No x-mas bonus this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

There is no right way for a company to handle this, unfortunately. If they sent out a thoughtful card with no bonus attached, a lot of employees would say they'd rather have received nothing at all and understandably so.

Some people would appreciate the well wishes with or without a bonus and some would frankly find it patronizing or even insulting if a company said thanks and didn't put their money where their mouth is.

As others have said, sounds like a great time to get your resume out there. You still have your job (unlike some of your comrades) so even if you don't find something bigger or better right now, no biggie. From personal experience, it is A LOT easier to get a job when you already have one. When I stayed at a dying job long enough to get laid off, I couldn't find an interview. When I have a job, I have people wanting to interview me at six am or on weekends
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

was xmas saved?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

The company I worked for had over 60,000 employees, nothing from them at Christmas. As Hammett mentioned, I think the idea was that we should be happy we had a job. I did get merit bonuses, though. My last one was for saving the largest real estate transaction Walmart ever conducted.

The company I worked for before that was small and closed the week between Christmas and New Year with pay. That was nice.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
There’s nothing wrong with feeling a little miffed, as long as you are able to move past it and not let it poison your attitude toward the company. Speaking as an employment lawyer, I can tell you that a lot of bad stories start with little stuff. If this is something you are going to carry with you, think about getting your resume out.

Excellent advice! I'd say, dittos, but . . . hmmmmmm . . . something about that just rings shallow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: