OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
I can forgive the air balls, and maybe even that pathetic missed dunk. But when he stepped aside to let Lebron just waltz in, damn, I’m done with this dude. My first thought was he was shaving points. Can’t wait until he’s traded before the deadline.

Totally unacceptable to let Lebron just waltz in and not even try Randle should be starting immediately

Lebron was full steam ahead man. There was no waltzing going on. The guy is a freight train.

This.

Get in his way, likely get dunked on and an and-1 foul. And, by the way, that'd be his 3rd foul mid-way through the 2nd. I'm pretty sure he already had 2.

Not sure what we're expecting out of him. He's giving the team exactly what he's given his prior teams. A presence that can play decently in the post, step out and hit the occasional 3, block the occasional shot and grab a few boards. He's never been a big rebounder, and we do need to have a few legitimate bigs on the teams to bang down low on D against bigger players. It can't just be Randle and nobody. We also got rid of Moz, who'd be worse off on our team.

The two airball FTs. No clue what happened there. Weirdest thing, especially considering he's around an 78% FT shooter (i.e. he's actually one of hte few guys on our team you can rely on at the FT line).

What got me was how quickly he stepped aside, like he got no heart / fight in him. Watch the replay again, so frustrating.

So you rather see this, and potentially with an and-1 situation considering you know it'll be a foul as soon as Lebron gets touched.
. Just so we can see he has "heart?"

ps. also posted this because I miss Nance dunking on people as frequently this year.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Time to cut way back on his minutes. I would love to see what Bryant can do.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Give this guy the Deng treatment. Call up Thomas Bryant limited backup duty. Start Randle at C.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

if Lopez was a rookie playing like this he wouldn't see the light of day on the court. Double standards... That's what's holding this team back.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we have to worry about Lopez with Magic in charge. DLO kicked a rolling in bounds out of bounds and ended up on the floor vs Philly last year. Then ended up on the Nets shortly after that. And that was our young star of the future. Lopez had like 2-3 minutes worth of that crap last night. They'll find a place for him... somewhere else.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Give this guy the Deng treatment. Call up Thomas Bryant limited backup duty. Start Randle at C.

Randle to play 25-30 minutes and Zubac and Bryant to get 10ish minutes a night. how do we expect teams to view them as valuable assets if they never even play?
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Imagine cousins taking all those shots.

All the show starts are because of Lopez not buying a single basket

my God, we would be a playoff team
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
I can forgive the air balls, and maybe even that pathetic missed dunk. But when he stepped aside to let Lebron just waltz in, damn, I’m done with this dude. My first thought was he was shaving points. Can’t wait until he’s traded before the deadline.

Totally unacceptable to let Lebron just waltz in and not even try Randle should be starting immediately

Lebron was full steam ahead man. There was no waltzing going on. The guy is a freight train.

This.

Get in his way, likely get dunked on and an and-1 foul. And, by the way, that'd be his 3rd foul mid-way through the 2nd. I'm pretty sure he already had 2.

Not sure what we're expecting out of him. He's giving the team exactly what he's given his prior teams. A presence that can play decently in the post, step out and hit the occasional 3, block the occasional shot and grab a few boards. He's never been a big rebounder, and we do need to have a few legitimate bigs on the teams to bang down low on D against bigger players. It can't just be Randle and nobody. We also got rid of Moz, who'd be worse off on our team.

The two airball FTs. No clue what happened there. Weirdest thing, especially considering he's around an 78% FT shooter (i.e. he's actually one of hte few guys on our team you can rely on at the FT line).

What got me was how quickly he stepped aside, like he got no heart / fight in him. Watch the replay again, so frustrating.

So you rather see this, and potentially with an and-1 situation considering you know it'll be a foul as soon as Lebron gets touched.
. Just so we can see he has "heart?"

ps. also posted this because I miss Nance dunking on people as frequently this year.

Yes, I’d rather see that. It’d show that he cared about something that he’s being paid $20m to do.

And agree with you on Nance. I think he’s being more cautious given injuries.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I don't think we have to worry about Lopez with Magic in charge. DLO kicked a rolling in bounds out of bounds and ended up on the floor vs Philly last year. Then ended up on the Nets shortly after that. And that was our young star of the future. Lopez had like 2-3 minutes worth of that crap last night. They'll find a place for him... somewhere else.

They would have to take at least $15.5 mil in salary back.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

Yes, I’d rather see that. It’d show that he cared about something that he’s being paid $20m to do.

Guess that's where you and I disagree. Not sure how if the end result is going to be the same or worse, that does anything positive for him or the team. If it were a real fight, or something like that, absolutely would want to see fight from him. But this is just giving away points AND fouls at the same time.

Agreed on Nance, though I think he's also gotten a little bigger/less spring to his jump from what I can see.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Guess that's where you and I disagree. Not sure how if the end result is going to be the same or worse, that does anything positive for him or the team. If it were a real fight, or something like that, absolutely would want to see fight from him. But this is just giving away points AND fouls at the same time.

Agreed on Nance, though I think he's also gotten a little bigger/less spring to his jump from what I can see.

He did give up points, a good hard foul wouldn't have given up free points, not to mention mention the huge wave of momentum that goes along with it. Lopez isn't important enough that he needs to save fouls by giving up free dunks.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Well Noel just became trade eligible. I would love to see a Noel mcroberts and Harris for Lopez deal done. Noel is for sure not in their plans and they could use a center
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

He did give up points, a good hard foul wouldn't have given up free points, not to mention mention the huge wave of momentum that goes along with it. Lopez isn't important enough that he needs to save fouls by giving up free dunks.

A good hard foul would result in a flagrant. He gave up 2 pts. A softer foul would've likely led to 2 and an and1.

Last thing I want is our players thinking "I'm not that important, who cares about my foul situation." Every one of our guys better think they're super valuable on the court or don't bother suiting up.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Agree to disagree. I think what we can all gather around on is that is as horrible a two minute stretch as you’ll ever see
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Agree to disagree. I think what we can all gather around on is that is as horrible a two minute stretch as you’ll ever see

that's for sure!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Well Noel just became trade eligible. I would love to see a Noel mcroberts and Harris for Lopez deal done. Noel is for sure not in their plans and they could use a center

Where do I sign?

Would be great to get an athletic C who can run the floor and defend. Even though he isn't hitting shots, Brook still spreads the floor so that would be a concern but I would love to give Noel a shot (maybe we get something good) and Harris could be that backup vet pg that Lonzo could use.

Bigger issue, this trades means 2 cuts-- Probably Ennis and McRoberts
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

We need Alonzo Mourning, that man would challenge literally every dunk and end up on a poster more times than not
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
vicman wrote:

Where do I sign?

Would be great to get an athletic C who can run the floor and defend. Even though he isn't hitting shots, Brook still spreads the floor so that would be a concern but I would love to give Noel a shot (maybe we get something good) and Harris could be that backup vet pg that Lonzo could use.

Bigger issue, this trades means 2 cuts-- Probably Ennis and McRoberts
u can't cut Ma Roberts till trade goes through but yes u would have to cut but it gives you time to see Noel with the team before signing him and u don't take on contracts
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

But Brook Lopez is 7 foot and built like a brick wall.

They weigh about the same actually. Lebron was coming full speed and Brook had a split second to make a decision. I don't think he was running away, I think it was more like "alright I'm not going to get there in time to contest it so I'm just going to give it up and avoid the foul". Obviously it looked bad but I'm not going to overreact over a quick reaction decision.

Brook's a veteran and I still think he can step up this season the way KCP did after his slow start. We are the #1 pace team and he played in the #1 pace offense last season, so not sure what his issue is. He's still only 29 but maybe all the running is catching up to him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:

as bad as lopez is, they probably wouldn't want him because he won't help with their tank
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

A good hard foul would result in a flagrant. He gave up 2 pts. A softer foul would've likely led to 2 and an and1.

Last thing I want is our players thinking "I'm not that important, who cares about my foul situation." Every one of our guys better think they're super valuable on the court or don't bother suiting up.

Sorry but very few players are important enough that they should give up a dunk instead of picking up a third foul. Because honestly getting six fouls rarely happens, no matter when you get your third. A good hard foul would not be a flagrant, a bad hard foul would be a flagrant. Odds are even a little body contact and hitting the wrist would have been enough to breakup the play. Nobody on a team should be thinking they are too important to step up and make a physical defense at the rim, be it by taking a charge or trying for a block.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
We need Alonzo Mourning, that man would challenge literally every dunk and end up on a poster more times than not

He stopped way more posters than he ever landed on.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Pray for me. I’m a little too excited to see someone else take Lopez’s minutes for a while. I wish him well, but Luke would never have sit him otherwise.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Hope he is alright. Lopez is a great guy off the court
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
trablos wrote:

He stopped way more posters than he ever landed on.

Love me some OG Zo. So much better than Dwight ever was and did it on one kidney... and it belonged to someone else.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 39 of 56
Jump to: