OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 771, 772, 773 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Not a basketball observation. The whole disrespecting Nas thing though? I dont get it? What is the purpose? Boy needs to be put over the knee

I know, to wear a fake Nas t-shirt in NYC. He knew what he was doing. Maybe he did it for the attention. Maybe the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree haha. Nas only had one classic album anyways.

I did find it ironic earlier that day (before the Zo shirt) I was bumping Illmatic while driving my daughter to preschool... lol.

Only one? go to sleep he had at least 3 and two of them was instant classics
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

agree completely. But luke has to appease kcp and brolo. As to why? maybe because they get paid the most money?

Hm.

KCP's agent is the same as LeBron James.

Brook Lopez on the floor, while trying to "limit" Julius Randle's contractual upside for a max deal?

The sound of hitting nails on their heads.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Don't know why we'd appease KCP. He isn't a part of the team's future unless he accepts a bench role as if Luke actually acknowledged Kuzma and Ingram can play 2 and 3 there's no reason he'd start.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Anyone know where I can get that Lonzo Nas hoodie? It's hard as bricks.

dare you to get one and wear it through Brooklyn or Queens....you will probably gain a newfound appreciation for the hardness of bricks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Don't know why we'd appease KCP. He isn't a part of the team's future unless he accepts a bench role as if Luke actually acknowledged Kuzma and Ingram can play 2 and 3 there's no reason he'd start.

no...no they can't. Come on MJST, I expect more...no way Kuzma can play #2, and BI cannot play it well.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
KCP has been pretty clutch for us this year so I don't have a problem with him closing. But if Lonzo is sucking it up then JC needs to come in.

The Los Angeles Lakers Will Miss Kentavious Caldwell-Pope When He's Gone

Quote:
KCP is currently on a one-year deal, unlikely to re-sign in L.A. for a variety of reasons. But the way he's played so far probably has the Lakers hoping they can somehow convince him to stay.

LINK
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

dare you to get one and wear it through Brooklyn or Queens....you will probably gain a newfound appreciation for the hardness of bricks.

I think the dumbest thing he will have ever said for the entirety of his life.. and also makes me question his intelligence is him saying Nas isn't hip hop and he prefers Migos.

Dumbest shet I've heard this year. I guess that's why our youth are so ignorant.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

I think the dumbest thing he will have ever said for the entirety of his life.. and also makes me question his intelligence is him saying Nas isn't hip hop and he prefers Migos.

Dumbest shet I've heard this year. I guess that's why our youth are so ignorant.

"don't nobody listen to Nas anymore"

He's got terrible taste in musical talent
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

no...no they can't. Come on MJST, I expect more...no way Kuzma can play #2, and BI cannot play it well.

Kuzma can play the 3 and BI can play the 2.

BI got played the 2 for a game this season and put up 25 when he did. So obviously he had success there.

Ingram at the 2:

Kuzma can play the 3/4, which is very apparent in his playstyle. If Luke acknowledged this things would be much better off.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

BI got played the 2 for a game this season and put up 25 when he did. So obviously he had success there.

Ingram at the 2:

Kuzma can play the 3/4, which is very apparent in his playstyle. If Luke acknowledged this things would be much better off.

Yep, they sure can play the 2 and 3..
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ingram at the 2:

first, I think most would agree that the game you reference was an anomaly in several ways. Second, offense is not the issue with BI playing the #2...he is not quick enough nor does he have the agility to play the #2 for heavy minutes. In the game you reference, the Suns guards scored 69 points on the night on less than average shooting for the game, while BI had one of the best shooting nights in his career.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

Brooklyn? The place where the Nets play? The place that went through gentrification and kicked a bunch of people out? The place that is the hipster capital of the east? The place that HBO's Girls was filmed? I think he'll be fine with that hoodie. Plus Nas is originally from Queens and he lives in ATL now. It's not like it was a Biggie or Jay (Who lives in LA now) shirt.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
trablos wrote:
KCP has been pretty clutch for us this year so I don't have a problem with him closing. But if Lonzo is sucking it up then JC needs to come in.

The Los Angeles Lakers Will Miss Kentavious Caldwell-Pope When He's Gone

Quote:
KCP is currently on a one-year deal, unlikely to re-sign in L.A. for a variety of reasons. But the way he's played so far probably has the Lakers hoping they can somehow convince him to stay.

LINK

Not really gonna miss him myself. He's just passing through.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ingram at the 2:

first, I think most would agree that the game you reference was an anomaly in several ways. Second, offense is not the issue with BI playing the #2...he is not quick enough nor does he have the agility to play the #2 for heavy minutes. In the game you reference, the Suns guards scored 69 points on the night on less than average shooting for the game, while BI had one of the best shooting nights in his career.

I think the offense would be a problem as well. Can Ingram really run any actions designed for 2s? Like those off screen 3s that KCP chucks up at alarming rates -- Ingram couldn't even hit open ones because his footwork isn't there yet.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

Brooklyn? The place where the Nets play? The place that went through gentrification and kicked a bunch of people out? The place that is the hipster capital of the east? The place that HBO's Girls was filmed? I think he'll be fine with that hoodie. Plus Nas is originally from Queens and he lives in ATL now. It's not like it was a Biggie or Jay (Who lives in LA now) shirt.

that's cute, someone has a Yahoo News feed....if you think what you listed is fully representative of Brooklyn, then you do not know much about Brooklyn. A lot of people live in other places...places they do not consider home....and both Brooklyn (where Nas was born) and Queens (where he later moved to as a child) claim Nas. If you do not think Nas has love in Brooklyn....then again, you do not know Brooklyn.

Brooklyn has over 2.6 Million people...that is twice the population of the city of San Diego.....damn near close to the size of the entire county of San Diego....and you think some coffee shops and boutiques around Barclay's center made all of Brooklyn turn into Mayberry....

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ingram at the 2:

first, I think most would agree that the game you reference was an anomaly in several ways. Second, offense is not the issue with BI playing the #2...he is not quick enough nor does he have the agility to play the #2 for heavy minutes.

You're aware both of those things are contradictory right?

"He won't have a problem scoring at the 2" "the problem is he doesn't have the agility to play the 2 for long stretches"

You mean like he did in the game I linked?

You're also aware that that BI can still defend the 3 on defense, use his length to defend the 2 on defense as well, and you can have Kuzma on the switching 2s and 3s which would body him a lot less than the 4s, and Randle would be the guy switching on the perimeter when they screen Ingram and Lopez would be the one at the paint to rim protect....

That's why it's not a 1 on 1 game, that's why those kind of things can be done.

Both Kuzma and Ingram have the length to bother perimeter players, and Randle has the ability to switch on any position and defend it. Lopez is also the best rim protector and post protector on our team.

Once more defense isn't the problem with this team, offense is. The fact we suffered no defensive setback when Larry wasn't here despite how people talk about Kuzma's defense, should say something.

In fact GT has been digging into Larry's [expletive] for his defensive issues since returning.

So again, what is Larry contributing that deserves him to be in the starting lineup? At least an argument can be made for KCP, there's none for Larry at this point.

So once more, I'd like to see Luke give Ingram some run at the 2 and Kuzma some run at the 3 as well as Randle some run at the 4. It would also eliminate the random "Why is Luke playing that guy?" moments.

tox wrote:

I think the offense would be a problem as well. Can Ingram really run any actions designed for 2s? Like those off screen 3s that KCP chucks up at alarming rates -- Ingram couldn't even hit open ones because his footwork isn't there yet.

Pretty sure those plays would be run for Kuzma.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Not a basketball observation. The whole disrespecting Nas thing though? I dont get it? What is the purpose? Boy needs to be put over the knee

I would posit that the "dis" is actually a form of respect, especially in the "all publicity is good publicity" world we live in.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

^^^^he scored 25 points on Devin Booker...is that your "proof"? Your right, defense is not the problem with this team, because KCP and Hart defend the #2.....if Ingram is defending the #2, defense will be more of a problem.

Ingram is a #3, that likely will transition into a #4 later in his career....Kuzma is a combo Forward that leans more towards a #4 than a #3 currently.

It is your opinion....and I really should not care....but we have to stop pretending this is fantasy or video game basketball, and we can just slot players into any position that we prefer......and every coach that has had them before was somehow incorrect about their proper position.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

I would posit that the "dis" is actually a form of respect, especially in the "all publicity is good publicity" world we live in.

Quote:
"Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future."

yeah, definitely this is how I would define respect
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion.. and that is all we're offering here.. Ingram is more of a 2/3 than 3/4. He does just fine defending opposing 2's.

Whatever offensive issues one would have with Ingram at the 2 could be rectified by running the 2 sets with Kuz.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

He's an idiot for saying Migos is hip hop, but it's indicative of young culture. They like hearing dumb people talk over beats.

Nas is arguably the best to do it.. and I know we're off topic..
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Who gives a (bleep) about Nas
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^^he scored 25 points on Devin Booker...is that your "proof"?

Name me all the shooting guards in the league whom are lockdown defenders please
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Quote:
"Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future."

yeah, definitely this is how I would define respect

All sports and entertainment has turned into pro wrestling. They are probably texting back and forth getting a good laugh about it.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't doubt if agents seek out popular celebrities to have beefs with their clients that are not so relevant anymore..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 771, 772, 773 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 772 of 1688
Jump to: