OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject:

My worst nightmares about brook came through. I always thought he was a stat padder who didn't do much to help a team win. I was hoping i was being too hard on him but he's just not very good. His mediocre .350 from 3 last season also seems to be an anomaly.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
My worst nightmares about brook came through. I always thought he was a stat padder who didn't do much to help a team win. I was hoping i was being too hard on him but he's just not very good. His mediocre .350 from 3 last season also seems to be an anomaly.

Just counting down the days until he's off this team! Cap space...Cap space...CAP SPACE! That's what I keep telling myself in order to get through an entire season of watching him not get rebounds and launch 3's!

He does not fit this team at all!
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

My man just looked like Charmin out there. This is why our 7 foot starting center ranks 7th on the team in rebounds.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

Yeah, one and done
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

I thought he would do better than he is now, but alas, maybe it's age catching up to him. I doubted people's fears about Brook commanding 20m/year on the market. He could be had for the room exception IMO if he wants to stay.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!

Can we just get Tarik Black back? I mean wow, just wow. I think that Zu or Big Mamba should start to get some minutes. Brook just can't play.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I thought he would do better than he is now, but alas, maybe it's age catching up to him. I doubted people's fears about Brook commanding 20m/year on the market. He could be had for the room exception IMO if he wants to stay.

The slower footed 7 footers seem to age in dog years in the NBA now. I would not even want him for the exception at this point. Better to give his minutes to guys who might pan out like Zu or Big Mamba. What could it hurt? Lopez kills us out there.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

There's a song from the movie Clerks called "What a Whookie". It should be played during Lopez's two minutes of blunder highlights last night.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

I figured it out. Bropez wants to remain in LA for the rest of the year, so he's sabotaging any chances of being traded. 😬
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

I can forgive the air balls, and maybe even that pathetic missed dunk. But when he stepped aside to let Lebron just waltz in, damn, I’m done with this dude. My first thought was he was shaving points. Can’t wait until he’s traded before the deadline.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
I can forgive the air balls, and maybe even that pathetic missed dunk. But when he stepped aside to let Lebron just waltz in, damn, I’m done with this dude. My first thought was he was shaving points. Can’t wait until he’s traded before the deadline.

I'm all for trading him at the deadline, but then we would have to take contracts back. I don't think he will be traded
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

I didn't like his play yesterday, but didn't he have two fouls at the time?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Time to get Bryant some minutes.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

Totally unacceptable to let Lebron just waltz in and not even try Randle should be starting immediately
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

He did, but who cares? He only plays 20 mins per game at most anyway. Smoke em if you got em!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Totally unacceptable to let Lebron just waltz in and not even try Randle should be starting immediately

Lebron was full steam ahead man. There was no waltzing going on. The guy is a freight train.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

I think it's time for Zu and Bryant to start seeing some mins. I'm done with Brook.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Lebron was full steam ahead man. There was no waltzing going on. The guy is a freight train.

But Brook Lopez is 7 foot and built like a brick wall.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
defense wrote:

Just counting down the days until he's off this team! Cap space...Cap space...CAP SPACE! That's what I keep telling myself in order to get through an entire season of watching him not get rebounds and launch 3's!

He does not fit this team at all!

Yet some want to bring him back next season
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

They get 6 fouls?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

This.

Get in his way, likely get dunked on and an and-1 foul. And, by the way, that'd be his 3rd foul mid-way through the 2nd. I'm pretty sure he already had 2.

Not sure what we're expecting out of him. He's giving the team exactly what he's given his prior teams. A presence that can play decently in the post, step out and hit the occasional 3, block the occasional shot and grab a few boards. He's never been a big rebounder, and we do need to have a few legitimate bigs on the teams to bang down low on D against bigger players. It can't just be Randle and nobody. We also got rid of Moz, who'd be worse off on our team.

The two airball FTs. No clue what happened there. Weirdest thing, especially considering he's around an 78% FT shooter (i.e. he's actually one of hte few guys on our team you can rely on at the FT line).
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

This.

Get in his way, likely get dunked on and an and-1 foul. And, by the way, that'd be his 3rd foul mid-way through the 2nd. I'm pretty sure he already had 2.

Not sure what we're expecting out of him. He's giving the team exactly what he's given his prior teams. A presence that can play decently in the post, step out and hit the occasional 3, block the occasional shot and grab a few boards. He's never been a big rebounder, and we do need to have a few legitimate bigs on the teams to bang down low on D against bigger players. It can't just be Randle and nobody. We also got rid of Moz, who'd be worse off on our team.

The two airball FTs. No clue what happened there. Weirdest thing, especially considering he's around an 78% FT shooter (i.e. he's actually one of hte few guys on our team you can rely on at the FT line).

Agree that Bron was going hard at the rim, but like I said before, Lopez does not play many minutes so just take a foul and at least try to prevent the bucket. Bron was shooting a poor FT % last night.

But you are right, that play is not the end of the world if it were not followed up by the 2 airball free throws and that blown wide open dunk. That was 2 minutes of pure game changing suckage.

Dude just misses so many easy shots. He cost Zo at least 5 assists last night.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

This.

What got me was how quickly he stepped aside, like he got no heart / fight in him. Watch the replay again, so frustrating.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

The best part of him struggling is that there's virtually no chance we resign him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Time to get Bryant some minutes.

Bryant would have blocked Lebron twice. (see 2013 ASG) 😂
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 38 of 56
Jump to: