OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 770, 771, 772 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
His TS% is inching towards 40%
lol

BPM is almost positive, which is more impressive and actually accounts for his defense. Kid is damn good for a rookie. But that 3 ball needs to get in order, of course.

I am not sure how an honest person can believe this kid wont be a star. Its either All-star or Superstar.

My prediction is by end of the season Lonzo is already considered a top 7-10 PG in the NBA. Narratives change in a hurry..........
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
[
I want LeBron so badly on this team.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, LeBron wants so badly to actually win.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

Anyway, finishing game lineup should be

Lonzo Ball
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Ramdle

ESPECIALLY when Clarkson is having a good game. Luke may value KCP's defense, but I despise nearly every other aspect of his game. If someone is gonna go into "Clarkson tunnel vision mode" I'd rather it be Clarkson who can have success at it as opposed to KCP who instead goes "Riley from Boondocks" mode suddenly.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Zo has to be more consistent. He should attack, play aggressive, get to the line more and, for God's sake, convert free throws. Everything else is fine.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

Not a basketball observation. The whole disrespecting Nas thing though? I dont get it? What is the purpose? Boy needs to be put over the knee
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

I am not saying his game is perfect, but he does a lot of really nice things defensively.

If he continues to improve defensively, I would say he has the potential to be a legitimate 1st Team All NBA D type of guy and not just on a hype vote.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Lonzo doesn't bring the same intensity in crunch time that he brings other times in the game. I think he's intimidated by the older guys on the team like Randle, Clarkson, KCP, and defers to them far too often. We needed the Lonzo of the 3rd Q in the 4th Q. Whether the shots were falling or not, we needed that aggression.

thought he knocked knees last night and was not the same after coming back in in the 4th?
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Lineup in crunch time should be clarkson, kcp, Ingram, randle, Kuzma. Ball should not be playing

Get outta here with that nonsense.

total nonsense

He should stop posting in crunch time. He's bad at it.

So yes, let's have a bunch of dudes in there at crunch time who are turnover prone and make poor decisions with the ball.

Like the ones who won the last game?

Exactly. Disgusting to see a baller like Clarkson sitting on the bench in OT, while a rookie who can't hit a 3, make layups or hit free throws taking his minutes.

jC was getting burned on switches. Zos size helps. Also Zo was playing well this game and deserved to finish.

Funny, the argument for Lonzo playing heavy minutes was because apparently our terrible offense is somehow even more terrible when he's off the court (which is false) and that he makes the team better. +/- was being brought up constantly the first couple games Lonzo was struggling to prove he was still having a positive impact. Meanwhile, Lonzo was a -11 in the game while Clarkson was a +6. Although I'm guessing +/- went back to being a useless stat now that it doesn't paint Lonzo is a positive picture.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Not a basketball observation. The whole disrespecting Nas thing though? I dont get it? What is the purpose? Boy needs to be put over the knee

I know, to wear a fake Nas t-shirt in NYC. He knew what he was doing. Maybe he did it for the attention. Maybe the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree haha. Nas only had one classic album anyways.

I did find it ironic earlier that day (before the Zo shirt) I was bumping Illmatic while driving my daughter to preschool... lol.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

I know, to wear a fake Nas t-shirt in NYC. He knew what he was doing. Maybe he did it for the attention. Maybe the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree haha. Nas only had one classic album anyways.

I did find it ironic earlier that day (before the Zo shirt) I was bumping Illmatic while driving my daughter to preschool... lol.

Yall forgot one of nas homies called him oatmeal face?

He probably think about that like 5 times a week he had to get some get back

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

LeBron James praised the way Lonzo Ball has handled his rookie season. James also sees parallels to his own rookie season in what Ball is experiencing.

"The kid hasn't said anything," James told ESPN when asked about the hype surrounding Ball. "It's been everybody else. So, I love his humility. He goes out, every time someone asks him a question, he says, 'This is not about me, man. I just want to win. I don't care about what I did.' I seen he had a triple-double one game and they lost. He was like, 'I don't care. We lost.'

"So, can I draw any parallel to my experience? I mean, of course. I guess when you're drafted to a franchise, they want you to kind of be the savior. And it takes a while. I mean, listen, man, this guy is 20-something games into his pro career. S--- doesn't happen [that fast]. Here it goes again, it goes back to my instant oatmeal [quote]: Everybody wants it right away. Can he play ball? Absolutely. The kid can play ball. Do guys want to play with him? Absolutely, because it's a guy who is not about him. It's about the success of the team. And he gives the ball up, and he passes the ball, and there's energy behind the ball."
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

[quote="governator"]LeBron James praised the way Lonzo Ball has handled his rookie season. James also sees parallels to his own rookie season in what Ball is experiencing.

"The kid hasn't said anything," James told ESPN when asked about the hype surrounding Ball. "It's been everybody else. So, I love his humility. He goes out, every time someone asks him a question, he says, 'This is not about me, man. I just want to win. I don't care about what I did.' I seen he had a triple-double one game and they lost. He was like, 'I don't care. We lost.'

"So, can I draw any parallel to my experience? I mean, of course. I guess when you're drafted to a franchise, they want you to kind of be the savior. And it takes a while. I mean, listen, man, this guy is 20-something games into his pro career. S--- doesn't happen [that fast]. Here it goes again, it goes back to my instant oatmeal
Quote:
: Everybody wants it right away. Can he play ball? Absolutely. The kid can play ball. Do guys want to play with him? Absolutely, because it's a guy who is not about him. It's about the success of the team. And he gives the ball up, and he passes the ball, and there's energy behind the ball."

But, some of the analysts in the Lonzo Ball thread say he's a scrub, I side with them, what does Lebron really know about hoops anyway?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Lonzo doesn't bring the same intensity in crunch time that he brings other times in the game. I think he's intimidated by the older guys on the team like Randle, Clarkson, KCP, and defers to them far too often. We needed the Lonzo of the 3rd Q in the 4th Q. Whether the shots were falling or not, we needed that aggression.

It looked like he hurt his knee later in the game. He seemed to be limping around some.

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Ramdle

ESPECIALLY when Clarkson is having a good game. Luke may value KCP's defense, but I despise nearly every other aspect of his game. If someone is gonna go into "Clarkson tunnel vision mode" I'd rather it be Clarkson who can have success at it as opposed to KCP who instead goes "Riley from Boondocks" mode suddenly.

I am agreeing with MJ here! That should be the starting line up as well.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
governator wrote:
LeBron James praised the way Lonzo Ball has handled his rookie season. James also sees parallels to his own rookie season in what Ball is experiencing.

"So, can I draw any parallel to my experience? I mean, of course. I guess when you're drafted to a franchise, they want you to kind of be the savior. And it takes a while. I mean, listen, man, this guy is 20-something games into his pro career. S--- doesn't happen [that fast]. Here it goes again, it goes back to my instant oatmeal
Quote:
: Everybody wants it right away. Can he play ball? Absolutely. The kid can play ball. Do guys want to play with him? Absolutely, because it's a guy who is not about him. It's about the success of the team. And he gives the ball up, and he passes the ball, and there's energy behind the ball."

But, some of the analysts in the Lonzo Ball thread say he's a scrub, I side with them, what does Lebron really know about hoops anyway?

every time a star is asked about a young player, they praise them....these same posts were made about Randle, DLo, and Ingram.....and every other teams lottery pick.....Lebron, Durant, Steph etc. get asked these questions every time they are about to play or just played a young prospect....and the answer is always "glowing"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Ramdle

I am actually ok with the starting lineup as is for now....but I am closing with Clarkson and Randle on most nights.....fill in the rest.
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

every time a star is asked about a young player, they praise them....these same posts were made about Randle, DLo, and Ingram.....and every other teams lottery pick.....Lebron, Durant, Steph etc. get asked these questions every time they are about to play or just played a young prospect....and the answer is always "glowing"

Tell that to Frankie Ntilikina.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

KungPau wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Tell that to Frankie Nitilikina.

your correct, but consider how everyone responded when he went off script....indirectly. I am not suggesting he does not believe what he is saying....only pointing out that these Superstars realize just say what is expected, and everyone wins.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KungPau wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Tell that to Frankie Nitilikina.

your correct, but consider how everyone responded when he went off script....indirectly. I am not suggesting he does not believe what he is saying....only pointing out that these Superstars realize just say what is expected, and everyone wins.

Did Serena Winters interview Lebron last night. 😂 I love how she's not afraid to ask questions to stars about the young Lakers.
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know where I can get that Lonzo Nas hoodie? It's hard as bricks.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Ramdle

agree completely. But luke has to appease kcp and brolo. As to why? maybe because they get paid the most money?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Ramdle

agree completely. But luke has to appease kcp and brolo. As to why? maybe because they get paid the most money?

yet he doesn't play Deng over Brewer despite Deng being the better player and it possibly increasing his value a bit as he could actually play back up 4... but what do we know -_-
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

"Lonzo doesn't have the same brashness as his dad."

https://streamable.com/94unf

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

KCP has been pretty clutch for us this year so I don't have a problem with him closing. But if Lonzo is sucking it up then JC needs to come in.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Hm.

KCP's agent is the same as LeBron James.

Brook Lopez on the floor, while trying to "limit" Julius Randle's contractual upside for a max deal?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 770, 771, 772 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 771 of 1688
Jump to: