Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 3044
Location: Portugal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?


So because one doesn't understand how the world works, it cannot be possible?


I have never been in Australia, does it exist?
_________________
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/NBAMadeira
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43370
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I gotta believe Kyrie is yanking chains about the earth being flat.

Hell I believe in ET's.

CIA assassinated Bob Marley because he tried to bring people together, he may believe that if he's into conspiracies. That's far out, to far for me.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22377

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/bill-nye-on-kyrie-irvings-flat-earth-beliefs-its-just-weird/

Quote:
Bill Nye on Kyrie Irving’s flat earth beliefs: “It’s just weird!”



Bill Nye was everyone’s favorite TV scientist back in the 1990s. He’s come to the fore more recently, and even has a Netflix show that has opened to mixed reviews.

Still, Nye is an entertaining personality and a proponent of the importance of science. Nye appeared on Complex News for a recent spot, and the conversation turned to the flat earth theory and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.

Nye was bewildered by how a player, concentrated on so many small facets of the game, could believe the earth was flat.

The conversation starts at 1:47 in the video above, and Nye’s knowledge of some finer points of how basketball works appears to show that he’s a fan of the game.

How can Kyrie Irving believe the earth is flat? We don’t know either, Bill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13261

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/bill-nye-on-kyrie-irvings-flat-earth-beliefs-its-just-weird/

Quote:
Bill Nye on Kyrie Irving’s flat earth beliefs: “It’s just weird!”



Bill Nye was everyone’s favorite TV scientist back in the 1990s. He’s come to the fore more recently, and even has a Netflix show that has opened to mixed reviews.

Still, Nye is an entertaining personality and a proponent of the importance of science. Nye appeared on Complex News for a recent spot, and the conversation turned to the flat earth theory and Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.

Nye was bewildered by how a player, concentrated on so many small facets of the game, could believe the earth was flat.

The conversation starts at 1:47 in the video above, and Nye’s knowledge of some finer points of how basketball works appears to show that he’s a fan of the game.

How can Kyrie Irving believe the earth is flat? We don’t know either, Bill.

OT but even though I agree with his overall opinions and philosophies, I really don't like Bill Nye. I don't think he's a good spokesman for "pro-science" people or whatever.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43370
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, I'm not saying Kyrie is right...who really knows? Most of everything in our history books is a farce...Scientists are paid off by elitists...I have never been in space, and I am humble enough to say I do not know? Just like I do not know if there is an afterlife? I do not think the laws of the universe can be interpreted by man, we just do the best we can. We cannot even access most of our brainpower supposedly...so who is to say?


Ball Don't Lie
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22377

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/geno-smith-joins-the-flat-earth-debate/

Quote:
Geno Smith joins the flat earth “debate”

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth was a sphere about 2,500 years ago, and Magellan proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt 500 years ago.

Geno Smith believes it’s still open to debate.


Smith said on Twitter that he is beginning to believe that NBA player and noted flat-earther Kyrie Irving has a point.

“I been studying this whole flat earth vs globe thing,” Smith wrote, “and I think I may be with Kyrie on this.”

Smith got more than 2,000 responses to that tweet, and he then engaged in a lengthy Twitter conversation with some who agreed with him and some who think he’s an idiot. In the end, however, he seemed persuaded by the evidence that the earth is, in fact, round.

“Hey guys I’m glad we had this talk today it was fun lol I know how you all love to debate on Twitter so this was good,” Smith wrote. “For the record Earth is a globe we know this. But why not listen to someone else’s beliefs or ‘truth.'”

Listening to others’ beliefs is never a bad idea. But if you’re listening to someone who believes the earth is flat, you’re not listening to “truth.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7754
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

The anti-science movement is scary as hell.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 9430

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

I initially thought this flat earth thing was some kind of inside joke. And then one of my facebook friends started posting about it and she genuinely believes in it. She also believes in chemtrails, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks the Rothschilds have $700 trillion in wealth, etc. I don't think she's ever read a book in her life and gets all her information from memes. The groups she belongs to on facebook have thousands of members.

This is scary.
_________________
ˇHala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43370
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I initially thought this flat earth thing was some kind of inside joke. And then one of my facebook friends started posting about it and she genuinely believes in it. She also believes in chemtrails, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks the Rothschilds have $700 trillion in wealth, etc. I don't think she's ever read a book in her life and gets all her information from memes. The groups she belongs to on facebook have thousands of members.

This is scary.

I understand your concern. Their influence reaches far beyond the internet. I believe you can read between the lines.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9415

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Its scary how many people take those bs facebook posts as gospel.
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Dude needs to change his name to World B. Flat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43370
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Shecky wrote:
Dude needs to change his name to World B. Flat.

Noooice newbe. Welcome to LG
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB