Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject:

Yes! Even the radio announcers, Ireland (non-coach and non-player) and Thompson (former player), immediately knew Lakers needed to foul there! Walton was a former player with some coaching experience and should have known. No more "young coach he'll learn" excuses. Plus, none of his assistants knew??? What a total joke!!!

The Juggernaut wrote:
Another Bush league coaching job by Luke. Even a 5th grade NJB coach would know if they had a foul to give and would keep barking at the team to foul. There's no excuse for that. Luke has single handedly lost us at least 4 games this year with his poor coaching.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

You can't have a coach that knows less than the players themselves.

The problem with Luke is he doesn't put it on himself. To him, a win is a win even if he made it harder due to his lineups, and a close loss means they 'just need more time to 'get it'" He doesn't at all think that he himself can spur it on faster if he changes some of his approaches.

He's essentially convinced that his way is gonna work, once guys "get it". He looks at a 4 point loss and thinks "we're getting closer, we just gotta keep doing what we're doing and eventually it will lead to wins down the line."

When he should instead be thinking "Hmm..we could have won this game, what are some of the things I could do differently to help us close out on games like this, or not put us in these predicaments in the first place."

People that put the blame on Luke for close losses due to his coaching inadequacies are very correct. The problem is, Luke doesn't see his mistakes as coaching inadequacies, he sees them as the team just not being ready yet -_-
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject:

We don't need to fire Luke but I understand the anger on this board, Luke was extremely poor tonight.

The infatuation with playing Lopez is killing us and he also needs to reign in KCP on those "idiot" plays. Lastly, I see some mismanagement of Clarkson who should be splitting 96 minutes almost evenly with Lonzo and KCP.

I think Luke will get it together but he has cost us some win streaks and a chance to start building confidence. This game should have been blown open in the first half but substitution of Lopez, Nance, Ball for Randle, Kuzma, Clarkson was just bad and killed us. Real bad substitution.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

I know you can’t bring that moment back...but, every damn coach on the Lakers bench should have been jumping up and down to get the players attention to foul.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I know you can’t bring that moment back...but, every damn coach on the Lakers bench should have been jumping up and down to get the players attention to foul.

Yeup. AZ boyyyz
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

well clearly they were too hungover from a frat-esque drinking binge the night before

I bet they hung out in midtown too

lol
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
https://youtu.be/o8JfZPS53MA?t=351

Luke strikes again at MSG
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
You can't have a coach that knows less than the players themselves.

The problem with Luke is he doesn't put it on himself. To him, a win is a win even if he made it harder due to his lineups, and a close loss means they 'just need more time to 'get it'" He doesn't at all think that he himself can spur it on faster if he changes some of his approaches.

He's essentially convinced that his way is gonna work, once guys "get it". He looks at a 4 point loss and thinks "we're getting closer, we just gotta keep doing what we're doing and eventually it will lead to wins down the line."

When he should instead be thinking "Hmm..we could have won this game, what are some of the things I could do differently to help us close out on games like this, or not put us in these predicaments in the first place."

People that put the blame on Luke for close losses due to his coaching inadequacies are very correct. The problem is, Luke doesn't see his mistakes as coaching inadequacies, he sees them as the team just not being ready yet -_-

This is probably why Kobe hated Luke. No curiosity for the game.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

trashcan wrote:
Billy Mac and Stu didn't know the foul situation either. They were like oh no they had a foul to give with .9 left

Neither did the Knicks. porzingis was setting up at the ft line before the ref told him it wasn't fts

The only person in the world that should know is Luke.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/lakers-coach-luke-walton-receiving-advice-phil-jackson-article-1.3694464
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Luke has got to go...not ready for head coaching gig...glorified lead assistant caliber AT BEST. In a perfect world Phil would come back to coach the home/Cali based games and Luke and Shaw could take over the duties on the road.

I am glad we don’t live in your perfect world
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Again his big mistakes. I cant say this loss in only on him but mostly. This is like 4-5 game this season where he is one big reason to blame.
He made huge mistake with his assistants. There is no one dingle experienced guy. Huge huge mistake.

Can’t win without dingle experience
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
https://youtu.be/o8JfZPS53MA?t=351

Luke strikes again at MSG

How fitting is it that Luke has two starters not willing to shoot the ball. If you count Ingram and his 3 point attempts then it'll be a third starter who hesitates to shoot. 😂
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Again his big mistakes. I cant say this loss in only on him but mostly. This is like 4-5 game this season where he is one big reason to blame.
He made huge mistake with his assistants. There is no one dingle experienced guy. Huge huge mistake.

Can’t win without dingle experience

The real problem with this staff, every other team in the league has dingle experience
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Luke's attachment to Larry Nance is hilarious to me. It's so obvious Kuzma should be starting.
Finding Clarkson and Randle more minutes wouldn't hurt either.

But I'm still pleased overall.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
tox wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know guys, I think some are really too hard on Luke. The team is playing good basketball on the road. The Knicks team they faced isn't some joke. They may be missing their second best player, but at home, they've been one of the best home teams in the league this year. We played them straight up and even on a night where Porzingis was having an even better than usual night.

This is a really young team. I'm seeing some progress. As in the young players are starting to play better and better. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma. Isn't that part of Luke's job as well? To get the young players to play better. Some have forgotten how the young players performed and were used by Byron Scott.

The last three games have been encouraging. I'll take 2-1 on the road.

well.. considering this was our best bet to win another game in this brutal december its's kinda dissapointing

I am OK with 2-1 on the road with the other loss in OT.

Team is showing a lot more competitiveness this year, not many complete blowout losses.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Nance actually fits in the 2nd lineup now. Lots of standing around waiting for JC and Randle do their 2-man show and then cleaning up the off boards for them. Exactly fits the Nance skillset.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Nance actually fits in the 2nd lineup now. Lots of standing around waiting for JC and Randle do their 2-man show and then cleaning up the off boards for them. Exactly fits the Nance skillset.

Luke would rather have his best offensive player in that role
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
3baller wrote:

Luke would rather keep our best offensive and defensive players on the bench apparently. Because he just believes so hard that Nance will show he's worth starting despite the fact our starting lineup is one of our best lineups, and our lineups with Randle playing next to Lopez and Randle next to Kuzma are our best ones.

But Luke doesn't care about starting our best lineups, and when we lose by single digits he takes it as a sign of us just not being there yet instead of actually analyzing what he could be doing better as a coach or trying out new lineups to start so we aren't behind the 8 ball.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
3baller wrote:

Luke would rather keep our best offensive and defensive players on the bench apparently. Because he just believes so hard that Nance will show he's worth starting despite the fact our starting lineup is one of our best lineups, and our lineups with Randle playing next to Lopez and Randle next to Kuzma are our best ones.

But Luke doesn't care about starting our best lineups, and when we lose by single digits he takes it as a sign of us just not being there yet instead of actually analyzing what he could be doing better as a coach or trying out new lineups to start so we aren't behind the 8 ball.

Disgree. Think Luke knows Randle in the starting lineup disrupts our offensive flow. Randle, as much as he's improved, still has ball stopping tendencies. Also imagine a bench with Nance plying backup C. That's a mess. Considering that he has limited options unless you want to play Randle big 35+ min games, have Lopez close more games than he already does or have Zu/Bogut on the court for extended mins.
Have to split C mins between Lopez, Randle and maybe Bogut. This is the best way to do that without expecting too much out of Randle. I think that's the logic though obviously could be wrong.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
3baller wrote:

Disgree. Think Luke knows Randle in the starting lineup disrupts our offensive flow.

We're a better offensive and defensive team with Randle next to Lopez than Larry next to Lopez.

https://i.redd.it/4m0jtztmjl101.png

So idk where that false idea comes from.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
3baller wrote:

Disgree. Think Luke knows Randle in the starting lineup disrupts our offensive flow.

We're a better offensive and defensive team with Randle next to Lopez than Larry next to Lopez.

https://i.redd.it/4m0jtztmjl101.png

So idk where that false idea comes from.

Fair point. Did you disregard the rest of my post? Or is there another solution for backup C that I'm not considering here?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know guys, I think some are really too hard on Luke. The team is playing good basketball on the road. The Knicks team they faced isn't some joke. They may be missing their second best player, but at home, they've been one of the best home teams in the league this year. We played them straight up and even on a night where Porzingis was having an even better than usual night.

This is a really young team. I'm seeing some progress. As in the young players are starting to play better and better. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma. Isn't that part of Luke's job as well? To get the young players to play better. Some have forgotten how the young players performed and were used by Byron Scott.

Nowadays that's the problem coaches are having. Someone mention Thibs, and not a good example @ all because Thibs is barking all game along. Last week Minn was in a tie game with 55sec remaining and Thibs barking as hell. KAT suddenly gets an incredeibly open lane to the basket from 18/19 feet. What he does, take a huge step back and fire & miss a 3pt shot . These are kids who are professionals earning millions and coaches are in need to babysit them.

In Monday game, I was more down in Magic's antics than Luke coaching, in fact I give props to Luke for the Porsingod slow down by Commitee in the 2nd half.

Last edited by lakerican on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
3baller wrote:

We get it, you hate all things not Randle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 444 of 818
Jump to: