LG Fantasy Football Cash League 2017 **CHAMPION: DuncanIdaho($175) 2nd: LakerLanny($75) 3rd: gjackx($50)**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Anybody else watching the fantasy box score? This (bleep) is getting good. TJ Yates has 8 yards and an INT in the first half, and they're down by 20. If this keeps up expect big points from Pitt's defense. Of course being up that big means Le'Veon Bell, so...

Idaho up by 7 but Lanny's got some heavy hitters coming up.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Freeman saved me last week, and screwed me this week.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Clowney being an idiot and face masking Ben cost me 8 points
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Freeman saved me last week, and screwed me this week.

I almost wanted to tell you to start CJA a couple days ago. No insight. Just a random thought that popped in my head when I woke up. Can't believe he had a big game.

Ajayi's gonna need to pull a Freeman this week.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Craziest championship matchup finale ever.

Thanks for another great season with you all!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations to Duncan Idaho....very tough way for me to end the season as two of my WR's (Crabtree and Jeffrey) literally put up 0 points each in the final.

Not cool, but a great season overall!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Congratulations to Duncan Idaho....very tough way for me to end the season as two of my WR's (Crabtree and Jeffrey) literally put up 0 points each in the final.

Not cool, but a great season overall!

There was a lot of back and forth in the matchup. Props to your team — you were a killer the whole season.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Was hoping Ertz would get himself injured or something. Blasted QB and WR positions have been my bane this year. But great year and here's to the next!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Final winnings totals:

DuncanIdaho - $175 - Champion
LakerLanny - $75 - Second place
gjackx - $50 - Third place + Most points

For the third place game, I'm going to wait until Thursday to disperse the winnings in case there is a stat adjustment. That game was real close. For all the others I will get that done at midnight.

Surprise league winner. I don't think anyone had DuncanIdaho winning coming into the playoffs. Wish we had done that pool, I was planning on placing my bet on him.

Good (bleep) Lanny. According to yahoo you had one of the stronger drafts but it was that Kamara pickup that really pushed you over the top. Picked him up and never looked back. Almost won the whole thing. 0 points from two of your top players is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully we'll have you back next season. Hopefully we'll have everyone back.

Any suggestions for changes next season? Was everyone happy with the buy-in amount?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Final winnings totals:

For the third place game, I'm going to wait until Thursday to disperse the winnings in case there is a stat adjustment. That game was real close. For all the others I will get that done at midnight.

Surprise league winner. I don't think anyone had DuncanIdaho winning coming into the playoffs. Wish we had done that pool, I was planning on placing my bet on him.

Good (bleep) Lanny. According to yahoo you had one of the stronger drafts but it was that Kamara pickup that really pushed you over the top. Picked him up and never looked back. Almost won the whole thing. 0 points from two of your top players is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully we'll have you back next season. Hopefully we'll have everyone back.

Any suggestions for changes next season? Was everyone happy with the buy-in amount?

All I had to do was keep my pre-trip lineup and $50 would be mine. Blasted overrated Dak.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Duncan! Well deserved.

It was a rough year for me in fantasy, and it was all topped off by what happened to me tonight in my other league...

I had a 30 point lead going in to the final Eagles/Raiders game. I had Nick Foles and he had Jay Ajayi and..... wait for it...... Eagles D/ST. I’m sure you can figure out where it goes from here. But long story short, I was up by 7 before that fateful final play, and ended up losing by 1 point.

I’m sitting here looking at my team, and there’s so many damn ways I could have won (or at least tied).. Leveon Bell and Latavius Murray both finished with 69 yards and we don’t do decimal scoring. Zeke Elliot finished with 24 carries for 97 yards, so if dumbass Jason Garret just handed him the ball at the 3 I at worst would have tied (1 point per 5 carries). Justin Tucker kicked 2 39 yard FG’s, and I would’ve gotten a bonus if they were from 40.

And worst of all, I lost to my best friend, who has spent the last 2 hours blowing up my phone gloating.. Praying to the fantasy gods for a stat correction miracle, but man does this SUCK.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

OK so I also have a crazy story from tonight. I was in a final where I had Martavis Bryant in the first game and Ertz in the second game today. My opponent had Elliott, the Eagles kicker. It's a PPR league.

After the first game, I was projected to lose by 4 points. As the second game was unfolding, Ertz put me into the lead. So I was up by 1.6 points in the final minutes, and with a tie game, I was hoping that the Raiders would score a TD, thus taking Elliott out of it. I was dying with each dumb Raider turnover. So on that last Eagles drive, I knew they didn't need much to get into FG range. Ertz's first catch on that drive put me up by 3 points, but got Elliott into 5 point FG range for my opponent. Then his second catch put me up by 4.4 points, and made the FG only worth 4 points from that spot at the 31-yard-line. But it was 3rd down, and any sack or running play with a 2-yard loss would make it a 5-point try again. Elliott ended up making the 48-yarder, so I was still up by .4 of a point.

At this point, my nephew (who is in the league also) calls me to congratulate me. I immediately told him it wasn't over, because the Eagles could still get a defensive TD to end the game and kick the extra point. And I'll be damned if that's what didn't happen. I just could not believe that I was about to lose on a last-play defensive TD and subsequent PAT.

And then they took a knee. Unreal. I've seen teams kick it in those situations before on the final play of the game when it's meaningless, and I've seen teams just do what the Eagles did and take a knee, so I had no idea what would happen. I think I lost years off my life.

I wasn't thinking of this at the time, but the betting line on the game in most places was the Eagles as -10 favorites. Obviously, in some places it may have been 9.5 or 10.5, or if people teased it to 9, 10, 11, whatever. The final ended up being 19-10, so that decision to take the knee probably made millions of dollars change hands, one way or the other.

It should also be noted that scoring adjustments can happen in rare cases, so this isn't completely over, but I may have just won a fantasy league by .4 of a point.
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu, that story was insane! I was wondering how many Finals matchups changed in the blink of an eye, with that fluke Eagles defensive TD...never thought about the knee and lack of extra point, just WOW!

Ertz really saved my bacon last night, but I was pissed that Big Ben was still throwing the ball all over the yard against Houston. They were KILLING the Texans, they did not need to be aggressive like they were that late in the game. JuJu got all of his points in mostly garbage time....but, that's fantasy football for ya! Of course, I had big ben in another league...not for any money though.

Hoping for zero stat corrections....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Final winnings totals:

Thank you USCandLakers for organizing the league and administrating it.

It was a good group because it was active with everybody managing their teams and keeping on top of it which makes it fun.

I really enjoyed it (found myself looking forward to my yahoo weekly summaries!) and would love to play again next year.

Happy Holidays Guys and I hope we all have a big 2018!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Congrats fellas.
Absolutely putrid season for me.
I finished 2nd and 3rd in my 2 other leagues though.

Would like to keep the $100 waiver budget for next year. And like I said earlier if we keep 12 teams.. maybe just go with 2 WRs. Or keep 3 WR and do 10 teams.
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Congrats fellas.

Would like to keep the $100 waiver budget for next year. And like I said earlier if we keep 12 teams.. maybe just go with 2 WRs. Or keep 3 WR and do 10 teams.

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but I like the idea of only 2 WRs. BUT, instead of the third WR, maybe add a second Flex position? Just a thought that I had.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Yeah 3 WR is tough with 12 teams. A second flex or 2 WR would be better if we stick with 12.

I also like the WW budget, even though I really didn't use waivers this year until week 16.

Thanks again USCandLakers for being a great commish!
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Congrats fellas.

I say keep 12 teams with 2 WRs.
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

I really hate the offseason..........sigh....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

gjackx wrote:
I really hate the offseason..........sigh....

I am already programming my abacus for the fantasy draft!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

For this next draft, I demand that Platinum be investigated for somehow always stealing my players just before I want to draft em. As this involves financial transactions conducted in different states, I will bring in Mueller and the FBI on this.....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Slowly getting there. We are still planning to get this band back together this season, RIGHT??????
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Of course
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Of course

I'd expect the defending champion to say such things, but good to hear nonetheless
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I’m down again for this year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: