Houston Rockets chances against the Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject:

No chance.
I see Harden choking, deferring, and giving the ball to dribble maniac CP3.
He will run the shot clock in the final 5 possession and hoist contested fall back long 2p jumpers. Clank! Clank!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The succesful pairing of CP3 and Harden is really bringing back some salt over the veto...

I was thinking the same thing. If he's this good alongside CP3 imagine Kobe....

I don't see how some are saying the talent disparity between us and GS is close. We have Harden/CP3. They have Steph/Klay. No other player is comparable to Durant. Or Green. Then they have Iggy, Livingston, West, etc....

You mentioned players that compliment Steph and Klay. I don't know why Swaggy P's not given mentioned he deserves. I hated to see him leave Los Angeles. He took points off the board with him. His 3pt shooting is more than GS needed. Where in the hell is the commissioner when you need him?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The succesful pairing of CP3 and Harden is really bringing back some salt over the veto...

I don't see how some are saying the talent disparity between us and GS is close. We have Harden/CP3. They have Steph/Klay. No other player is comparable to Durant. Or Green. Then they have Iggy, Livingston, West, etc....

You mentioned players that compliment Steph and Klay. I don't know why Swaggy P's not given mentioned he deserves. I hated to see him leave Los Angeles. He took points off the board with him. His 3pt shooting is more than GS needed. Where in the hell is the commissioner when you need him?

Right now he's getting about identical minutes and have a similar performance as Ian Clark did last year. I actually thought Young would do a little better for them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Right now he's getting about identical minutes and have a similar performance as Ian Clark did last year. I actually thought Young would do a little better for them.

Personality, crowd involvement. Young inspires the fans in attendance. Clark didn't have that ability . That inspiration is a plus, 6th man.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If they magically get Lebron I have no doubt there will be a 7 game battle in the conference finals.....

There could be a 7 game battle this year without Lebron. I'm not impressed with Curry on the biggest stage, when there's pressure, so the Rockets have a chance.

Yeah with Lebron on the Rockets I think they wax GSW.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

If, If, If, IF THE HOUND HADN'T STOP TO ISH, HE'DA CAUGHT THE RABBIT.

LeBron will be with the Cavs this season. GS has the deeper roster. As the teams are presently constructed the Cavs have a chance to beat GS IF Isaiah returns and plays to form.

Don't minimize the LeBron effect. I give them a punchers chance to bring home the Larry O'Brien.

I give GS the edge.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I would take Harden/CP3 over Steph/Clay. Iggy and the others are just bench/role players. A lot of guys would look better on the Warriors. Houston has some good role players too. The Lakers were never the same after Ariza left. If this was the Warriors team before Durant got there then I really think the Warriors would be in big trouble against the Rockets. But with Durant on that team it’s hard to see them not having a big edge IMO.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

And it looks like their first loss with Paul will be against our team.

He was injured today but still played 25 minutes. If he can’t stay healthy they will have to beat GS without the HCA.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The Rockets will have at least an outside chance against GSW. But if the Spurs are at or close to full strength, I'd also pick them over Houston. The Spurs will slow down the game, but they can still play up-tempo in short spurts and maybe even win one 125-120 game against the Rockets or Warriors. Plus, who on the Rockets can contain Durant or Leonard?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike Antoni will never win a championship. Never!
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

I would take Harden/CP3 over Steph/Clay.

Me too. The issue is that Durant is better than all of them. Then Green, then the other players. There is a clear talent disparity.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Rockets will have at least an outside chance against GSW. But if the Spurs are at or close to full strength, I'd also pick them over Houston. The Spurs will slow down the game, but they can still play up-tempo in short spurts and maybe even win one 125-120 game against the Rockets or Warriors. Plus, who on the Rockets can contain Durant or Leonard?

Leonard isn't an unstoppable offensive force. I'm fine with Ariza, Tucker and Luc on him. I'm also not scared of SA if CP3 is healthy. He's a Spurs killer. Not saying they can't beat us in a series but I'm not afraid of them like I am for GS.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Leonard isn't an unstoppable offensive force. I'm fine with Ariza, Tucker and Luc on him. I'm also not scared of SA if CP3 is healthy. He's a Spurs killer. Not saying they can't beat us in a series but I'm not afraid of them like I am for GS.

Leonard may not be a gunner like some other superstars, but he is a superstar and is unstoppable offensively when he wants to be. I'm not sure Ariza can take him one on one. If we had Ariza in 2010 I'm not sure if he could've done the job well enough on Paul Pierce.

Never sleep on the Spurs. They never ever go away. Just when you think they're about to die for good, they rise from the dead and start thriving again. They always must be accounted for by other contenders in the west.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Tue, Oct 17 _at_ Golden State W 122-121 An away game for the Rockets

That was a squeaker. If Steph and CP3 are ready for the Thu, Jan 4th meeting, it will give more to go on.

IMO a statement game.

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Warriors in 6
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Injuries are the bane of the NBA. Harden probably won't play tonight. It's all on the fragile shoulders of CP3.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

17 straight wins. #1 in the West. I saw a stat that the Rockets 34-1 when Harden, Paul and Capela all play. I’m not sure how hard the Warriors will push to get that #1 seed. They seem more worried about being healthy for the postseason.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
17 straight wins. #1 in the West. I saw a stat that the Rockets 34-1 when Harden, Paul and Capela all play. I’m not sure how hard the Warriors will push to get that #1 seed. They seem more worried about being healthy for the postseason.

It's a weird run, especially for a D'antoni team, they've been playing at the league's slowest pace during this win streak, their defense has improved (probably boosted by the lack of transition points that occur when playing so slowly), but their offense is still rolling even playing at a snail's pace.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Houston lost the the Toronto Raptors last night ending a 17 game win streak. I don't think they'll win the West but it's going to be interesting if they meet GS in the finals. I don't think they can beat the Dubs in a 7 game series.

When the season started it was odds on the Cavaliers and the Warriors would be in the finals. Don't bet the condo. I give Toronto a good chance to win the East. I still have the Warriors winning the West.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

If Ws are healthy, no team stands a chance.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

If Curry has a gimpy hoof, they have a good chance...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Let me know when they get past the second round

Until then I don't buy into the Rockets.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
If Ws are healthy, no team stands a chance.

Based on talent alone they are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. The question is how hungry will they be in the playoffs against teams that haven't done much but are very hungry for success like the Rockets.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
If Curry has a gimpy hoof, they have a good chance...

Yeah the Warriors are built around Curry and the gravity he draws. If he isn't healthy than I can see Houston going all the way.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Let me know when they get past the second round

Until then I don't buy into the Rockets.

Huh? They have gone past the second round before when they came back from 3-1 to beat the Clippers. They have gotten much better and the Spurs clearly got worse. Who beats them in the second round when they won’t even play the Warriors until the third round?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: