OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 213, 214, 215  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Posts: 3945

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac puts up 18/9 and Blocks 5 Shots for South Bay Lakers

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/937391274876846080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6sqwxJ4MU


Good game against the midgets of D-League. He has moves but I'm not sure his game will translate well in the nba, no range and slow... Hope I'm wrong...


Zubac did well last season. No reason to expect he has regressed except for not getting to the floor and establishing the rhythm.
He should still get 5-7 minutes. We are losing anyway, might at least see if he can have some value going forward.


Zubac benefitted playing with DLO.

Zubac cannot play with ZO. Zu is a half court player, and ZO, at least at this point, is a pure transition player.

Zu has struggled everytime on the court with ZO; but hes had much better production when playing with Ennis and Clarkson.
_________________
Llluuukkkeee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 2854

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Shaber wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac puts up 18/9 and Blocks 5 Shots for South Bay Lakers

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/937391274876846080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6sqwxJ4MU


Good game against the midgets of D-League. He has moves but I'm not sure his game will translate well in the nba, no range and slow... Hope I'm wrong...


Zubac did well last season. No reason to expect he has regressed except for not getting to the floor and establishing the rhythm.
He should still get 5-7 minutes. We are losing anyway, might at least see if he can have some value going forward.


Zubac benefitted playing with DLO.

Zubac cannot play with ZO. Zu is a half court player, and ZO, at least at this point, is a pure transition player.

Zu has struggled everytime on the court with ZO; but hes had much better production when playing with Ennis and Clarkson.


Lopez is not exactly a transition player either. Hes been struggling a lot too.
Watching that Zu highlight hes moving much faster than Lopez and if he can make that 15-20 footer consistently then give the guy some burn.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7748
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Zu will get his turn soon! Lopez will not be back after this season IMO.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 21493

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Zu will get his turn soon! Lopez will not be back after this season IMO.

Zu's contact includes a team option for next year, so there's at least a chance he won't be back after this season either.

I like Zu, but he's an old-style center that isn't well matched to the run and gun style the Lakers are trying to implement. They might keep him around as a cheap 3rd string center, but there's probably an equal chance that they don't.
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball, Hart: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31363

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Zu will get his turn soon! Lopez will not be back after this season IMO.

Zu's contact includes a team option for next year, so there's at least a chance he won't be back after this season either.

I like Zu, but he's an old-style center that isn't well matched to the run and gun style the Lakers are trying to implement. They might keep him around as a cheap 3rd string center, but there's probably an equal chance that they don't.


I like Zu but he has to improve and mesh with what we are running.
If Thomas Bryant continues to develop his game Zu could become trade fodder or a nice 3rd string center.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 12719

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

nash had so much hope for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15386

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Zubac is a solid young center with a good post game, can stretch the floor, and has defensive upside as well.

There's no reason for people to act like he has no future in the NBA, unless their faith in him was easily broken by Summer League where his mind was on other more important things.

Fact of the matter is if we didn't have Lopez, and Zubac was starting and Bryant was backup 5(with Nance backup 4) I'd feel a lot better about us going forward.


Again, people get so fickle about Summer league and keep screaming for Bryant to start or get minutes from Lopez, they forget Zubac actually succeeds against NBA competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiD8axYTFvU
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12120
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac was just assigned to the @SouthBayLakers
https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/942199057593786368
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15386

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

He's been playing with them on and off this season and usually been dominant. So there should be no difference this time around
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8947
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Who is this Zubic guy again?

I can't recall seeing him play...
_________________
BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15386

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

And Zubac Dominated

26 Points 9 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Steals


https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/942612973515784192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSQrB92wjg

Got some improved explosiveness :O I like it!
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Agramer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 106
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
And Zubac Dominated

26 Points 9 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Steals


https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/942612973515784192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSQrB92wjg

Got some improved explosiveness :O I like it!


and aggressiveness to the basket
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

Agramer wrote:
MJST wrote:
And Zubac Dominated

26 Points 9 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Steals


https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/942612973515784192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSQrB92wjg

Got some improved explosiveness :O I like it!


and aggressiveness to the basket


Too bad Luke doesn't know how to use big man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 3297

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Randle/Lopez to start and then Kuzma/Zubac off the bench.
I feel like a broken record.

At least try him out in some meaningful stretch of games and regular minutes.
_________________
.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 865

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Randle/Lopez to start and then Kuzma/Zubac off the bench.
I feel like a broken record.

At least try him out in some meaningful stretch of games and regular minutes.


Sounds like a terrible idea to play Zubac and Kuzma together. Both liabilities defensively right now...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2005
Posts: 930

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

kobeslaker wrote:
Agramer wrote:
MJST wrote:
And Zubac Dominated

26 Points 9 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Steals


https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/942612973515784192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSQrB92wjg

Got some improved explosiveness :O I like it!


and aggressiveness to the basket


Too bad Luke doesn't know how to use big man.


Looking at the D-League clips (Yes, I know it is really named after a drink now..) he looks a tad faster than previously this year. But that league is SLOW SLOW SLOW looking overall, so I still think he has not developed the quickness to make it in the big time. He has skills and would flourish in Europe, pretty sure. And it may be that he just needs a couple more years of physical development to come into his own? (Remember that old adage about big men developing late.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 May 2001
Posts: 1840
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

Lopez is hurt and Zubac looks like he is ready to play.

You can still see that he is a good scorer with lots of low post moves and a decent outside shot by maybe not all the way to the 3 point line.

He is still a very good passer and moves the ball quickly not a ball stopper like Lopez.

Still got the 8% body fat.

Not sure if his lateral quickness is there yet but he will block shots in the post.

Can't wait to see him play expect his recall.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15386

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject:

Would love to see Zubac get a chance now tbh.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 7330

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Ward: Luke Walton says they wont be bringing up Ivica Zubac to fill the void left by the injured Brook Lopez #Lakers via Twitter RyanWardLA
---------------
... so trade him. Jeez, Lopez goes down and they're still not going to play Zu? Maybe Thomas Bryant gets some burn but jeez, Zu is clearly, "OUT" of the future plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15386

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Ryan Ward: Luke Walton says they wont be bringing up Ivica Zubac to fill the void left by the injured Brook Lopez #Lakers via Twitter RyanWardLA
---------------
... so trade him. Jeez, Lopez goes down and they're still not going to play Zu? Maybe Thomas Bryant gets some burn but jeez, Zu is clearly, "OUT" of the future plans.


Because it would make sense.

He'd better start Randle and Kuzma then.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 22340
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

what has happened to Zubac? Last year, looked like a lock to be a rotational piece for the future....now Bryant is getting minutes over him. I have noticed he has had some good performances with the SB Lakers....but getting zero run with the NBA squad....
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 27504

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Luke is going all in with small ball

We'll see what happens. So far it's been predictably bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10430
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
what has happened to Zubac? Last year, looked like a lock to be a rotational piece for the future....now Bryant is getting minutes over him. I have noticed he has had some good performances with the SB Lakers....but getting zero run with the NBA squad....



I still think the kid can contribute but it seems the FO thinks otherwise...hope he can get back in play which is tough behind Lopez, Bogut & Bryant...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 1088

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Zu will get his turn soon! Lopez will not be back after this season IMO.

Zu's contact includes a team option for next year, so there's at least a chance he won't be back after this season either.

I like Zu, but he's an old-style center that isn't well matched to the run and gun style the Lakers are trying to implement. They might keep him around as a cheap 3rd string center, but there's probably an equal chance that they don't.


Bryant with his 3 point shoot range is better suited for that role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9590

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
adkindo wrote:
what has happened to Zubac? Last year, looked like a lock to be a rotational piece for the future....now Bryant is getting minutes over him. I have noticed he has had some good performances with the SB Lakers....but getting zero run with the NBA squad....



I still think the kid can contribute but it seems the FO thinks otherwise...hope he can get back in play which is tough behind Lopez, Bogut & Bryant...

I think the simple answer here is that Bryant's skill set is more in line with what the team needs from a backup big man. He's super energetic (where Zubac isn't really), he rebounds, and he can step out and knock down the 3.

I just think TB is more likely to impact the game in limited minutes than Zubac is; he's the type of guy that can come in, grab a couple boards, knock down a 3, block a shot, get a dunk, and just impart some energy overall. Sort of like what Brewer does some nights. It might be different over the course of 30 minutes, but neither of those guys are getting that many minutes unless the entire frontcourt goes down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 199 of 215
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB