Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

He really needs to look to score on some of those PnRs.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

LFR has grown to the point where I'm able to quit my day job and do this full time. Dream come true. Thanks so much to Dancing Barry and LG as a whole for being the soil that this idea grew out of. More frequent content to come.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LFR has grown to the point where I'm able to quit my day job and do this full time. Dream come true. Thanks so much to Dancing Barry and LG as a whole for being the soil that this idea grew out of. More frequent content to come.

Congratulations on a well earned life opportunity. Wishing you unlimited success as you grow in your business.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Congrats GT!! This is only the beginning
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Hell yeah! Talk about a win-win, you get to quit your day job and we get more LFR content. Awesome!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Get a hair cut and get a real job.

Seriously, you make the numbers easy for an old man like me to understand. Congrats.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats bud, well earned. Not many people get to earn money doing something they actually like .
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Living the dream! Congratulations!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Best Laid Plans

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/12/29/lakers-podcast-best-laid-plans/
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats my friend. This is great news, and well deserved.

The funny part is that I thought you quit your day job a while back.

Seriously, though, it's inspiring to see someone carve out a new niche in the media landscape and create a business for themselves by doing something they love. And you're doing it better than the vast, vast majority of NBA media by not playing to the lowest common denominator, but by going the other way.

Congrats again!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats my friend. This is great news, and well deserved.

The funny part is that I thought you quit your day job a while back.

Seriously, though, it's inspiring to see someone carve out a new niche in the media landscape and create a business for themselves by doing something they love. And you're doing it better than the vast, vast majority of NBA media by not playing to the lowest common denominator, but by going the other way.

Congrats again!

Amen to this.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Some funky audio issues (listening via iTunes).

At 6:34 the theme kicks in again, sounding over Darius (not necessarily a bad thing), until 7:10.

Dead air from ~ 12:09 to 12:17. Pete " I have not found a single" - audio cuts - resume 12:17.

Edit: Pete's audio cuts at 50:04, Darius resumes at 50:17.

I'll add to this as I notice more. I'd say don't quit your day job, but it seems as I am too late...

Congrats

Last edited by Cutheon on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Some funky audio issues (listening via iTunes).

At 6:34 the theme kicks in again, sounding over Darius (not necessarily a bad thing), until 7:10.

Dead air from ~ 12:09 to 12:17. Pete " I have not found a single" - audio cuts - resume 12:17.

I'll add to this as I notice more. I'd say don't quit your day job, but it seems as I am too late...

Congrats

(bleep) hell
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

KCP is a below average player. TS% 51.4%. Terrible from mid-range.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Congrats GT!!!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Much respect on the use the RHCP "Salute to Kareem" as the lead-in music.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Much respect on the use the RHCP "Salute to Kareem" as the lead-in music.

Much respect for noticing.
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

I love hearing the passion and frustration you exert in relation to the Lakers. I feel (and felt) completely the same about DLo, Randle, Clarkson. I'm holding out hope we manage to keep one of them (Randle), but am growing more and more depressed by the day in the knowledge that it's incredibly unlikely that things pan out that way.

Watching Randle tear us to shreds when we see him on another team is going to break my Laker heart, even if we land Lebron + Paul George. I wanna go to war with this dude on our side, his treatment by Luke/the FO is the single most pressing thing that gives me huge pause in having any confidence in our FO and Luke.

I could get the logic of DLo even if it was incredibly painful to lose him. I can see the perspective on losing Clarkson eventually (it's a reality that I'll be sad to have to deal with but can get over). It's going to be incredibly hard to get over losing Randle no matter what happens this offseason especially since the way he's been treated and the decision has seemingly been already made to toss him aside isn't something I can understand on any level.

This dude has said all the right things. Worked his ass off. Is a rare player and with a reliable jumpshot could be a championship making player. From what I've seen thus far he's been fantastic with all our young core (Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Clarkson). It's just demoralizing...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

GT, in the Rockets game the other night, Trudell mentioned Randle's league leading efficiency on the PnR (1.37 PPP, baby!). You can admit it - he got that from you, right?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GT, in the Rockets game the other night, Trudell mentioned Randle's league leading efficiency on the PnR (1.37 PPP, baby!). You can admit it - he got that from you, right?

Haha, it's possible. There have been a few things on Spectrum that I know came from me. I was surprised that guys like Geeter (who's a great guy and an actual fan) or Bresnahan were familiar with LFR.

And Trudell is awesome. We sit together in the press room and talk (bleep). He's a savage, way different off camera.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Haha, it's possible. There have been a few things on Spectrum that I know came from me. I was surprised that guys like Geeter (who's a great guy and an actual fan) or Bresnahan were familiar with LFR.

And Trudell is awesome. We sit together in the press room and talk (bleep). He's a savage, way different off camera.

Good to hear the influence is spreading! If Trudell didn't get it from you, I'm gonna assume he or someone doing research for Spectrum trawls through LG for the best info.

Also, I hope you're keeping notes for the future book you're going to write. Those juicy tidbits about mad man Trudell are going to make for a great chapter.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Trudell is the best guest/host you've had on LFR. If you could get him in more, that'd be a great get. The three of you had a wonderful rapport and I think he'd really increase the visibility of your podcast.

#obviousremarks
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Trudell is the best guest/host you've had on LFR. If you could get him in more, that'd be a great get. The three of you had a wonderful rapport and I think he'd really increase the visibility of your podcast.

#obviousremarks

He's a professional host, so he was able to kick it back to us in a way that kept the conversation flowing, and we all really like each other. We'll probably have him on again toward the end of the year.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

#obviousremarks

He's a professional host, so he was able to kick it back to us in a way that kept the conversation flowing, and we all really like each other. We'll probably have him on again toward the end of the year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 47 of 93
Jump to: