the Warriors last night that sticks out in my mind. A Warrior big had the ball on his baseline and was about to power it up to the rim for a score, but Hart came in for help defense and bodied him with his chest in time to prevent the basket. It was a big man going up against a 6'5" brick wall.

He's a great defender and a good finisher at the rim. If he can get his 3 point shooting to 40% he is going to be a special player.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Hart played his best game of the year last night. Shame it was in a loss. Once he settles into the speed of the NBA game, he's going to be a tremendous addition to this team.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

I have never been really sold on Josh Hart but if he starts knocking down these 3s I will be a happy camper
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Props to Hart.
Great defense.
If he can consistently hit the 3, he'll gobble up minutes.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
There's a play he made in the second half against the Warriors last night that sticks out in my mind. A Warrior big had the ball on his baseline and was about to power it up to the rim for a score, but Hart came in for help defense and bodied him with his chest in time to prevent the basket. It was a big man going up against a 6'5" brick wall.

He's a great defender and a good finisher at the rim. If he can get his 3 point shooting to 40% he is going to be a special player.

Ya I remember this. He could be a super versatile defender. Marcus Smart lite on defense with shooting ?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

More jumper falling for Hart in the Denver game at least.

Great draft pick again by the Lakers at 30.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
More jumper falling for Hart in the Denver game at least.

Great draft pick again by the Lakers at 30.

Indeed. He will be a solid rotation player in the NBA, which is more than you can ask for a 30th pick.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Christopher C wrote:

Ya I remember this. He could be a super versatile defender. Marcus Smart lite on defense with shooting ?

He's been playing like that. Add shooting, slashing, passing ability. He's capable of PnR reads and better FTr.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Don't look now but Hart is shooting 52% over his last 10 games and he has upped his season 3 point average to 33%.

I would love to have JC and Hart take over for KCP. KCP just seems so streaky and he really disrupts the flow of the offense.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Don't look now but Hart is shooting 52% over his last 10 games and he has upped his season 3 point average to 33%.

I would love to have JC and Hart take over for KCP. KCP just seems so streaky and he really disrupts the flow of the offense.

Hart has been doing work. I like it.
He doesn't try to do too much, plays within himself.
I disagree that KCP disrupts the offense. I think the only times he takes shots are in the open court or when his play is called off of curls or flares
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Hart has been doing work. I like it.
He doesn't try to do too much, plays within himself.
I disagree that KCP disrupts the offense. I think the only times he takes shots are in the open court or when his play is called off of curls or flares

I just don't like it when KCP takes the long 3 when there is another player open closer to the rim. I guess that is the way of the NBA now, but to me it just looks like bad basketball.
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Should have drafted Jordan Bell (who was gifted to Warriors) with the 30th pick. Hart would have still been there at 42nd pick!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

3 and D eventually with better penetration than Danny Green.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Should have drafted Jordan Bell (who was gifted to Warriors) with the 30th pick. Hart would have still been there at 42nd pick!

I loved Bell in the draft! I knew he would be a player. I remember getting into a conversation with a Josh Jackson with our second pick advocate. I said at the time you take Zo with the 2 and get Josh Jackson like production from Bell with our 28 pick.

If he ever gets his shot down watch out.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm not too worried about losing Clarkson in the middle of the year, I'm sure Hart can give quality minutes in his place if it's the case, and it would help him a lot if he has quality minutes and more ball handling opportunities, I think he's capable in this area...
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:

I loved Bell in the draft! I knew he would be a player. I remember getting into a conversation with a Josh Jackson with our second pick advocate. I said at the time you take Zo with the 2 and get Josh Jackson like production from Bell with our 28 pick.

They made a good pick with Kuzma at 27 but man the messed up on Hart with #30 when both Jordan Bell and Frank Mason Jr. were still available!
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:

They made a good pick with Kuzma at 27 but man the messed up on Hart with #30 when both Jordan Bell and Frank Mason Jr. were still available!

There was a recent YT video that mentioned Phoenix would have selected Hart with its next pick and consequently he would not have been available at 42.

In regards to Bell and Mason Jr. I feel neither would be given much playing time with the Lakers given the current roster. Maybe with additional time on another team Hart would be breaking out and the statement would be we made a mistake at 30 and should have picked Hart.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 40 of 163
Jump to: