LAKERS -at- WARRIORS – 12-22-17 - GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Curious what the Walton Shaw Bell Green conversation was about. Walton was heated about something Bell did. Green stepped in with Shaw.

hmm...I am not a fan of Bell....originally loved him...then kid got a big head....and he just is not that good of a player....he is good at a couple things for a very good team....not close enough to act arrogant

When was it? Was it for Bell clearly hanging on the rim after a dunk and the idiot ref not having the balls to call a technical foul?

As time expired they stepped to each other. Walton pointing at Bell and both mouthing at each other. The ESPN crew mentioned it and moved off of it as it seemed to diffuse.

What it looked like to me was Bell sprinting downcourt with time expiring, calling for the ball so he could run up the score on us. Luke got pissed, Green stepped in because he and Luke are actually pretty good friends, Bell reeled in in and made good with Luke after the clock expired.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
This is why young teams with talent are still usually bad (Minnesota last year) because the team is finding its identity and the alpha hasn't been determined yet. Kuz looking like he might be that man.

Kuzma is simply an offensive juggernaut. Just comes off to me as a natural basketball player that wants to be great.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'm not going to knock Bell's game at all - motor, athleticism, and instincts go a long way. I feel like folks in here would trash a young Rodman for being a "no skill" rebounder.

Now Bell's already picked up Draymond's prick (bleep), and that's annoying as hell.

we will see....my guess is he is a Ben Wallace lite....looks very good only doing a few things on a very good team....then when some crappy team decides to pay him $9-$10 Million when his contract is up....we find out that he is actually not a very good basketball player
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:
Kuzma and Lonzo Ball outscore KD and Klay 51 > 47

Kuzma and Ball will be better than KD and Curry

Bold statement but I do agree they have higher ceilings. Lonzo mainly because of his size at the point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

We are so close to being good again, but it's gonna take time and fortunate trades and signings.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

Bold statement but I do agree they have higher ceilings. Lonzo mainly because of his size at the point.

I bet my house they will not
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The refs were not very kind to the Lakers after the Lakers got that brief lead before getting blitzed. A lot of key calls and non-calls went against them. I think the Lakers played too fast at times. They're gonna need to learn to manage possessions down the stretch with the game on the line on both ends of the court.

Refs str8 up were hot garbage tonight. Been awhile scince wifey had to tell me to keep my voice down...lol. KCPwas not good to ight but he had a clean block and solid position on that charge. 2 fouls/momentum killers. Damn refs were bad tonight...really bad.

There were a ton of calls and missed calls against the Lakers. It wasn't even a case where the calls would eventually even out. The refs were just truly bad down the stretch , especially on Randle's layup attempts. All that contact and nothing and the Lakers get called on some crap foul. Despite the officiating, the team needed to learn to execute down the stretch better than they did. And that's on Luke to get them better prepared for those moments.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

It sounds crazy at first but then KD didn't shoot 50%/40% until his fourth year. Kuzma's doing it right now. Lonzo will never be as a good a shooter as Curry but he's a better passer... it's not out of the realm of possibility.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

It sounds crazy at first but then KD didn't shoot 50%/40% until his fourth year. Kuzma's doing it right now. Lonzo will never be as a good a shooter as Curry but he's a better passer... it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I feel like Lonzo could be better in a different way. A Kidd/Magic type of way.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

but KD's 4th year, he was the same age as Kuzma....and KD was always a more dynamic player......Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA history....LG wants to have a party when Ball hits double figures on close to 50% in a game......in my opinion....it is far beyond the realm of possibility.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

I feel like Lonzo could be better in a different way. A Kidd/Magic type of way.

Yeah he can be an elite playmaker, defender, rebounder, shot blocker for a PG... so maybe dominate in the other categories. But a long way to go yet to get to either of their levels.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

but KD's 4th year, he was the same age as Kuzma....and KD was always a more dynamic player......Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA history....LG wants to have a party when Ball hits double figures on close to 50% in a game......in my opinion....it is far beyond the realm of possibility.

I keep waiting for Kuzma to hit the wall, and he doesn't... he missed a few shots for awhile... then just keeps plugging ahead... and before you know it, he's back up to 50%... at some point you have to think it's no longer a fluke. Agree with you that KD and Steph will probably be better... but simply pointing out that it's not as crazy as you think. And we don't even have the two elite FAs to take away pressure and open up shooting lanes yet.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I keep waiting for Kuzma to hit the wall, and he doesn't... he missed a few shots for awhile... then just keeps plugging ahead... and before you know it, he's back up to 50%... at some point you have to think it's no longer a fluke. Agree with you that KD and Steph will probably be better... but simply pointing out that it's not as crazy as you think. And we don't even have the two elite FAs to take away pressure and open up shooting lanes yet.

to be clear....my opinion that they will not be as good as two future 1st ballot HOF'ers is not a knock on either.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

Kuz ain't going back to Flint. I saw the difference in what he makes and what the top rookies make and it's disgusting. It's a shame that Kuzma will be locked in at this price for 4 years because he'll outplay his 4 year salary by the end of the season.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

huh? KD is a beast man, was always

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

to be clear....my opinion that they will not be as good as two future 1st ballot HOF'ers is not a knock on either.

Yeah, I felt your analysis was fair... just saying what the other poster said wasn't as nuts as it looked at first glance. If Ball continues to shoot at a reasonable level, and Kuz continues to score like this... you are looking at another Laker dynasty emerging once the signings come in.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'm not going to knock Bell's game at all - motor, athleticism, and instincts go a long way. I feel like folks in here would trash a young Rodman for being a "no skill" rebounder.

Now Bell's already picked up Draymond's prick (bleep), and that's annoying as hell.

we will see....my guess is he is a Ben Wallace lite....looks very good only doing a few things on a very good team....then when some crappy team decides to pay him $9-$10 Million when his contract is up....we find out that he is actually not a very good basketball player

Ben Wallace got his big contract after his body wore out, but the dude was a legit DPOY for multiple seasons. A lite version of him will easily be worth $9-10M and would help many teams win games. Obviously Bell also lucked out going to Golden State, but the Warriors have made what many pundits have called savvy late round draft choices in recent years, and Bell's producing at a strong clip as a rook while Looney and McCaw are just ok 2-4 years in.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

folks are a little amped up going into Christmas weekend.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
It's a shame that Kuzma will be locked in at this price for 4 years

says you
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
dlofan wrote:
32 wrote:

huh? KD is a beast man, was always

Never said he isn't
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, I felt your analysis was fair... just saying what the other poster said wasn't as nuts as it looked at first glance. If Ball continues to shoot at a reasonable level, and Kuz continues to score like this... you are looking at another Laker dynasty emerging once the signings come in.

This. Shame on Laker fans for having some optimism.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

says you

Haha, yeah it's great for us fans, but sucks for him and his family. Well, he's in LA, better start doing commercials. 😂
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Where are all the DiAngelo Russell lovers now? Ha ha ha....still the best deal ever. Thank you Magic and Pelinka.

Kuzma rules!!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

says you

Haha, yeah it's great for us fans, but sucks for him and his family. Well, he's in LA, better start doing commercials. 😂

if he keeps playing like this....that check from the Lakers may become pocket change!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Where are all the DiAngelo Russell lovers now? Ha ha ha....still the best deal ever. Thank you Magic and Pelinka.

Kuzma rules!!

*sigh*

I'd rather have Moz, DLo, and Kuz than Kuz, Lopez, Hart, and Bryant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51
Jump to: