LAKERS -at- CAVS – 12-14-17 - GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Letting LeBron come and take Ingram's spot would be a terrible decision. Ingram is 20 yrs old and will be a top player in this league for many years to come.

1. I don’t think Lebron is coming (but that’s imo).
2. I get what you mean. Ingram is one of these dudes that strangely many want traded. He’s like a legit candidate for blowing up somewhere else...I guess we as a fan base never learn.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

That was good all around entertaining game. The team never gave up. Time to regroup and be ready for the next one.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

pretty sure bron was saying: to "drown out the noise, keep shooting weird, your shot will start dropping more, you have a well rounded game and only people who don't know basketball say otherwise".
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

pio2u wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Good showing by the young guys. Kuz started slow but salvaged it being the scoring machine he is.

Difference is they can shoot. The lakers had that mini-surge in 3s in 3rd quarter but that’s all she wrote.

NEED. SHOOTERS.
BAD!

"No shooting coach necessary" says Luke. Miles Simon got it covered.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm impatient as they come. But even I know better than to ruin what will be a Lakers team full of stars for the next decade (Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) by signing a 33 yr old LeBron next season. Hopefully Magic is smarter than that.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

P.K. wrote:
defense wrote:
Josh Hart had 10 boards

Double
Double

Hart also played pretty good D and made good decisions..
he's looking a lot more confident lately
he looks legit. Guarded Love really well. He's strong. I feel safe when he's in the game as opposed to Clarkson. Idk if that's the correct word for it.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

That was a fun game to watch, they just have more talent then us right now. I like how we keep games close, whereas in years past these types of games would get out of hand.

Lonzo - good aggression, lots of turnovers. I like what I saw tonight, should have had closer to 15 assists

BI - really has grown as a player, I thought he tired late

Kuzma - stud, should be starting

I thought Randle and clarkson played ok, lots of bonehead stuff however. Hart was super solid, if we don’t get PG I think he’s our starting 2, he’s just about as good as KCP offensively, hustles and does blow fast breaks.

Brook, Larry...such garbage. Both seem like great guys who are smart and physically talented, just not skilled or tough enough IMO.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Maybe LeBron was talking business? Something to do with shoes?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Letting LeBron come and take Ingram's spot would be a terrible decision. Ingram is 20 yrs old and will be a top player in this league for many years to come.

2. I get what you mean. Ingram is one of these dudes that strangely many want traded. He’s like a legit candidate for blowing up somewhere else...I guess we as a fan base never learn.

As Laker fans we are spoiled and impatient. I've watched a lot of basketball in my life... Ingram is a rare talent with an unlimited ceiling. You do not give up on a 20 yr old like that. Besides he's playing great this year and at the rate he's going, he'll be an allstar averaging 25 a night real soon.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke still pisses me off.

Randle is on the bench while Lopez is it there making a fool of himself?

Luke is gone after this year.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Lebron wouldn't take Ingram's spot. I don't think he is coming either but if say both Lebron/PG came I would envision Zo, PG, Ingram and Lebron starting. With Lebron at the 4. Yes Ingram is 20 and he has a long career ahead. Lebron coming doesn't stop that.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Honestly just plug Paul george into this young core and let's fly
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Lebron wouldn't take Ingram's spot. I don't think he is coming either but if say both Lebron/PG came I would envision Zo, PG, Ingram and Lebron starting. With Lebron at the 4. Yes Ingram is 20 and he has a long career ahead. Lebron coming doesn't stop that.

No doubt. I just mean in general people trying to trade Ingram (Lebron or no Lebron).
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Over under on ESPN in depth coverage of Lebron-Zo talk tomorrow by the hour on every show.

There will be a lot and his coy response will only add to it. The media does a really good job of eliciting compliments from the Laker opponents.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Rather have Cousins.he solves more problem. With BI and Kuz ..do not think we need PG
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Kenny Smith needs to shut up..Lonzo can flat play..
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:

As Laker fans we are spoiled and impatient. I've watched a lot of basketball in my life... Ingram is a rare talent with an unlimited ceiling. You do not give up on a 20 yr old like that. Besides he's playing great this year and at the rate he's going, he'll be an allstar averaging 25 a night real soon.

With a consistent shot (like tonight) the dude is a 25-30 ppg 2-way walking nightmare.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Still, there's only so much money to go around and these young guys will be wanting their checks real soon. Plus what about Kuzma? See what I mean? It's not worth it in the long run. Losing sucks, but ruining a chance of what could be the next Warriors-like dynasty built thru the draft would suck even more.

How do you think GSW became a power house? By letting their draft picks develop and THEN acquiring more talent.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Lebron always has those private jersey over your mouth post game talks with players. I always find them funny. If what you are saying is so private how about make a phone call instead of having the convo in front of a camera and live mics.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Rather have Cousins.he solves more problem. With BI and Kuz ..do not think we need PG

Feeling the same. I'm sure PG could play the 2 and make us a very long defensive team on the perimeter that could switch everything 1-4, but I feel Cousins would impact this team even more.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Made a silly TO everytime we were inching closer that stopped our momentum. 3rd quarter it was a miscommunication between Zo and Ingram when we were down 3 and in the 4th quarter, it was Randle attempting what looked like an alley oop to JC that had no chance to connect when we climbed back to be within 4 points.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I missed the first half and watching unified highlights thread, Brook missing two airball FT's is when the momentum, and our lead evaporated.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

found out what Lebron said to Ball...

https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/941511813119823872
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Still, there's only so much money to go around and these young guys will be wanting their checks real soon. Plus what about Kuzma? See what I mean? It's not worth it in the long run. Losing sucks, but ruining a chance of what could be the next Warriors-like dynasty built thru the draft would suck even more.

How do you think GSW became a power house? By letting their draft picks develop and THEN acquiring more talent.

I guess we could be the next Warriors Dynasty? That seems like an extreme long shot though. We can also be a barely miss or barely make the playoff team for a long time. Essentially what the Blazers are probably going to be for the next few years.

If you have a chance to get Lebron/George and keep your key young guys then I think you do it every single time.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Why is anyone complaining about this game? the team that was supposed to win won. Stop calling the players dumb. I think this game was encouraging if anything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39
Jump to: