OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
i havent seen Zubac play at all, havent watched our tanking games last season, so i dont have much knowledge about him. but for those who did follow him, what would you say is the difference between him and guys like Jokic, Nurkic, M. Gasol etc., in terms of physical attributes (quickness, speed, strength, size, length) that he cant get to the court at all? the skillset seems to be OK, tho he needs to work on his outside shot and passing ability i guess

In terms of physical attributes? He's fine there in comparison to Jokic/Marc.. I mean Jokic can barely jump more than 5 inches off the floor.

But Jokic is one of the best and most creative passing big men this league has seen in years and one of the most valuable players in the league, period. And Marc is an incredibly skilled player as well. Zubac has a really long way to go before he's even close to those guys

yes, thats what separates them for sure, and Jokic can also score from anywhere on the court. i just wanted to make sure its not his lack of physical attributes that will hinder him in the future. he needs to work on his game, but he also needs to play more often to get the feel of the NBA and to notice himself whats he lacking and what he needs to improve on.

also, final question. how good of a passer is he? not as good as Marc or Jokic im sure, but i hope hes doesent have tunnel vision. becoming a distributor from the high post can be another way for him to influence the game, if he has the gift for it

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
i havent seen Zubac play at all, havent watched our tanking games last season, so i dont have much knowledge about him. but for those who did follow him, what would you say is the difference between him and guys like Jokic, Nurkic, M. Gasol etc., in terms of physical attributes (quickness, speed, strength, size, length) that he cant get to the court at all? the skillset seems to be OK, tho he needs to work on his outside shot and passing ability i guess

Not as quick as Nurkic, nowhere near as skilled as Jokic/Gasol (but few big men are).

doesent sound that bad to me, i mean Gasol was DPOY and wasnt as quick himself, so he could develop into a pretty good rim protector. now his skillset on offense needs work, i agree. ive seen a video few months ago where he said hes been working on his 3pt shot all summer, if he can develop into a decent shooter he can be an useful NBA player.

Problem is Thomas Bryant is ALREADY a good 3 point shooter as of today.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Not as quick as Nurkic, nowhere near as skilled as Jokic/Gasol (but few big men are).

doesent sound that bad to me, i mean Gasol was DPOY and wasnt as quick himself, so he could develop into a pretty good rim protector. now his skillset on offense needs work, i agree. ive seen a video few months ago where he said hes been working on his 3pt shot all summer, if he can develop into a decent shooter he can be an useful NBA player.

i think they can both become valuable, but in different aspects of the game, if they develop into NBA ready players in terms of physique and skillset. i would like both of them to stick around, and see where they are in 3-4 years from now, but the management might not have patience for both

rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

i think they can both become valuable, but in different aspects of the game, if they develop into NBA ready players in terms of physique and skillset. i would like both of them to stick around, and see where they are in 3-4 years from now, but the management might not have patience for both

I think they'll choose one of them very soon, and trade or let go the other one.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
I think they'll choose one of them very soon, and trade or let go the other one.

I would think so also....feels like it is leaning in Bryants favor.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

most likely. sucks for Zu, like the kid

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Zu was just such a versatile scorer for us last season. He has such soft hands around the rim and a real good feel on his mid range shots. Kid is very long too and was able to get a lot of blocks for us.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Zu only has himself to blame. He didnt come in shape for SL or TC. His athleticism looked like it regressed. Dude needs to find Marc Gasol's trainer and start working on his agility and 3pt shooting.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Zu was just such a versatile scorer for us last season. He has such soft hands around the rim and a real good feel on his mid range shots. Kid is very long too and was able to get a lot of blocks for us.

Co-signed!

Just such a shame and unfortunate for Zu that after such a promising rookie campaign at such a young age, he's literally gotten ZERO PT this year. ZERO! Compounding the frustration is that all minutes at C are being taken by players that WE KNOW (and Maginka have made it no secret) are not going to be around next season and are in no way shape or form a part of future plans.

FREE ZUPAC!

Underdog! Put that on a t-shirt!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Co-signed!

Just such a shame and unfortunate for Zu that after such a promising rookie campaign at such a young age, he's literally gotten ZERO PT this year. ZERO! Compounding the frustration is that all minutes at C are being taken by players that WE KNOW (and Maginka have made it no secret) are not going to be around next season and are in no way shape or form a part of future plans.

FREE ZUPAC!

Underdog! Put that on a t-shirt!

Gary Lance misses his kid.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Serena Winters‏
@SerenaWinters
1:25 PM - 28 Dec 2017

Thomas Bryant and Ivica Zubac have been assigned to the South Bay Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Serena Winters‏
@SerenaWinters

They play tonight @ 7:30 PT on ESPNU
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Serena Winters‏
@SerenaWinters

They play tonight @ 7:30 PT on ESPNU

pio2u - thanks so much for keeping the Gleague thread up to date and keeping the board current on all things G-League. I thought tonight was going to be a boring night on my golf simulator, but now I have a game to look forward to.

Thanks again.
Agramer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Zu only has himself to blame. He didnt come in shape for SL or TC. His athleticism looked like it regressed. Dude needs to find Marc Gasol's trainer and start working on his agility and 3pt shooting.

really? after being in training regime under Lakers new trainer all the time before summer league , he was to blame? this summer was first summer he was under NBA type of fitness training and his body had to adjust. take a look at his latest g-league highlights, or better yet watch south bay lakers game tonight and see his agility, before talking negative about him
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

id like to tune in.

what time is it and will there be any streams?

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

18 pts, 8 rbs, 3 blks last night in G-League vs Clippers.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

Zu is getting dealt with either Clarkson or Randle at the TD.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

AncientMariner wrote:

Cousins???
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
AncientMariner wrote:

Cousins???

If NO deals Cousins they want picks and expiring contracts. Zu coukd fit but Randle and Clarkson do not.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Boy, I had to dig for this thread. Well another positive outcome of today’s trade is our boy Zubby is back in the rotation.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Boy, I had to dig for this thread. Well another positive outcome of today’s trade is our boy Zubby is back in the rotation.

He is and he still has noodle legs and moves like molasses.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

I dunno about rotation... maybe just another big body with Steven Adams getting big minutes tonight. Channing Frye will probably be the backup center now? Anyway, hope Zu kills it tonight, no matter how much he plays.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Rooting for Zu, promising to see the effort is there. Body is still a long way away but he's got the soft touch and natural size

If we don't get Brook back we need to keep Zu just for his size.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

He is and he still has noodle legs and moves like molasses.

Be careful, such imprudent comments can come back and haunt you.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

In my years of watching NBA, if I got a 20 year old 7 footer with length, that's shown a soft touch, who is locked up on a cheap deal and has shown the cajones to go straight at Steven Adams, I'd be throwing all my support behind the guy . Noodles legs or not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 200 of 290
Jump to: