OFFICIAL NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (2017-18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Kuz and Zo making a push. Simmons hitting rough patch. Mitchell showing out. This thing ain't over.

17/8/9 with a 18.71 PER....I do not think anyone will come close to catching that.....like remotely close. Mitchell and Kuzma could catch him in points, but not across the board....and I can not even envision the kind of push Lonzo would need to get in the conversation.....he would have to average near 25/10/10 the rest of the way.

Yeah I think Simmons has it pretty much locked up already, barring injury within the next month or so. Even during this “rough patch” he’s still putting up a near triple double.

As far as Lonzo, I’d be pretty happy if he finishes around 11/7/7 with slightly below average (but not flat out bad) efficiency. I think he’s well on his way to that. Should get him all rookie 1st team IMO, especially with how good his defense has been
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Kuz and Zo making a push. Simmons hitting rough patch. Mitchell showing out. This thing ain't over.

17/8/9 with a 18.71 PER....I do not think anyone will come close to catching that.....like remotely close. Mitchell and Kuzma could catch him in points, but not across the board....and I can not even envision the kind of push Lonzo would need to get in the conversation.....he would have to average near 25/10/10 the rest of the way.

Yeah I think Simmons has it pretty much locked up already, barring injury within the next month or so. Even during this “rough patch” he’s still putting up a near triple double.

As far as Lonzo, I’d be pretty happy if he finishes around 11/7/7 with slightly below average (but not flat out bad) efficiency. I think he’s well on his way to that. Should get him all rookie 1st team IMO, especially with how good his defense has been

I would be very pleased if Kuzma and Ball make 1st Team All Rookie. Kuzma is in excellent position and I think Lonzo has good odds @ getting there also.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

I'm telling ya. It ain't over.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:

sure...Simmons could always have a serious injury or something.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Josh Jackson is struggling out of the gate as he doesn't really have any consistent ways to generate offense for himself similar to Ingram last season, although BI compensated by not doing much of anything while Jackson has been overcompensating in Booker's absence with wild shots and more turnovers.

Luke put BI at the point last season to get him engaged, and I think if Triano let Jackson run PnR sets like he did at Kansas with some floor spacing around him - the Warren/Jackson pairing doesn't work - it would help mitigate Jackson's lack of gravity and hopefully get him locked in rather than running around like a headless chicken.

Anyway, here's a comparison of rookie Ingram (age 19) and rookie Jackson (age 20): Basketball Reference
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Rookies TS% by %age of unassisted FGMs:

Link

Btw, can we extend picture posting privileges to regulars? Like at least to four stars?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:

sure...Simmons could always have a serious injury or something.

Hopefully that doesn't happen.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Link

Btw, can we extend picture posting privileges to regulars? Like at least to four stars?

or maybe with some limitations? Like a limited # per week? I can see some posting pictures constantly....wasting thread space and server space. I think a limit of 5 or even 3 a week would be nice.....heck, even 4-5 a month is probably enough.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Link

or maybe with some limitations? Like a limited # per week? I can see some posting pictures constantly....wasting thread space and server space. I think a limit of 5 or even 3 a week would be nice.....heck, even 4-5 a month is probably enough.

I can't think of many occasions where a post really needed a photo. And on those rare occasions it seems like a link is fine. If you open LG to photos, I think you'd just be awash in stupid memes
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Link

I can't think of many occasions where a post really needed a photo. And on those rare occasions it seems like a link is fine. If you open LG to photos, I think you'd just be awash in stupid memes

There are no stupid memes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Link

yeah...it would have to be very limited...maybe like 5 Star Retired numbers only, with no suspensions for the past 12 months, and assurance to use the privilege rarely to maintain privilege.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Link

Memes are the spice of life. Only a curmudgeon would not enjoy them
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Link

yeah...it would have to be very limited...maybe like 5 Star Retired numbers only, with no suspensions for the past 12 months, and assurance to use the privilege rarely to maintain privilege.

I doubt the LG infrastructure even allows them to do something like that. Bottom line, if you needed to put that many restrictions in place, it wouldn't be worth the bother.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Link

Memes are the spice of life. Only a curmudgeon would not enjoy them

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-16-2015/mGWwIV.gif
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:

Link

That is a really beautiful curve, for the top end players.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Dennis Smith Jr. with the triple-double.

21 / 10 / 10.....8 of 12 from the field & 5 of 7 from three.

**I wonder if they take it away from him....they credited him with a 10th rebound that Dirk should have been credited with...but he did a quick almost touch pass to DSJ...and they gave DSJ the rebound.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

CBS Sports Midseason ROY Rankings

1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Kyle Kuzma
5. Lauri Markkanen
6. Lonzo Ball
7. Dennis Smith Jr.
8. OG Anunoby
9. John Collins
10.Jordan Bell

LINK
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Kyle Kuzma
5. Lauri Markkanen
6. Lonzo Ball
7. Dennis Smith Jr.
8. OG Anunoby
9. John Collins
10.Jordan Bell

LINK

Looks good so far.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Kyle Kuzma
5. Lauri Markkanen
6. Lonzo Ball
7. Dennis Smith Jr.
8. OG Anunoby
9. John Collins
10.Jordan Bell

LINK

Looks good so far.

I have not really paid much attention to any of the guys lately besides the Lakers duo and maybe the top 3. One guy I thought would be doing a little better is Luke Kennard....but I have rarely even heard his name this season. I think Jon Isaac may be on the list if he could ever be healthy long enough.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Kyle Kuzma
5. Lauri Markkanen
6. Lonzo Ball
7. Dennis Smith Jr.
8. OG Anunoby
9. John Collins
10.Jordan Bell

LINK

Looks good so far.

I have not really paid much attention to any of the guys lately besides the Lakers duo and maybe the top 3. One guy I thought would be doing a little better is Luke Kennard....but I have rarely even heard his name this season. I think Jon Isaac may be on the list if he could ever be healthy long enough.

Here's Lauri scoring 33 (new career high) in MSG tonight: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GELxeHFXw
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

^ How good is this class where Lonzo and Lauri are battling it out for the fifth spot on the rookie first team, and there are all kinds of productive rookies we don't hear about like Kennard shooting 43% from three, Allen blocking and dunking in Brooklyn, Ntilikina locking opponents up, Bam Adebayo coming on, etc. And we haven't seen Fultz, Isaac, Giles, or Patton fully healthy yet, while there's plenty of time for JJax, Fox, Monk, Collins, etc. to get it going.

This is the kind of draft the NBA needed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Kyle Kuzma
5. Lauri Markkanen
6. Lonzo Ball
7. Dennis Smith Jr.
8. OG Anunoby
9. John Collins
10.Jordan Bell

LINK

Looks good so far.

Here's Lauri scoring 33 (new career high) in MSG tonight: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GELxeHFXw

he was one that I was 100% wrong on....I thought he would be a rotational guy...hit a few shots here and there....oh well...it is clear he has the potential to be far more than that....his floor is even higher than "rotational guy...hit a few shots here and there".
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

I think it's amazing that if all you do is score to get recognition. 3 of the Top 5 on that list don't do anything else well, juxtaposed with a guy who's bad at that and very good at everything else.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

1. Ben Simmons - 17 PPG / 8 RPG / 8 APG - PER - 17.90 in 35.5 MPG
2. Donovan Mitchell - 18 PPG / 3 RPG / 3 APG - PER - 16.55 in 31.2 MPG
3. Jayson Tatum - 14 PPG / 6 RPG / 1 APG - PER - 16.68 in 31.4 MPG
4. Kyle Kuzma - 17 PPG / 6 RPG / 2 APG - PER - 14.92 in 31.1 MPG
5. Lauri Markkanen - 15 PPG / 8 RPG / 1 APG - PER - 15.72 in 30.2 MPG

can't figure out which three only score.....
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Fultz doesn't inspire much confidence the way his form is. Looks mentally weak as well.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11
Jump to: