OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Christopher C wrote:
The inconsistency of Luke Walton giving KCP the green light to jack whenever he wants, while at the same time putting a leash on Kyle Kuzma, is very frustrating for me.

Not saying I like it, but who else can make a jumpshot? At least his chucking attempts have a chance of going in. Luke's options are pretty thin.

Especially off screens? I mean is there literally anyone else on this team who can shoot off of a screen? Even JC prefers to attack off the screen. Does Kuzma? I can't remember.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Christopher C wrote:
The inconsistency of Luke Walton giving KCP the green light to jack whenever he wants, while at the same time putting a leash on Kyle Kuzma, is very frustrating for me.

Not saying I like it, but who else can make a jumpshot? At least his chucking attempts have a chance of going in. Luke's options are pretty thin.

Especially off screens? I mean is there literally anyone else on this team who can shoot off of a screen? Even JC prefers to attack off the screen. Does Kuzma? I can't remember.

Honestly, I feel like we have barely ran any plays for Kuzma off of screens. We should be trying to get Kuz the same types of looks Klay gets in GS.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Christopher C wrote:

Honestly, I feel like we have barely ran any plays for Kuzma off of screens. We should be trying to get Kuz the same types of looks Klay gets in GS.

Yeah, I looked it up.

KCP has 52 possessions (1.19 PPP, 79th percentile)
JC has 35 possessions (1.00 PPP, 51st percentile)
Kuzma has 21 possessions (1.10 ppp, 67th percentile)
Ingram has 11 possessions (0.91 ppp, 42nd percentile)

I believe these numbers include driving off the catch... just as long as an off screen got them the ball.

21 is far too few for Kuzma, I agree.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

KCP scored 24 points and played well defensively vs NYK.
I have learned to expect and live with his boneheaded play or two and erratic passes for least the remainder of this season.
Other than that he has held his own. He's no worse than the rest of the crew.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

KCP about 41% off the catch and shoot vs 31% on pull-ups. He needs to quit the pull-ups especially in transition. He's a much better shooter on the catch and shoot and spot ups.

He's a decent starter and could contribute better if he can make this small adjustment. But it should be the coaching staff's job to make him do it so... welp.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I have learned to expect and live with his boneheaded play or two and erratic passes for least the remainder of this season.

yeah he scored 24 while shooting 8-20 from the field and 4-14 from the three point line.

If we were gonna finish the game with someone at the 2 next to Lonzo it should have been Clarkson whom was playing far better.

But Luke in typical fashion like he's forgotten that Randle can play the 4, has forgotten that JC can play the 2.

He's the same KCP he was in Detroit with the same problems he had except without the 'breakout' capabilities.

The fact he can't shoot for squad inside the arc says a lot about him, he shoots 38% from three but 39% from the field across the last few games(41% from the field in general), yet he's playing 35 MPG despite the fact we have a combo guard on our bench whom can also play the 2 and is a better passer to play some decent minutes next to Lonzo.

Luke can't figure that kind of [expletive] out though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:

yeah he scored 24 while shooting 8-20 from the field and 4-14 from the three point line.

If we were gonna finish the game with someone at the 2 next to Lonzo it should have been Clarkson whom was playing far better.

But Luke in typical fashion like he's forgotten that Randle can play the 4, has forgotten that JC can play the 2.

He's the same KCP he was in Detroit with the same problems he had except without the 'breakout' capabilities.

The fact he can't shoot for squad inside the arc says a lot about him, he shoots 38% from three but 39% from the field across the last few games(41% from the field in general), yet he's playing 35 MPG despite the fact we have a combo guard on our bench whom can also play the 2 and is a better passer to play some decent minutes next to Lonzo.

Luke can't figure that kind of [expletive] out though.

If Clarkson had been on the floor no doubt that we beat the Knicks.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

KCP will miss more games due legal issue....per Twitter..

Yay...more J Hart!!!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21779398/kentavious-caldwell-pope-los-angeles-lakers-missed-game-legal-matter

Wait this whole ordeal dating back to his Piston days is because he allowed someone who was drunk to use his car? I thought it was KCP who drove under the influence.

Obviously would have been nice if the court let him complete this probation program over the summer when he is free for 5 or 6 months. Instead of when he is earning his income.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21779398/kentavious-caldwell-pope-los-angeles-lakers-missed-game-legal-matter

Wait this whole ordeal dating back to his Piston days is because he allowed someone who was drunk to use his car? I thought it was KCP who drove under the influence.

Obviously would have been nice if the court let him complete this probation program over the summer when he is free for 5 or 6 months. Instead of when he is earning his income.

Caldwell-Pope, 24, was stopped just before 3 a.m. on March 29 in the suburbs of Detroit after an officer reportedly spotted him driving 45 mph in a 25 mph one. After a field sobriety test, he was arrested and taken to a nearby police station. After a test revealed a blood alcohol level of 0.08 — right at Michigan’s legal limit — Caldwell-Pope was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and released.

That charge was later dropped and replaced by a reduced charge of “allowing a person to drive under the influence” with an added charge of “careless driving.” He pleaded guilty to those lesser charges, and was sentenced last week to 12 months probation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pistons-kentavious-caldwell-pope-suspended-2-games-plea-deal-drunk-driving-case-204956589.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope statement: “I am grateful for the Court’s consideration and for the support of the Los Angeles Lakers and all involved in allowing me to continue with my NBA season while I complete the strict requirements set by the Court. I understand the seriousness of this matter and I apologize for my past actions that have created this situation. Now I am committed to becoming a better person and professional from now on.” 9 hours ago – via ESPN

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne: Important note. KCP pled guilty to a misdemeanor offense of allowing someone to operate his vehicle under the influence (last spring). He’s complied with the sentence, so the court modified it to allow him to complete over the next 25 days. This is not a new offense. 9 hours ago – via Twitter ramonashelburne

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne: I’m told KCP expected back at practice this weekend. He could miss a few additional games during these 25 days. 9 hours ago – via Twitter ramonashelburne
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope statement: “I am grateful for the Court’s consideration and for the support of the Los Angeles Lakers and all involved in allowing me to continue with my NBA season while I complete the strict requirements set by the Court. I understand the seriousness of this matter and I apologize for my past actions that have created this situation. Now I am committed to becoming a better person and professional from now on.” 9 hours ago – via ESPN

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne: Important note. KCP pled guilty to a misdemeanor offense of allowing someone to operate his vehicle under the influence (last spring). He’s complied with the sentence, so the court modified it to allow him to complete over the next 25 days. This is not a new offense. 9 hours ago – via Twitter ramonashelburne

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne: I’m told KCP expected back at practice this weekend. He could miss a few additional games during these 25 days. 9 hours ago – via Twitter ramonashelburne

If this is an AA thing or some other program, why couldn't he complete it before the season started? Strange.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

Good. Less of ball hog KCP and more Hart.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

KCP improves the team defense but can be inconsistent on offense. So can the whole team however. The team needs consistent perimeter shooting hoping Hart can settle in. KCP was cap filler for the season with the chance to earn a long term deal.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

KCP can't leave the state of California over these 25 days, so that gives us an idea of which games he will miss.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
KCP can't leave the state of California over these 25 days, so that gives us an idea of which games he will miss.

Who would ever wanna leave Cali in the first place!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

So much for a penalty for drinking & driving. Lucky bastard now has the Vin Scully work schedule.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

KCP is 1st in MPG, 4th in FGA per game and 4th in PPG. The claim of ball hogging is not supported by the facts.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Megaton wrote:

KCP is 1st in MPG, 4th in FGA per game and 4th in PPG. The claim of ball hogging is not supported by the facts.

I really think people are finding reasons to be negative towards him cause there is a very good chance that he’s not in the future plans, I mean when you read things like don’t get to attached to players who won’t be here, then I think even if KCP helps us win a lot of games after the ASB you still gonna see fans turn on him cause they know if he’s back then our FA plan failed.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
So much for a penalty for drink & driving. Lucky bastard now has the Vin Scully work schedule.

We only have two games outside of California in that stretch.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
So much for a penalty for drinking & driving. Lucky bastard now has the Vin Scully work schedule.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Seems like it's Hart's chance to show whether we actually need KCP or not.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Well actually if Luke went to see the Wizard he would be starting Clarkson in KCP's stead...
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmm...Pretty home heavy schedule. I'm assuming he got to choose the start date of the 25 days. Not a big deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Hmmmm...Pretty home heavy schedule. I'm assuming he got to choose the start date of the 25 days. Not a big deal.

He didn’t get to choose anything, he already had his country club deal and f’d it up. This is court mandated as a result of him not following through previously. It is being speculated that he will miss 4 games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 43 of 182
Jump to: