2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:
With the posting fee and signing bonus, it might be closer $22million plus the mlb minimum at $545,000 per year for the next three years. Seems to be 1st degree which allows him to pitch, though with an "elbow care program"

Damn I was pumped to watch the kid. He's still playing though right? Or is he going to be shelved?

Damaged goods with this Japanese import, he's an Angel so I'm indifferent if he booms or busts.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:
With the posting fee and signing bonus, it might be closer $22million plus the mlb minimum at $545,000 per year for the next three years. Seems to be 1st degree which allows him to pitch, though with an "elbow care program"

Damn I was pumped to watch the kid. He's still playing though right? Or is he going to be shelved?

Grade one sprain, they're saying he can still pitch on it as long as it is managed well. Tanaka declined TJ surgery a few years back, he has been successful in rehabbing the partial tear of the UCL and is pitching without pain.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:

Damaged goods with this Japanese import, he's an Angel so I'm indifferent if he booms or busts.

All good to you but there's a ton of us that have been on these Dodgers' threads through the years that also enjoy watching Angels' games.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

So Darvish was tipping pitches in both World Series games.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/11/dodgers-yu-darvish-tipped-pitches-world-series-astros?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
So Darvish was tipping pitches in both World Series games.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/11/dodgers-yu-darvish-tipped-pitches-world-series-astros?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Even better, he seems to be the only big ticket free agent the Dodgers are interested in.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Dodgers miss out on Bryan Shaw, Addison Reed, and Anthony Swarzak as replacements for Morrow. This front office has rested on their laurels so far and it's not looking too good for them unless it's just the trade route. Even then, they've had a failure of an offseason so far.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

It's becoming more clear than ever that getting under the luxury tax for this year to reset the penalties is their #1 priority.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Wtf haven't we acquired Ozuna yet?

No, he has gone elsewhere
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21758007/miami-marlins-trade-marcell-ozuna-st-louis-cardinals
Quote:
"You would hope that MLB would screen new ownership so that we have someone come in and provide additions," agent Scott Boras, who represents Ozuna, said Wednesday. "[Instead], they come in, and they redirect, so you're not a jewelry store that's coveting your diamonds. You become a pawn shop that's trying to pay the rent of the building."

I'd be surprised if anybody goes to the Marlins games next year....it will be a throwback to those days of a couple hundred fans at Pro Players Stadium, except now they get to sit in a shiny new ballpark.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
It's becoming more clear than ever that getting under the luxury tax for this year to reset the penalties is their #1 priority.

Until they give some injury prone ex-Ray/A pitcher a ludicrous contract.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The cards make a huge trade for Ozuna. A great fit for that team and one I feel will pay much bigger dividends long-term than the Stanton trade since they don't eat as much salary and have the flexibility to make other moves for a guy that is entering his prime and a candidate to have an even bigger breakout year in my opinion. Dodgers whiff again and are getting outpaced by a lot of other teams this offseason. Inexcusable.

I'm hoping the Dodgers can try to pull off a trade that ChickenStu once mentioned with the pirates and get Rivero, Cole, and McCutcheon. Unfortunately the cost will be high unless the pirates agree to take back salary.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The cards make a huge trade for Ozuna. A great fit for that team and one I feel will pay much bigger dividends long-term than the Stanton trade since they don't eat as much salary and have the flexibility to make other moves for a guy that is entering his prime and a candidate to have an even bigger breakout year in my opinion. Dodgers whiff again and are getting outpaced by a lot of other teams this offseason. Inexcusable.

I'm hoping the Dodgers can try to pull off a trade that ChickenStu once mentioned with the pirates and get Rivero, Cole, and McCutcheon. Unfortunately the cost will be high unless the pirates agree to take back salary.

Yeah I was hoping for Rivero and McCutchen. Cole, though he slumped a bit last season, would cost the most of the 3. McCutchen probably wouldn't cost a ton, but Rivero would, and so would Cole.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

OK, so apparently the Orioles have received offers from something like 12 teams for Machado, with the White Sox being the most aggressive. That seems really odd to me, given that they aren't close to contention and that he's on an expiring deal. I'm such a fan of Machado that I feel compelled to offer my idea for acquiring him, even though it seems like the Dodgers aren't being aggressive this winter. Here goes:

--First, the prospect cost. I think we could get Machado without having to give up Buehler or Verdugo, since he only has 1 year of team control left and since we have other top-100 prospects. I still think it will take two top prospects, one of which will be a young, controllable pitcher. (They are said to be targeting two young controllable starters.)

--Second, with Machado projected to earn $17.3MM in salary arbitration (MLB Trade Rumors projection), we'd have to shed some salary to avoid the oft-mentioned luxury tax penalties. Since Forsythe can play third base, I figure he can go back to the Orioles in any deal, and it would slash his $8.5MM salary off our books. I'd also find a way to move Grandal off the books, who is projected to make just under $8MM in arbitration. Doing the above would allow the payroll to barely change.

--Third, in looking at who would play where, I would install Machado as the SS (where he wants to play), and move Seager to 2B. If Seager can play SS, I see no reason why he can't play second, and with his tender elbow, it would ease that burden of throwing on him as well.

The offer I would make is Forsythe, Yadier Alvarez, one of Gavin Lux or Omar Estevez (both are SS/2B prospects aged 20 and 19, respectively), and Dustin May.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject:

I like Machado, but I just don't see us getting him, don't see them moving Seager off of SS, too many other moving parts to accommodate Manny even if he is an incredible player.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

I might be in a better position to find news seeing as I'm currently staying at the hotel where they're having the winter meetings haha. (Though I'm here on vacation). If you see something on ESPN about Farhan Zaidi or Andrew Friedman being attacked by a guy in a UCLA hat...that's me!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

If nothing happens today then im predicting another playoff implosion, i mean come on seriously, we let morrow walk away and were getting nobody, are we seriously going to wait until the trade deadline again?

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
I might be in a better position to find news seeing as I'm currently staying at the hotel where they're having the winter meetings haha. (Though I'm here on vacation). If you see something on ESPN about Farhan Zaidi or Andrew Friedman being attacked by a guy in a UCLA hat...that's me!

If you see them so much as approach any Devil Rays or A's executive asking about any injury-prone players, grab them by the ear like a child and pull them away.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Why cant the front office's intention be as transparent as Darvish's pitch selection?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Dodgers today acquired outfielder Matt Kemp from the Atlanta Braves in exchange for first baseman Adrián González, pitchers Scott Kazmir and Brandon McCarthy, infielder Charlie Culberson and cash considerations.

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/status/942116218961477632

Last edited by 32 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The trade was close to being Finalized on Thursday when Matt Kemp and Adrian Gonzalez each agreed to waive no trade clauses

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/942121228294283264
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
For weeks the Dodgers have been trying to shed the salaries of Adrian Gonzalez, Scott Kazmir and Brandon McCarthy -- and with the trade for Matt Kemp, they managed to do it in one fell swoop and position themselves to get under luxury tax. A potential game changer for them.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/942120444781572101
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The reason Adrian Gonzalez waived his no trade clause was that he was told that he would be a free agent by Wednesday when he'll be designated for assignment by #Braves

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/942119013353603072
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Dodgers are just as likely to flip Matt Kemp as they are to keep him. Payroll flexibility might make outfielders Lorenzo Cain or Andrew McCutchen in play

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/status/942122336810971136
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Salary dump?
This isn't Matt Kemp in his prime, I guess he's happy to be back in a Dodger uniform.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Get under luxury tax.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 14 of 334
Jump to: