OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Our weakest position is the Center. Sure Lopez is a HUGE upgrade over MozGoof, but Cousins is a HUGE upgrade over Lopez.

I think the top line-up would win WAY more games than the lower one, we need some tough defense in the middle and that ain't Lopez:

PG - Ball
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Kuzma
C - Cousins

OR

PG - Ball
SG - Ingram
SF - George
PF - Nance
C - Lopez

Which line-up would you prefer?

Well Cousins can't defend either so what does that tell you.

Neither can Towns

The point is that we need a PF who can defend the paint and rim because Cousins won't do it.

How about a PF that can defend all 5 positions and defend all areas on the court very well? Would that be valuable to have next to Cousins?

It would be easier to recruit Cousins as well if he was very close with that PF too.

Yeah, but I think SG is the bigger target though. So C and SG are our two biggest needs.

or a PG (LBJ), so Lonzo can play off ball in halfcourt. James/Boogie PnR would be deadly
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

Anyone still think, in the offseason, Atlanta or Chicago won’t absorb Deng with two picks?

Seems to me that they’re in asset collection mode.

If George signed first to a full 30 mill max and Deng is traded, that’d leave 26 mill for “the next guy”.

Think there might be any impact guys in free agency willing to take that 26 mill/year?

I do.

The Lakers have the clearest path to two max guys, plus they have a stable of talented guys on their rookie deals.

The opportunity to trade Deng will be there. At that point, it really boils down to whoever is willing to take the 26 mill that’ll be available after a Deng trade is formed.

My guess is that James’ll be that guy ... but I’m completely content with just George.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Joe, my willingness to have a perpetual recognition that I could be wrong at any given moment has been unmitigated and unwavering. That said, I can't see myself being convinced that we should give up two picks to get rid of Deng.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

I would give up 2 picks to trade Deng ONLY if free agents had already committed to signing with us. So, I wouldn't trade picks with him now, but I would do it over the summer if we have promises from players, and I do believe there are teams that would do it...
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

correct me if im wrong, but if we were to trade for Paul George by the deadline, and he would opt in into his final year, then we would be able to offer him a 5 year deal next summer, as opposed to a 4 year deal this summer, right? also, he would be able to get slightly more money per year due to salary cap growth. in that case, what would make more sense for him?

2018/19 30M 20M
2019/20 30M 30M+
2020/21 30M 30M+
2021/22 30M 30M+
2022/23 FA 30M+
2023/24 FA 30M+

or would he take a XX (no idea how many years are left till hes a 10 year veteran) years contract to then sign for a 35M deal after that.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

OKC is going to get thrashed by Indy tonight - that crowd will be insane
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

LakerBaker wrote:
I would give up 2 picks to trade Deng ONLY if free agents had already committed to signing with us. So, I wouldn't trade picks with him now, but I would do it over the summer if we have promises from players, and I do believe there are teams that would do it...
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

Deng and Denver 2nd round pick for Robin Lopez. We get to save our future first round picks and Lopez is an expiring after next season so he’ll be easier to move or if he gets waived it won’t impact the cap that much.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

George and Oladipo will be going for 40 each. Should be a great environment, must see TV. Always a tough building when the pacers are actually competitive.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
correct me if im wrong, but if we were to trade for Paul George by the deadline, and he would opt in into his final year, then we would be able to offer him a 5 year deal next summer, as opposed to a 4 year deal this summer, right? also, he would be able to get slightly more money per year due to salary cap growth. in that case, what would make more sense for him?

2018/19 30M 20M
2019/20 30M 30M+
2020/21 30M 30M+
2021/22 30M 30M+
2022/23 FA 30M+
2023/24 FA 30M+

or would he take a XX (no idea how many years are left till hes a 10 year veteran) years contract to then sign for a 35M deal after that.

This is only appealing to George if he thinks in 2023/24 (when he’ll be like 33 years old) that he’ll be worth less than 20 mill/year.

Him being worth less than 20 mill in 23/24 is the only way he could makeup the ten million dollars you’re asking him to leave on the table if he opts in — plus he’s had a major injury, so he understands how fragile life can be.

I don’t see it, even if, I admit, it is, in fact, possible.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Kuzzkontrol wrote:
No expirer's but what can the Lakers get for Ingram?

Just curious.

I'd probably trade him for a top 5 pick in this draft. Really love this year's crop and I'm addicted to prospects.

And then, after 100 games, who would you trade that top 5 pick for ? And then that pick...and then the pick from that deal? Could maybe trade back for a matured Ingram if they don't pan out immediately.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Game recognize game

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21753248/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-sees-parallels-rookie-year-los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Dipo v WB seems likely me it will be fun. Wonder if Stephenson is going to blow Paul a kiss .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

LeBron is saying players want to play with Lonzo Ball, he is probably including himself
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Joe, my willingness to have a perpetual recognition that I could be wrong at any given moment has been unmitigated and unwavering. That said, I can't see myself being convinced that we should give up two picks to get rid of Deng.

That’s interesting because most here would say that even with the two picks, it’s still not enough to make a team want to take on Deng. I actually think it may require an additional pick or Nance to get the deal done.

Two firsts is a small price to pay for LeBron James, Phil.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

George and Oladipo will be going for 40 each. Should be a great environment, must see TV. Always a tough building when the pacers are actually competitive.

I hope OKC does well in PG's return and finally figures it out and turns their season around.... JK... Go Indy! Go Victor.

Question. If PG lays an egg here do we still want him as our #1 option? I mean, even headband Laker Dwight scored 39 points and got the win in his return to Orlando.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

That’s interesting because most here would say that even with the two picks, it’s still not enough to make a team want to take on Deng. I actually think it may require an additional pick or Nance to get the deal done.

Two firsts is a small price to pay for LeBron James, Phil.

Tbh I'm not even really sure I want us to sign LeBron (not that I'm all that worried about the possibility; I just don't see it happening). Or at the least I'd much rather have PG and maybe even Cousins ahead of him.

If LeBron signs he's going to want to trade some of our young guys so that we can compete immediately. Plus, he will probably want us to unload Deng, which will cost us a lot. If we end up trading two picks to get rid of Deng, we've basically mortgaged our entire future for the opportunity to get swept by GSW in the conference finals, assuming we even make it that far. Signing LeBron won't make us a contender.

IMO, our best chance is to sign PG and maybe Cousins, then hope our young guys pan out and we are competing in 2-3 years when GSW's window might be shut.

All that said, I probably still don't say no to LeBron - I just think he comes with a ton of baggage that is worth considering.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

had the weirdest dream.

we traded ball, kuzma, randle, nance, clarkson, hart and got back PG13, LBJ and eric gordon (???).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Kuzzkontrol wrote:

Just curious.

I'd probably trade him for a top 5 pick in this draft. Really love this year's crop and I'm addicted to prospects.

I don't know if he could return a top 5 pick in a trade.

Perhaps mid lottery, but getting a top 5 could be difficult.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
had the weirdest dream.

we traded ball, kuzma, randle, nance, clarkson, hart and got back PG13, LBJ and eric gordon (???).

And then in 2 years, the nightmare of knicks 2.0 will be reality.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Woj bomb

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1647572

Now we wait and see if the Thunder have the cajones to trade him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

coming back from a meeting listening to NBA Radio, and they were talking about possible "fantasy" trades thought would make sense, and one was PG-13 for Kevin Love. At first I thought no way OKC does that deal, but they kind of sold me on it. If OKC feels they will lose PG-13, they will have no cap space, Love and Westbrook are still friends from UCLA, and who better to go stand in the corner and wait for Russ to pass it to him? Also, in Cleveland if Lebron bolts, it is likely so would PG-13...if Lebron stays, it is likely PG-13 would consider it also....which both scenarios is what Cleveland prefers.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Who is the PF we are getting that can guard all 5 positions? I didn't know a player like that existed in the league.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
coming back from a meeting listening to NBA Radio, and they were talking about possible "fantasy" trades thought would make sense, and one was PG-13 for Kevin Love. At first I thought no way OKC does that deal, but they kind of sold me on it. If OKC feels they will lose PG-13, they will have no cap space, Love and Westbrook are still friends from UCLA, and who better to go stand in the corner and wait for Russ to pass it to him? Also, in Cleveland if Lebron bolts, it is likely so would PG-13...if Lebron stays, it is likely PG-13 would consider it also....which both scenarios is what Cleveland prefers.

Can Adams, Melo and Love be on the court together?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Kuzzkontrol wrote:

Just curious.

I don't know if he could return a top 5 pick in a trade.

Perhaps mid lottery, but getting a top 5 could be difficult.

I agree....Dunc'd On guys were discussing what Lonzo could get and they settled on #7-#11th pick range....likely similar for BI.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 230 of 2680
Jump to: