LAKERS -at- WARRIORS – 12-22-17 - GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
BizLA wrote:
In all honesty we probably win this game if not for the bricklayer KCP. Missed about 5 or 6 wide open 3s

Btw why does everyone love Hart? Other than on ball defense what exactly is he good for? He doesn't shoot or finish well.

Defense. Lakers have made some great runs against good teams with Hart on the floor, and he allows players like Kuz to shine on offense without dominating the ball and laying bricks a la KCP.

Yeah I guess he's an upgrade from that idiot KCP
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

OCWA wrote:
Lonzo sucks! he had a -13.................Is what some people are probably saying right now...lol

is that any different than when he would be 1 of 9 with 2 points and 11 rebounds....but a +12.....and many on LG were saying "but look at the +/- & rebounds"?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Curious what the Walton Shaw Bell Green conversation was about. Walton was heated about something Bell did. Green stepped in with Shaw.

hmm...I am not a fan of Bell....originally loved him...then kid got a big head....and he just is not that good of a player....he is good at a couple things for a very good team....not close enough to act arrogant

When was it? Was it for Bell clearly hanging on the rim after a dunk and the idiot ref not having the balls to call a technical foul?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Clarkson should be closing, not KCP.

(bleep) man, I’ll gladly take Hart. That dude has such a trustworthy game and he’s nails on defense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
durant just said Kuz should have been in the lottery

then he ruined it by saying Bell should have been a lottery pick

I was pissed on draft night that we took Kuz instead of Bell. FO made the right move and I'm glad.

yeah, we didn't know it....but Kuz is 3x player Bell will ever be
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Lonzo sucks! he had a -13.................Is what some people are probably saying right now...lol

They're probably using the same tired narrative from the beginning of the season.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:

is that any different than when he would be 1 of 9 with 2 points and 11 rebounds....but a +12.....and many on LG were saying "but look at the +/- & rebounds"?

Yeah, The complete opposite...lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSD wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Clarkson should be closing, not KCP.

(bleep) man, I’ll gladly take Hart. That dude has such a trustworthy game and he’s nails on defense.

And he doesn’t shoot dumb shots like KCP.

Hart literally gives the same production on defense while playing within the offense and not hogging and chucking, thus letting Kuzma and others shine.

Even if Hart bricks shots, at least their good shots and he doesn’t take as many of them. KCP is just a turd.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

Bell has nice defensive potential, but he's essentially a glorified garbage man on offense at this point. Who just so happens to be cleaning up for the greatest offensive team in history, quite possibly.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

If Ingram were 22 or 24 I'd judge him more harshly... as terrible as he played today... he still shot close to 50% with only one TO... he just struggled guarding a stronger more athletic player.

Sure but it's not like he played on KD all game. Kuzma, Randle and even Nance were on him too.

What's annoying in Ingram's case is that for each 2 steps he goes forward, it seems he takes 1.5 backwards the next month.

These last few games he looks just like he did last season.

Too weak, slow, incapable to handle the ball, get's bullied and kept out of the game easily.

Anyway, i am just saying that rushing Randle out of LA without thinking about what Ingram can be worth in the market is foolish.

If you can get a legit player + dumping Deng for Ingram... You have to think about it no matter what he may or not become in a few years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Yeah, The complete opposite...lol

but the same people
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

The shooting was on point tonight and his defense was great. He's trending in the right direction right now
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
BizLA wrote:
In all honesty we probably win this game if not for the bricklayer KCP. Missed about 5 or 6 wide open 3s

Btw why does everyone love Hart? Other than on ball defense what exactly is he good for? He doesn't shoot or finish well.

Defense. Lakers have made some great runs against good teams with Hart on the floor, and he allows players like Kuz to shine on offense without dominating the ball and laying bricks a la KCP.

Yeah I guess he's an upgrade from that idiot KCP

Based on KCP's game tonight - I agree, he's an idiot. Frustrating as hell watching KCP stop momentum over and over and over.
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Curious what the Walton Shaw Bell Green conversation was about. Walton was heated about something Bell did. Green stepped in with Shaw.

hmm...I am not a fan of Bell....originally loved him...then kid got a big head....and he just is not that good of a player....he is good at a couple things for a very good team....not close enough to act arrogant

When was it? Was it for Bell clearly hanging on the rim after a dunk and the idiot ref not having the balls to call a technical foul?

As time expired they stepped to each other. Walton pointing at Bell and both mouthing at each other. The ESPN crew mentioned it and moved off of it as it seemed to diffuse.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

These type of shooting games should open up some passing lanes for Zo.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Did they say Kuzma is the first Laker rookie to score 25+ in 3 straight games since Jerry West?

Wow.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm not going to knock Bell's game at all - motor, athleticism, and instincts go a long way. I feel like folks in here would trash a young Rodman for being a "no skill" rebounder.

Now Bell's already picked up Draymond's prick (bleep), and that's annoying as hell.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

As steamed as I am with KCP, JC and to some extent Ingram, and the f'ing refs who completely jobbed this game at the end, there's no denying Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma had fantastic games tonight. Wow.

We came back from more than 20 down to take the lead, and were a couple bad calls away from winning this thing. Led by two rookies. F yes.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The refs were not very kind to the Lakers after the Lakers got that brief lead before getting blitzed. A lot of key calls and non-calls went against them. I think the Lakers played too fast at times. They're gonna need to learn to manage possessions down the stretch with the game on the line on both ends of the court.

Refs str8 up were hot garbage tonight. Been awhile scince wifey had to tell me to keep my voice down...lol. KCPwas not good to ight but he had a clean block and solid position on that charge. 2 fouls/momentum killers. Damn refs were bad tonight...really bad.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

A big problem I see with this team (other than youth obviously)

We have a lot of low IQ basketball players.

There's Lonzo & Kuzma, then everybody else. Seriously they seem to be the only 2 with good basketball IQ on this team.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

This is why young teams with talent are still usually bad (Minnesota last year) because the team is finding its identity and the alpha hasn't been determined yet. Kuz looking like he might be that man.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Artesties wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Artesties wrote:

As time expired they stepped to each other. Walton pointing at Bell and both mouthing at each other. The ESPN crew mentioned it and moved off of it as it seemed to diffuse.

Ah... missed it. Maybe it was for that showboating pull-up dunk I mentioned. If I were anyone on the Lakers I'd be pissed at the guy for showing up the team like that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We always have these tight games where we can easily single out the dude who didn't show up who could have made a difference. It's either that, or Luke messing it up. Those are the two scenarios in most our losses.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If Ingram were 22 or 24 I'd judge him more harshly... as terrible as he played today... he still shot close to 50% with only one TO... he just struggled guarding a stronger more athletic player.

Sure but it's not like he played on KD all game. Kuzma, Randle and even Nance were on him too.

What's annoying in Ingram's case is that for each 2 steps he goes forward, it seems he takes 1.5 backwards the next month.

These last few games he looks just like he did last season.

Too weak, slow, incapable to handle the ball, get's bullied and kept out of the game easily.

Anyway, i am just saying that rushing Randle out of LA without thinking about what Ingram can be worth in the market is foolish.

If you can get a legit player + dumping Deng for Ingram... You have to think about it no matter what he may or not become in a few years.

If there was no salary cap... I'd sign Randle 100%... but unfortunately you need to calculate who will become the better player. Randle is like a shrunken version of Shaq... if he were 7 feet tall, he'd be a top ten player... but he's 6'8 or 9, so he has his limitations. His energy and strength has been incredible. If they were the same age... no question would I take Randle over Ingram... but as there is three years difference you need to calculate who has more basketball skill. Even though Ingram has been poor the last few games (maybe Kuzma hype is getting to him), he still seems to me to have more ceiling. But yeah, if we don't get Boogie or PG-13... I'd be happy to have Randle I guess... but then do we have room to sign Kuzma and Ball in three years?
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Kuzma and Lonzo Ball outscore KD and Klay 51 > 47

Kuzma and Ball will be better than KD and Curry
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51
Jump to: