Thibodeaux Is A Genius And An Idiot

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Thibodeaux Is A Genius And An Idiot

Great piece on deadspin about his defensive acumen and also his penchant for running his players into the ground: https://deadspin.com/tom-thibodeau-is-destruction-1821265024
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Defensive version of D'Antoni?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Lets hope he drives KAT out of town all the way to LA LA land.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lets hope he drives KAT out of town all the way to LA LA land.

Assuming he still has functioning knees by the time Thibbodeau is done with him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

the only opinion I have about Thibbodeau is I never want him to coach the Lakers.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Jesus looks like he's doubled down on running his guys into the ground.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

So this is interesting, I totally agree that he drives his players to the ground, but from a pure coaching perspective, so long as he isn't the long-term decision maker for the team's front office, I see nothing wrong with that. He's a coach, and expects his stars to do everything to give them the highest chance to succeed NOW as a team. And when they age earlier than others because of the hours, trade them away. That's not a Coach's problem. In his case though, he's also the Pres of Basketball Operations and not just Coach, so that's no good, since it IS his problem.

Players will not want to play for him early in their career (either because they're going to be playing 40+ nightly, or not at all if they're a young prospect that's benched in lieu of the young stars playing all the mins), and that'll lead to him getting fewer and fewer front office and/or coaching opportunities.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
So this is interesting, I totally agree that he drives his players to the ground, but from a pure coaching perspective, so long as he isn't the long-term decision maker for the team's front office, I see nothing wrong with that. He's a coach, and expects his stars to do everything to give them the highest chance to succeed NOW as a team. And when they age earlier than others because of the hours, trade them away. That's not a Coach's problem. In his case though, he's also the Pres of Basketball Operations and not just Coach, so that's no good, since it IS his problem.

Players will not want to play for him early in their career (either because they're going to be playing 40+ nightly, or not at all if they're a young prospect that's benched in lieu of the young stars playing all the mins), and that'll lead to him getting fewer and fewer front office and/or coaching opportunities.

He fails to see the big picture
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Definite short sighted especially in a front office role.
He fails to see the big picture
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

How come Minnesota's defensive ratings is at 25/30 teams? I haven't been watching them closely but they seem to have the personnel to play great team defense but are not doing it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

His screaming act would wear thin for me in about one minute as a player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: