Is LaVar right? Has Luke lost the team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The best part is this jackass keeps talking about all 3 kids on the Lakers...

Come on, embarrassing Father. You're making it hard to even want one.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

The trade rumors is clearly what lost the team.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Luke may not be a great coach but hard to see how he did wrong when young players from year 1 to year 2 have all improved around him.

Clarkson has gotten consistent
Randle better
Ingram a little better

Now maybe this is the case without Luke as well, but that's rebuilding. I don't think many people really get how hard it is to get back up once you fall like the Lakers did in 2013. It's why I was so passionate about things going on in those years.

Teams like Boston got something out of their old core and we got one great 60 point retirement game.

-Clarkson's game has completely disappeared after a strong start(this isn't Luke's fault)
-The Randle situation has been talked about multiple times
-Ingram being better in his second year is to be expected.

I think people are being too harsh on him, but this is probably overselling him a bit.

Hardly overselling him... you're just hating. What about the pace of play, points in the paint, improved defense, etc?

Whatever you want to do is your prerogative but Luke has done okay.

Despite being number 1 in pace, the team is one of the worst in the league offensively and the defense is in free fall.

There are things Luke has done well and I was just commenting on Luke in
regards to those three players improving with me even saying that people are being too hard on him, but you can call me a hater if you want. If anything I hate the FO and thing they put Luke in a bad spot, but eh.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Woooooah wooooah woooooah he really said that??? Wooooooaaaaaawww!!!!

He is connected to the team through his son, he is not just some analyst or someone commenting on the game, it is assumed that whatever he says comes from Lonzo or that Lonzo concurs. Man he will put both Lonzo and Lakers in a very tough spot. You just cant have stuff like that coming from him.

Normally I really like him but he should know his boundaries because Lonzo will face the heat for the comments he makes. Come on LaVar. Seriously.

Everything that you just posted is correct. Unfortunately though, everything that said Lavar is 100% right. He shouldn't have said but, he's not wrong in his assessment.

Legler said, the same two days ago ...Laker filmroom pointed out the same.
But it drew nary a peep here but now that Lavar spoke it ...
Lonzo needs to defend Luke here, right or wrong ...
something like ..."My dad is just speaking from his own perspective ...I support coach Walton and i will always play hard for him ..."
Wouldnt THAT be the leadership we were promised?

Well Lonzo said he can't pick the coach, and will play for anybody Fortunately the media hasn't pinpointed those things and used it as clickbait.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Wow. Carlisle going off on ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform

Wow. Now other coaches are getting involved. Last thing we need is a circus environment while trying to attract max FAs.

Carlisle is the president of the NBA's coaches association and he was asked a direct question about Lavar's latest BS. If you call that "getting involved" just because he wasn't afraid to answer the question - not sure what to tell you there.

Also, I find it nothing short of ironic that someone has a Lonzo avatar and yet warns about a circus environment. Did anyone really think you could draft Zo and somehow not have to deal with daddy's drama machine? If LAL is losing, he'll be the first and loudest to cry and point fingers - assuredly never criticizing his son in the process. If LAL is winning - he'll equally be the first to take all the credit.

Cause he's one of us. the difference is, we don't have mics put in front of our face. But put that same mic in front of a lot of the people here that have criticized Luke or has seen how the team has been performing, you'll get a similar response
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Rek wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform

Wow. Now other coaches are getting involved. Last thing we need is a circus environment while trying to attract max FAs.

Carlisle is the president of the NBA's coaches association and he was asked a direct question about Lavar's latest BS. If you call that "getting involved" just because he wasn't afraid to answer the question - not sure what to tell you there.

Also, I find it nothing short of ironic that someone has a Lonzo avatar and yet warns about a circus environment. Did anyone really think you could draft Zo and somehow not have to deal with daddy's drama machine? If LAL is losing, he'll be the first and loudest to cry and point fingers - assuredly never criticizing his son in the process. If LAL is winning - he'll equally be the first to take all the credit.

Cause he's one of us. the difference is, we don't have mics put in front of our face. But put that same mic in front of a lot of the people here that have criticized Luke or has seen how the team has been performing, you'll get a similar response

Ummm no. Lavar isn't in the same sect of fans as me at all. That guy knows exactly what he's doing and it's far from being commendable. Regardless of what he thinks about Luke - there is absolutely nothing good to come out of these types of public critiques. It's not like the guy is established as some sort of respected hoops analyst. He's a blowhard that has been given access to the media because of his son.

Also, my comments had nothing to do with how I feel about Luke. Only Mr. Loudspeaker.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Let's make Lavar the new coach and sign Latrell Sprewell to have a one on one practice with him behind closed doors and whatever happens happens
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

2019-20 LALakers
Coach: Lavar Ball
PG: Lonzo Ball
SG: LáMelo Ball
SF: LiAngelo Ball
PF: FA signee
C: FA signee
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

This Luke has lost the team is just an excuse. This Lakers team is not good.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
MJST wrote:
Rek wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Ummm no. Lavar isn't in the same sect of fans as me at all. That guy knows exactly what he's doing and it's far from being commendable. Regardless of what he thinks about Luke - there is absolutely nothing good to come out of these types of public critiques. It's not like the guy is established as some sort of respected hoops analyst. He's a blowhard that has been given access to the media because of his son.

Also, my comments had nothing to do with how I feel about Luke. Only Mr. Loudspeaker.

Actually Lavars quotes were not in an interview they were off camera and Jeff Goodman from ESPN took them and ran with them, They should have never been reported on ESPN as if this was an interview Lavar said nothing differently than those of us whos been watching some of Lukes questionable coaching decisions, I chalk this up to ESPN being thirsty for a headline as usual. Rick Carlisle had no issue with the quotes he had issue with them being reported and I agree.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Basketball is entertainment. And damn, I am entertain!

ESPN knows what it's doing. If ESPN wants more controversy and more views and clicks just ask Lavar some bait questions every other day. They should ask Lavar who the Lakers should trade or waive and goad him into naming a few players. Now that would really blow up a situation that's already very tenuous!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Bill Oram‏Verified account
@billoram

Luke Walton was asked about subbing Lonzo out in the first quarter.

“His dad was talking (bleep) so I took him out early.”

Pause.

Pause.

“Just kidding.”
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Bill Oram‏Verified account
@billoram

Luke Walton was asked about subbing Lonzo out in the first quarter.

“His dad was talking (bleep) so I took him out early.”

Pause.

Pause.

“Just kidding.”

SAVAGE.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

Actually Lavars quotes were not in an interview they were off camera and Jeff Goodman from ESPN took them and ran with them, They should have never been reported on ESPN as if this was an interview Lavar said nothing differently than those of us whos been watching some of Lukes questionable coaching decisions, I chalk this up to ESPN being thirsty for a headline as usual. Rick Carlisle had no issue with the quotes he had issue with them being reported and I agree.

Not exactly. He said the comments on off camera, and then Goodman turned the camera back on and asked him about the comments, and he repeated them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they played hard as a FU to Lavar and his loud mouth.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

LaVar needs to worry about his two other sons being Kobe-esque otherwise neither one will sniff the league.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:

ESPN knows what it's doing. If ESPN wants more controversy and more views and clicks just ask Lavar some bait questions every other day. They should ask Lavar who the Lakers should trade or waive and goad him into naming a few players. Now that would really blow up a situation that's already very tenuous!

I can't believe how much damage he's doing to Lonzo. At some point they're all going to be pointing the finger on who is providing all of this locker room information.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
4stargeneralbulldog wrote:

I can't believe how much damage he's doing to Lonzo. At some point they're all going to be pointing the finger on who is providing all of this locker room information.

I have a bad feeling that if he doesn't pipe down, Magic may start to gauge the trade market on Lonzo. The bad part is that Lavar may have sabotaged that as well. Nobody is gonna want to deal with his antics.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

What caused the decline of this team is reality sat in. Half of the team are no longer invested because either -

a. Hearing their names on trade rumors
b. Bad performance by FA signings and feeling their not part of the future anymore
c. Rookie wall (e.g. NBA grind, fatigue, acclimation to Pro game)
d. Combination of all of the above.

But having a jack ass loud mouth parent making derogatory comments about the team is a no no. Management / FO needs to set Lavar straight.

Luke is doing fine. Of course he has his shortcomings being a young coach with a young team but in time, I think he can be a great coach in the future. Look at how Boston stuck with their young coach for how many years and look at where they are now?

I think some or most of the asst- coaches does not bring anything to the table. Luke needs to insert a veteran coach in his staff much like a Tex Winter to Phil. I'm not a fan of BShaw and Mark Madsen to be honest. Look at what Wade Phillips did for Sean McVey?

Last edited by PhiberOptik on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

The audio tape just came out and he didn’t say anything reported he said I think that is all. He says I’m not sure I’m not in the locker room
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

LaVar, like the Kardashians, appeal to the dumbasses of society. People intrigued by these talentless folks who thrive off of the attention and get clicks as a result. Good for them, I guess. Anytime I hear people talk about LaVar or the Kardashians, I think how ignorant they are if that deserves their attention.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
What caused the decline of this team is reality sat in. Half of the team are no longer invested because either -

b. Bad performance by FA signings and feeling their not part of the future anymore

But having a jack ass loud mouth parent making derogatory comments about the team is a no no. Management / FO needs to set Lavar straight.

Luke is doing fine. Of course he has his shortcomings being a young coach with a young team but in time, I think he can be a great coach in the future. Look at how Boston stuck with their young coach for how many years and look at where they are now?

I think some or most of the asst- coaches does not bring anything to the table. Luke needs to insert a veteran coach in his staff much like a Tex Winter to Phil. I'm not a fan of BShaw and Mark Madsen to be honest. Look at what Wade Phillips did for Sean McVey?

Yeah the injuries have been key and JC and JR stopped playing D because they know they have no future with the team. Surprised Luke was able to get them to play good D at the beginning of the season.
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
This Luke has lost the team is just an excuse. This Lakers team is not good.

Yep. The guys we were counting on (Clarkson, Randle, Kuz) seems mentally less competitive for a star player level. They don’t seem to be strong enough to withstand the pre trade deadline situation specially for rebuilding team. So more than Luke, it’s the guys who aren’t strong enough. Replace Luke & bring anyone else would you see a silver lining with this lot until they fix themselves
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Yeah the injuries have been key and JC and JR stopped playing D because they know they have no future with the team. Surprised Luke was able to get them to play good D at the beginning of the season.

I think it's because they felt that they can play great and change FO's opinion on trading them. JC played like the 6th man of the year but lost hope. JR was trying to prove himself and was on the best shape ever but was disappointed when he realized that he is really on his way out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Yes, it’s always Randle and Clarkson. When will Ingram and Kuzma start to play defense? Posters here are so predictable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: