*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Charlotte Hornets (12/09/17) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

He's only not finished a couple games from what I can remember - they are all either like last night, where players like Clarkson are playing extremely well; in a game that is a blowout and that we have no chance of winning; or a game like a few games ago where his shins were an issue.
warrenpeace
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
warrenpeace wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Does anyone know why Lonzo's not finishing games?

The players in the game were taking it to Charlotte, no need to take them out of the game.

He hasn't been finishing even when we're playing catch up.
That's why you don't put him in.

Luke has a reason. I'd like to know what it is. He doesn't seem to have enough confidence in Zo to put him in, in crunch time.
Maybe Luke's reason is analytics. The numbers and stats say that if you want to win, you don't put Lonzo in the game in crunch time. That will change hopefully sooner rather than later, because I believe that Lonzo is going to be a superstar. Right now, you have to decide whether you want to develop Lonzo or whether you want to win. The two are mutually exclusive at the moment.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

warrenpeace wrote:
jodeke wrote:
warrenpeace wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The players in the game were taking it to Charlotte, no need to take them out of the game.

Luke has a reason. I'd like to know what it is. He doesn't seem to have enough confidence in Zo to put him in, in crunch time.
Maybe Luke's reason is analytics. The numbers and stats say that if you want to win, you don't put Lonzo in the game in crunch time. That will change hopefully sooner rather than later, because I believe that Lonzo is going to be a superstar. Right now, you have to decide whether you want to develop Lonzo or whether you want to win. The two are mutually exclusive at the moment.

I don't think Luke coaches with analytics. I believe him to be more ol skool. It may have to do with development and winning. What I'm seeing is, if he's in in crunch time and is a failure, it may impede his development. OTOH if he's in and is a factor it would boost his confidence. I'd like to get in Luke's head.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
warrenpeace
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
warrenpeace wrote:
jodeke wrote:
warrenpeace wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'd like to get in Luke's head.
Good luck with that. I personally have never liked what's in Luke's head. Don't like to travel to destinations that I don't like.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
diando wrote:
The Clarkson-Randle almost resembled Stockton and Malone tonight.

That's something to think about...

Maybe the 2002/03 versions. How bout it?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
diando wrote:

Spot on! They did! And from what I remember, the stockton/malone picn-n-roll or pick-n-pop combo worked so well against most teams. I think the lakers can definitely milk that puppy!

Don't you think Randle is closer to Malone, than Clarkson is to Stockton?

Clarkson can be as effective as Stockton if he doesn't over dribble. Julius needs a more consistent jumper to be Malone. However, this is a play the Lakers need to milk because it works.

I think Clarkson and Randle resembled prime Kobe and Shaq, to be honest. Mind you, I had just applied some of that eye ointment stuff as well as drops to both eyes because my eyes have been dry as hell with the wind and all. When I was looking at them through petroleum jelly, they appeared very Kobe and Shaq like.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
diando wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
diando wrote:

Spot on! They did! And from what I remember, the stockton/malone picn-n-roll or pick-n-pop combo worked so well against most teams. I think the lakers can definitely milk that puppy!

Clarkson can be as effective as Stockton if he doesn't over dribble. Julius needs a more consistent jumper to be Malone. However, this is a play the Lakers need to milk because it works.

I think Clarkson and Randle resembled prime Kobe and Shaq, to be honest. Mind you, I had just applied some of that eye ointment stuff as well as drops to both eyes because my eyes have been dry as hell with the wind and all. When I was looking at them through petroleum jelly, they appeared very Kobe and Shaq like.

You should try the MJ/Pippen Ointment!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
diando wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
diando wrote:

You should try the MJ/Pippen Ointment!

Ooh - ooh ain't it good for you ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: