View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
As bad as this was, it's still better than cheering for Boozer and Wes Johnson.

Can we just agree the Wesley Johnson Jordan Hill lineup was the worst Lakers starting 5 of all time?

Didn't we have Sacre and Kelly starting at some point? Nothing beats that imo.

That roster in general was the worst.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

IDK....wasn't we just waiting on Durant and Westbrook that season?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Can we just agree the Wesley Johnson Jordan Hill lineup was the worst Lakers starting 5 of all time?

Think we still won 27 games that season. Somehow.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
dlofan wrote:
I was watching the Memphis feed

They said Luke yelled to Randle "guard someone"

One of the them said that Ingram reminded him of Giannis

that was Brevin Knight

I do see Ingram as an in between of Durant & Giannis
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
BizLA wrote:

We're on pace for that same amount of wins.

LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I find it baffling with Kuzma struggling Randle still played less than 20 minutes, we're gonna lose another high draft pick for zilch, can't even get Deng off team & why we would want a terrible player Noel is hopefully a rumor.
HC: Riley
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I find it baffling with Kuzma struggling Randle still played less than 20 minutes, we're gonna lose another high draft pick for zilch, can't even get Deng off team & why we would want a terrible player Noel is hopefully a rumor.

At this point I feel like even if Randle plays, his head won't be in the game. He knows he is gone soon.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

At this point I feel like even if Randle plays, his head won't be in the game. He knows he is gone soon.

in my opinion...that is as much on the FO as it is Randle....big mouth could not wait to brag to the press about how he was going to land the biggest stars in the NBA....clearly signaling to several players they were not part of the plans. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut like a normal executive....and we are likely getting more consistent efforts on a nightly basis from a few players.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

dlofan wrote:

KCP gave up two uncontested layups to his man in the first half. Luke wouldn't dare say that crap to him. F you, Luke. I'm tired of him. I hate unfairness and Randle is being treated unfairly. Guy busts his ass this offseason, by every metric is playing well, and he can't find the court, and every single mistake is criticized, apparently. I would tune this whole experience out if I were Randle, too. Why should I bust my ass any further when the team doesn't treat me fairly? When they give preferential treatment to guys who just joined the team, when I've been here for 3 years? If I were Randle, I would not play all out any longer for this team. I'd make sure I stayed healthy, and then one of two things happen this summer. One, I get a nice offer elsewhere, and I either go where I'm wanted, or, if the Lakers match, at least I got paid.

I'm so remarkably disappointed in Luke.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
BizLA wrote:

We're on pace for that same amount of wins.

Yup.

Wesley Johnson started 62 games
Kendall Marshall started 45 games
Jordan Hill started 32 games
Ryan Kelly started 25 games
Sacre and Kaman 13 games a piece

Even Shawne Williams started 13 games that season.

So MDA won 27 games with that. Somehow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

20? He barely played 10!
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

in my opinion...that is as much on the FO as it is Randle....big mouth could not wait to brag to the press about how he was going to land the biggest stars in the NBA....clearly signaling to several players they were not part of the plans. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut like a normal executive....and we are likely getting more consistent efforts on a nightly basis from a few players.

He should've kept his mouth shut but we all know Magic wanted to come in and make his presence known as the franchise saving hero.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I don’t buy the Noel trade rumor. They said it was off the table after he got hurt but why would that matter if you’re moving Randle for cap relief?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Randle can't shoot. He gets blocked constantly under the rim. Makes so many bone headed plays. That's why he doesn't play much and won't be here next year.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Randle can't shoot. He gets blocked constantly under the rim. Makes so many bone headed plays. That's why he doesn't play much and won't be here next year.

You can say the same things for Ingram. I guess he won't be here next year. Oh wait but wasn't he Mr. Untouchable? Now I'm confused.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
dlofan wrote:

KCP gave up two uncontested layups to his man in the first half. Luke wouldn't dare say that crap to him. F you, Luke. I'm tired of him. I hate unfairness and Randle is being treated unfairly. Guy busts his ass this offseason, by every metric is playing well, and he can't find the court, and every single mistake is criticized, apparently. I would tune this whole experience out if I were Randle, too. Why should I bust my ass any further when the team doesn't treat me fairly? When they give preferential treatment to guys who just joined the team, when I've been here for 3 years? If I were Randle, I would not play all out any longer for this team. I'd make sure I stayed healthy, and then one of two things happen this summer. One, I get a nice offer elsewhere, and I either go where I'm wanted, or, if the Lakers match, at least I got paid.

I'm so remarkably disappointed in Luke.

I didn't see tonight's game but saw the box score and minute break down...seems to me luke may be using JR as his punching bag in connection with the possible fact he can't tell KCP off etc

If that is true....oh my😞
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

on a closing note...the game was bad enough but after watching the highlight replays on Spectrum I really feel sorry for those that had to listen to Stu and BillySmack
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
RichD wrote:

You can say the same things for Ingram. I guess he won't be here next year. Oh wait but wasn't he Mr. Untouchable? Now I'm confused.

The difference between Randle and Ingram is the potential, one has the potential to be good and the other one has the potential to be a superstar.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

He has a .599 TS %. We are a horrible team. They told him to get his body in shape this season to be ready to run, and he did it. They asked him to pick up his defensive versatility, and he has done that. He's finished much better at the basket.

Just to put that TS % in perspective, Kuzma came into tonight with a .603 mark, and that might drop below Randle's mark after tonight.

There is no way in hell that Julius Randle should barely be playing. Not on this team, anyway. It's simply not fair.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
RichD wrote:
This team blows and no Zubac or Thomas Bryant. They must be complete scrubs

No they are not ready for minutes here yet thus why they are in G-League for.

And Caruso is?

Well this one we don't have a choice because Ball is out and putting Clarkson in the starting lineup weakens the bench.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject:

mannn. that game sucked. we needed that one too.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
RichD wrote:

He has a .599 TS %. We are a horrible team. They told him to get his body in shape this season to be ready to run, and he did it. They asked him to pick up his defensive versatility, and he has done that. He's finished much better at the basket.

Just to put that TS % in perspective, Kuzma came into tonight with a .603 mark, and that might drop below Randle's mark after tonight.

There is no way in hell that Julius Randle should barely be playing. Not on this team, anyway. It's simply not fair.

The eye test.. Randle is not half of Kuzma.. The league is about shooting. Randle is a terrible shooter. Kuzma is great. He had a bad game. Kuzma defense will get better. Randle seems to be maxed out
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

He should've kept his mouth shut but we all know Magic wanted to come in and make his presence known as the franchise saving hero.

Who cares if Magic runs his mouth about wanting to sign people, it not a big deal. It's still Randle's job to be a baller, if this is too much for him and it impacts his game I would call him weak, this crap wouldn't of impact Bryant he would just focus on the game.

The good thing is I dont think JR has cracked this season infact he's more solid than ever.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

Easy to tell who doesn’t watch the games
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

IDK....wasn't we just waiting on Durant and Westbrook that season?

That was the year we were going to add Kevin Love or LMA to a finally healthy 36-year-old Kobe and make it back to the playoffs lol.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 47 of 48
Jump to: