Lakers met with Lavar Ball
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Lakers met with Lavar Ball

Loud Mouth meet Loud Mouth

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21752678/lavar-ball-los-angeles-lakers-meeting-criticisms-luke-walton

The Los Angeles Lakers' front office recently had a meeting with LaVar Ball, the outspoken father of rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, asking him to tone down some of his public criticisms of head coach Luke Walton and help create a more positive atmosphere around his son, sources told ESPN.

The meeting, which took place within the past few weeks, was called by Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka.

Johnson and Pelinka declined to comment when asked about the meeting. A Lakers insider said the main message to Ball was that they've tried to keep their relationship positive, while still allowing him to speak his mind, and they'd prefer he did the same.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject:

Cant believe they are giving any attention to that idiot.

Sometimes I really think this is some other franchise and not the Lakers.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

Drama queens.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject:

They're feeding right into his media attention seeking game.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject:

LaVar just can’t shut up, terrible to have him as part
of the Lonzo package.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
They're feeding right into his media attention seeking game.

Yep. Luke is actually handling it best. That's why Lavar is so upset at him. Luke gives him no attention. Watching Magic, Spike and Lavar all at courtside was quite funny though. They are all characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

Shots fired across the bow??
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

The Lakers manipulated by Lavar Ball

May the late Doctor Buss rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

The only person that can tell the loud mouth to shut up is Lonzo and he needs to do it to ease off the pressure on him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

Are we really sure this isn’t all just messing with the media? It really feels like LaVar has this WWE persona in front of the camera but behind the scenes he is probably more serious, cooperative. Just the vibe I get.

I mean Lonzo has disrespected Nas twice now, and Nas is like I’m cool with BBBs. They got trash talking Embiid and then he’s laughing it up with him. Just seems scripted...exactly like the kardashians, amirite?

Only difference is this is a real profession even if media LaVar calls it entertainment. Imo, both the lakers and LaVar are effing with the media and the media just does what it always does.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Are we really sure this isn’t all just messing with the media? It really feels like LaVar has this WWE persona in front of the camera but behind the scenes he is probably more serious, cooperative. Just the vibe I get.

I mean Lonzo has disrespected Nas twice now, and Nas is like I’m cool with BBBs. They got trash talking Embiid and then he’s laughing it up with him. Just seems scripted...exactly like the kardashians, amirite?

Only difference is this is a real profession even if media LaVar calls it entertainment. Imo, both the lakers and LaVar are effing with the media and the media just does what it always does.

all thats missing is Lavar RKOing Luke the next time Lonzo sits out the 4th quarter
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LaVar just can’t shut up, terrible to have him as part
of the Lonzo package.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

I don't know who's Ramona's source is since I didn't read or listen into anything more than the headlines here, but I feel this is a bad look for the Lakers. Just handle it in closed doors and move on. No need for the world to see. It's obvious enough with the Lavar Ball media rule.

Also, was I the only one not offended by Lavar's antics at MSG? I don't care what he does really, I was just glad Zo was ballin'. Spike Lee opened that door 30 years ago. Lavar was just enjoying the spotlight (which he often does) and seeing what it felt like to be Spike. Who cares. I would have done the same thing. It's not everyday you can get cheered or booed at MSG while promoting your brand on ESPN.

My only caution is to say, I hope he doesn't get into it with an opposing player on the sideline. There's been times where the Knicks would have advanced in the Playoffs had it not been for Spike Lee fueling their opponents, most notably Reggie Miller. It gave Miller extra incentive to reach deeper into his bag and grasp victory from the jaws of defeat.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
The only person that can tell the loud mouth to shut up is Lonzo and he needs to do it to ease off the pressure on him.

Lonzo is IMO mentally and emotionally dependent on his father. He's not ready to cut that cord.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Lavar isnt saying anything different from the 1000s of pages in the threads on this forum. I dont have a problem if they ask him a question to answer it honestly.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
la4win wrote:

Lonzo is IMO mentally and emotionally dependent on his father. He's not ready to cut that cord.

Some people leave home at 18 and never ever look back. Many people live at home till 28 years old. It all differs. Heck, kids are allowed to be on family insurance till 26 years old. Talk about not cutting the cord.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

perspectives/opinions on so many things in society today differ based on the standard human characteristics such as gender, socioeconomic status, race, etc....but in regards to Lavar, my personal discussions with friends and family illustrate a divide between those who have children and those that do not.

It often seems like individuals that are not parents express more approval for Lavar and his actions. In contrast, individuals that are parents are often repulsed by his insistence on standing in his children's spotlight...many feel he is simply exploiting his kids. Of the many things that adults told me when I was younger that caused me to roll my eyes, but later became true.....none were more accurate than "you will understand once you become a parent".
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
la4win wrote:

Some people leave home at 18 and never ever look back. Many people live at home till 28 years old. It all differs. Heck, kids are allowed to be on family insurance till 26 years old. Talk about not cutting the cord.

WOW. DRAG ME.

Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Lonzo needs to nip this in the bud before it turns into an Eric Lindros situation.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Cant believe they are giving any attention to that idiot.

Sometimes I really think this is some other franchise and not the Lakers.

Welcome to the Buss kids Lakers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
la4win wrote:

WOW. DRAG ME.

Sorry man. They can't rap & play 2k like you!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

That explains his recent positive comments regarding Luke and the team.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
la4win wrote:

Rightly so. His mom is recovering from a stroke and she and all the kids are super close to LaVar. As long as ZO remains grounded and reaches his potential, whatever LaVar says is just background noise.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I think Lonzo has handled the scrutiny, extreme expectations and pressure very, very well TBH. He came into the league with a slew of NBA vets announcing they were out to get him. He's had a target on his back since game one. He doesn't give oxygen to that crap, and he shown to be level-headed and of calm demeanor. I think Lonzo will be just fine.

I do think that Lavar needs to pipe down. He's not doing his son, nor the Lakers, any good with his loud mouth and antics. But people like that - you are better off just ignoring than giving fuel to their fire. Eventually Lonzo will separate himself from his boisterous father. Hopefully sooner than later.

Jake Speed, 1986
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
la4win wrote:

Incorrect . . . Lonzo can't shut him up. The only people that can shut him up are the people reporting every inane thing he says, rather than reporting on basketball. Sports should not equal gossip columns, yet, here we are.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: