OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

christopherorman wrote:
Kris Dunn, who in his second season has a PER of 14, still shows little progress offensively, and who is overrated (badly overrated) as a defender should be a piece coming back in a Ball+Deng trade? Go watch some Wolves games and Dunn's defense has been poor; which is surprising given his reputation and his head coach. If Lonzo is drawing such ire, I can only imagine how this Board would respond when Dunn is asked to run Walton's sets and how Dunn would function in that system (he doesn't have a very high Bball IQ, if you watch games).

Anyway, I'll keep the 20 year old with two triple doubles and who has shown tremendous help defense potential and adequate (which I think will improve) on ball defense.

What Lonzo needs from what I see, more than shooting, is working on explosion off of one foot. Ingram has learned how to do it, and Lonzo desperately needs it. Then, he needs to have someone teach him how to use a Euro step. I think both would allow him to play faster and up to the speed he showed in high school and college.

Before the season started, Lonzo said he felt strength would be the biggest issue. I think that has proven true. It's affecting how he drives and his shot. But, I do think we are starting to see Lonzo turn the corner and I think his averages will begin creeping up.

Hard to take your post seriously when you don't even have the guy's team right.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

High end stores do pop up shops, I'm sure BBB made good $$$.
It's not some street vendor thing, Shake shack did a pop up shop in west hollywood that killed it- made the decision easy for putting in a permanent store.
In n out burger did a pop up in australia that had like a six hour long line to get a burger, its the new way of brick and mortar.
Advantage-BBB.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

For all the criticism of Lonzo, would anyone disagree that he would easily have like 5-6 triple doubles if not for Luke sitting him out /or because he gets in foul trouble, I mean is he supposed to play like God for people to be satisfied?
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:
I love lonzos potential and his overall savy high IQ game.. But if the blazzers offered Lillard for Lopez, Clarkson & Lonzo what would magic say?

If Lakers could use Lonzo to dump Deng and get back a young player, they should seriously consider it.

Lonzo + Deng would open $25m in cap-space and give you room to keep Clarkson, Randle and sign 2 stars.

My personal favorite is Lonzo + Deng for Dunn + Miroctic. Dunn would give you a defensive minded PG that could be a good piece with 2 max stars.

My God, NO. Terrible, just terrible. You don't trade Lonzo 25 games in. WTH, SMDH.

Jake Speed, 1986
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the criticism of Lonzo, would anyone disagree that he would easily have like 5-6 triple doubles if not for Luke sitting him out /or because he gets in foul trouble, I mean is he supposed to play like God for people to be satisfied?

Becoming a better free throw shooter than Dwight Howard would be a good start.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:
I love lonzos potential and his overall savy high IQ game.. But if the blazzers offered Lillard for Lopez, Clarkson & Lonzo what would magic say?

If Lakers could use Lonzo to dump Deng and get back a young player, they should seriously consider it.

Lonzo + Deng would open $25m in cap-space and give you room to keep Clarkson, Randle and sign 2 stars.

My personal favorite is Lonzo + Deng for Dunn + Miroctic. Dunn would give you a defensive minded PG that could be a good piece with 2 max stars.

My God, NO. Terrible, just terrible. You don't trade Lonzo 25 games in. WTH, SMDH.

The Lakers want to compete for a championship next year. Lonzo has a long, long way to go to contribute and play significant minutes on a championship caliber team.

You can bet Lebron and PG13 see this.

If you dump Deng with Lonzo, you may be able to squeeze in almost 3 max contracts with some other roster moves.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:

The Lakers want to compete for a championship next year. Lonzo has a long, long way to go to contribute and play significant minutes on a championship caliber team.

If you dump Deng with Lonzo, you may be able to squeeze in almost 3 max contracts with some other roster moves.

it has only been a little more than 1/4 of the season. remember how bi looked at that time. many were calling major bust. otoh, beyond assists, ball has been quite good and much better than expected in rebounding and defense.

you can worry about trading him in the offseason if that is really called for.

what is telling is his foul shot % - it is horrible. that tells you it is not talent with his shooting. it is just fatigue/nerves or something mental like that right now. he shot 67% in college, which while not good is almost 20% better than with the lakers. i would expect this should be obvious to james pg boogie and others.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:

it has only been a little more than 1/4 of the season. remember how bi looked at that time. many were calling major bust. otoh, beyond assists, ball has been quite good and much better than expected in rebounding and defense.

you can worry about trading him in the offseason if that is really called for.

what is telling is his foul shot % - it is horrible. that tells you it is not talent with his shooting. it is just fatigue/nerves or something mental like that right now. he shot 67% in college, which while not good is almost 20% better than with the lakers. i would expect this should be obvious to james pg boogie and others.

Or the ball, which is a much more somber thought.

I remember how BI looked. I also remember that BI has rare physical traits (size and length for a perimeter player), which always gave him a high ceiling.
socaguy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
most of the Lakers have two days to rest and check out Manhattan...Lonzo is scheduled to join his dad at one of his swap meet stands to hock apparel at a shoe pawn shop near Greenwich Village.

Appears to be a high end clientele......

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/939954748903645190

what is wrong with us? people cheered when a woman stepped on it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
most of the Lakers have two days to rest and check out Manhattan...Lonzo is scheduled to join his dad at one of his swap meet stands to hock apparel at a shoe pawn shop near Greenwich Village.

Well it's a high end clientele; of course they are going to sneer at the plebeians passing by.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well it's a high end clientele; of course they are going to sneer at the plebeians passing by.

LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:

No, I think the Lakers want to be perpetually competitive, not just in the short term. Trading core youth for a 3-year run or so just means rebuilding again in a few years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
High end stores do pop up shops, I'm sure BBB made good $$$.
It's not some street vendor thing, Shake shack did a pop up shop in west hollywood that killed it- made the decision easy for putting in a permanent store.
In n out burger did a pop up in australia that had like a six hour long line to get a burger, its the new way of brick and mortar.
Advantage-BBB.

maybe your right....I think I did see a Jimmy Choo's last weekend at the local farmers market....it was right next to the Tiffany's pop up shop......
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Can you imagine the euphoria they would have experienced if she had fallen and split open her head. People who find pleasure in others misfortune are very scary. Nothing new though. 40 years ago I remembered being perplexed by schoolmates who seemed to get aroused when an individual was attacked by a mob, and they would go absolutely nuts if the person was knocked unconscious.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Can you imagine the euphoria they would have experienced if she had fallen and split open her head. People who find pleasure in others misfortune are very scary. Nothing new though. 40 years ago I remembered being perplexed by schoolmates who seemed to get aroused when an individual was attacked by a mob, and they would go absolutely nuts if the person was knocked unconscious.

damn bro...what youth detention center did you get sentenced to? Me and my suburban gangsta's might put a thumb tack in your seat or throw a kick me sign on yo back...but knocked unconscious?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Plot twist: It was OCWA's mom who stepped in the poop.
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He sat out the 4th against: clippers on a bad ankle while the team was getting blownout with a b2b the next day against the suns, pheonix game where he only sat cause jc and brewer were cooking, 76ers cause he was complete ass, Houston cause he was complete ass, and the hornets cause jc was cooking

I don't think he'd have realistically gotten a triple dub in any of those games, and the whole storyline of being benched is kinda dumb, since it's really only two games.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

you better be careful....think OCWA may have grown up in a Taliban controlled territory.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

damn bro...what youth detention center did you get sentenced to? Me and my suburban gangsta's might put a thumb tack in your seat or throw a kick me sign on yo back...but knocked unconscious?

Early eighties is when I first became aware of the Knock out game. It wasn't called that back then though.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
OCWA wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

My mother died a few years ago.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
watchME wrote:

The Lakers have a much longer term plan for Lonzo than you do. I also believe that the star players you mentioned would love to play with Lonzo if those player(s) decided to make their way to the Lakers.

Seems like so many people do not notice all of things Lonzo brings to the team, even when he is basically not a scoring option. Don't think these guys would have plans to get Lonzo traded from the team, I bet it much more likely they would prefer him to stay.

Jake Speed, 1986
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the criticism of Lonzo, would anyone disagree that he would easily have like 5-6 triple doubles if not for Luke sitting him out /or because he gets in foul trouble

Yes, I disagree with that. Which specific 5 or 6 games are you referring to? Cause I don't see which ones you mean.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
socaguy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

sometimes a dookie is just a dookie.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

BBB
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Lineup in crunch time should be clarkson, kcp, Ingram, randle, Kuzma. Ball should not be playing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 768 of 1688
Jump to: