Is LaVar right? Has Luke lost the team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
Basketball is entertainment. And damn, I am entertain!

ESPN knows what it's doing. If ESPN wants more controversy and more views and clicks just ask Lavar some bait questions every other day. They should ask Lavar who the Lakers should trade or waive and goad him into naming a few players. Now that would really blow up a situation that's already very tenuous!

I can't believe how much damage he's doing to Lonzo. At some point they're all going to be pointing the finger on who is providing all of this locker room information.

I have a bad feeling that if he doesn't pipe down, Magic may start to gauge the trade market on Lonzo. The bad part is that Lavar may have sabotaged that as well. Nobody is gonna want to deal with his antics.

No one is dumb enough to trade Lonzo. No matter how bad his dad is. We would find 29 teams calling us, hoping to fleece us.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
What caused the decline of this team is reality sat in. Half of the team are no longer invested because either -

a. Hearing their names on trade rumors
b. Bad performance by FA signings and feeling their not part of the future anymore
c. Rookie wall (e.g. NBA grind, fatigue, acclimation to Pro game)
d. Combination of all of the above.

But having a jack ass loud mouth parent making derogatory comments about the team is a no no. Management / FO needs to set Lavar straight.

Luke is doing fine. Of course he has his shortcomings being a young coach with a young team but in time, I think he can be a great coach in the future. Look at how Boston stuck with their young coach for how many years and look at where they are now?

I think some or most of the asst- coaches does not bring anything to the table. Luke needs to insert a veteran coach in his staff much like a Tex Winter to Phil. I'm not a fan of BShaw and Mark Madsen to be honest. Look at what Wade Phillips did for Sean McVey?

Yeah the injuries have been key and JC and JR stopped playing D because they know they have no future with the team. Surprised Luke was able to get them to play good D at the beginning of the season.

Yes, it’s always Randle and Clarkson. When will Ingram and Kuzma start to play defense? Posters here are so predictable.

Kuz is my fave Laker right now but I have been calling him out for weak defense for some time now. Ingram is a head scratcher for me. He's so talented but so dumb at the same time.

We need good talented players with high basketball IQ. Just look at the Warriors.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

This is not (entirely) Luke's fault. It was bound to happen with management making their 2018 free agency plans public/clear. Players are going to play selfish on one year deals trying to chase stats for a new contract.

Things will get better when there is more stability on the team along with clearer roles and set rotations.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
Here is the rest of Lavar's statement:

"Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted," Ball said. "He was ready to play. Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and Coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don't know what they're doing. If he's ready to play, let him play. Don't try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions."

Yes maybe what Lavar is saying is true about Luke losing at least part of the lockerroom. He's also using it as an excuse to squawk about Lonzo's minutes which I believe is his real ulterior motive here.
yes. this is true.

Lavar cares about his sons winning. which means he cares about the lakers winning. he doesnt want his son getting 40 mins per and losing. so if zo played a ton of mins and still took that L and some reporter asks lavar how he felt about that game. it would still not be a positive response. because it ultimately was a lonzo loss.

He wants luke to play his son a lot. he wants luke to use his son properly(or whatever lavar thinks that may be). Because lavar thinks his son getting a lot of playing time and being utilized correctly will result in more wins. If true. thats a win for lavar and the lakers. because they ultimately want to win. they being lavar, zo and the lakers. thats the one good thing about the zo and lavar. win above all is the goal. if his dad was about those stats. it would be far worse for a mic to be in his face.

Now this goes back to something i said months ago. Are the lakers using him right? at the time they were not. at the time they were only partially using him correctly. now they are doing a better job of utilizing All of his abilities. But does that make the team win more? I dont know. we'll have to wait and see. sometimes we dont need to have you do everything you can do. we just need 1 or 2 things from you and the rest we will get from your teammates. and we can win that way. so the verdict isnt in yet on if its all about zo and if that will translate into more wins or if he just needs to play his little role and that will be enough.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
This is not Luke's fault. It was bound to happen with management making their 2018 free agency plans clear. Players are going to play selfish on one year deals trying to chase stats for a new contract.

Things will get better when there is more stability on the team along with clearer roles and set rotations.
This is also true. but even if it aint luke's fault. it will still be the same result. coach luke could be a great coach but if the players are only chasing stats not wins and the younger guys that are on the trade block are playing at half ability. then whats the point of having a coach coach if you aint going to listen to him for whatever reason???
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:
This is not Luke's fault. It was bound to happen with management making their 2018 free agency plans clear. Players are going to play selfish on one year deals trying to chase stats for a new contract.

This is also true. but even if it aint luke's fault. it will still be the same result. coach luke could be a great coach but if the players are only chasing stats not wins and the younger guys that are on the trade block are playing at half ability. then whats the point of having a coach coach if you aint going to listen to him for whatever reason???
Yeah, I should change my original statement from "not Luke's fault" to "not entirely Luke's fault."
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Basically the whole team has been managed wrong and with adding a talent like Lonzo who's dad is always in the media then of course Lavar was going to add fuel to the fire. Not much we can do about it now. If we don't attract any FA's next year then we're going to be royally screwed.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Team definitely looked out of it last night.
No hustle.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
What caused the decline of this team is reality sat in. Half of the team are no longer invested because either -

b. Bad performance by FA signings and feeling their not part of the future anymore

But having a jack ass loud mouth parent making derogatory comments about the team is a no no. Management / FO needs to set Lavar straight.

Luke is doing fine. Of course he has his shortcomings being a young coach with a young team but in time, I think he can be a great coach in the future. Look at how Boston stuck with their young coach for how many years and look at where they are now?

I think some or most of the asst- coaches does not bring anything to the table. Luke needs to insert a veteran coach in his staff much like a Tex Winter to Phil. I'm not a fan of BShaw and Mark Madsen to be honest. Look at what Wade Phillips did for Sean McVey?

Yeah the injuries have been key and JC and JR stopped playing D because they know they have no future with the team. Surprised Luke was able to get them to play good D at the beginning of the season.

Yes, it’s always Randle and Clarkson. When will Ingram and Kuzma start to play defense? Posters here are so predictable.

It is always Randle and Clarkson because they should be better by now. BI is a skinny 20 year old who always puts forth effort. Kuz is a rook. What are JR and JC's excuses?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

It is always Randle and Clarkson because they should be better by now. BI is a skinny 20 year old who always puts forth effort. Kuz is a rook. What are JR and JC's excuses?

I wouldn’t have excuses, excuses are for losers. But deflect away.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

? Who is deflecting- I gave you the reason why BI and Kuz are not criticized on the defensive end.

Meanwhile JR and JC still can't be bothered to play D after spending years in the league. That is the frustrating part to me about their game.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

The REAL BBB (as in Better Business Bureau) gives the Big Baller Brand an F; well deserved....
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
2019-20 LALakers
Coach: Lavar Ball
PG: Lonzo Ball
SG: LáMelo Ball
SF: LiAngelo Ball
PF: FA signee
C: FA signee

The next Lakers dynasty, if Magic/Pelinka had a clue
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Lavar Ball expands on his Walton comments and mentality

10:00 - 14:00

Whenever he expands upon things outside of sound bytes on clickbait articles, he seems to show that he's a lot more insightful with a lot more good in his heart and mentality than the media tries to portray him.

Here is yet another case of it.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Whenever he expands upon things outside of sound bytes on clickbait articles, he seems to show that he's a lot more insightful with a lot more good in his heart and mentality than the media tries to portray him.

He’s not an idiot and it’s entertaining to make him seem like one. With that said, he needs to stop saying stuff that he KNOWS will become controversial news just to attract attention to his brand.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Buying into LaVar? Really?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
MJST wrote:

Buying into LaVar? Really?

Lavar is pretty much what is said on LG anyways.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LaVar's negative reputation isn't because he's a reasonable man who's just misunderstood, and that the reason he's misunderstood is because the media only airs sound bites of what he says. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. LaVar has a negative reputation because he says the most ridiculous things he can think of for attention, and doesn't care one lick how it negatively impacts others.

The media deserves criticism for giving him a constant platform, but give me a freaking break that they're to blame for his negative rep.

But then again, I guess it's not the biggest surprise in the world that MJST would jump to LaVar's defense over what he said about Luke, even though he's the only person in the universe who's doing so. Let him say that the guys on the team don't wanna play with Randle and I bet that arm of support would suddenly snap in half
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

LaVar doing more damage from halfway across the globe than when at home. Promote your other two kids all you want, Lonzo is a grown man; let him be.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

This is why I loved Kobe so much, all this nonsense, it was just "noise" to him. Noise doesn't make you miss defensive rotations, noise doesn't make you commit silly fouls and miss FT's. Kobe was so mentally focused and knew that the only thing that matters is what happens on the hardwood. Just ignore the nonsense and keep improving.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
? Who is deflecting- I gave you the reason why BI and Kuz are not criticized on the defensive end.

Meanwhile JR and JC still can't be bothered to play D after spending years in the league. That is the frustrating part to me about their game.

Yes, you are the one making excuses. And if you haven’t seen Randle playing defense this season then maybe you should watch more games. He has drawn favorable comments from the coaching staff and media.
bigkobe81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LaVar, like the Kardashians, appeal to the dumbasses of society. People intrigued by these talentless folks who thrive off of the attention and get clicks as a result. Good for them, I guess. Anytime I hear people talk about LaVar or the Kardashians, I think how ignorant they are if that deserves their attention.

Go watch the interview and stop generalizing boyo. Same could be said about people who still watch ESPN. His comments were spun by ESPN to portray it in a different light. Whether you like him or not there is truth to what he said. Players have definitely havent been focused lately and people have been noticing. It is discussed on LG, just because Lavar mentions it and ESPN twists it doesn't mean the guys an idiot
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

No one is dumb enough to trade Lonzo. No matter how bad his dad is. We would find 29 teams calling us, hoping to fleece us.

Exactly, the only guy who thinks that is a good idea is the loon, Bill Plaschke.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes, you are the one making excuses. And if you haven’t seen Randle playing defense this season then maybe you should watch more games. He has drawn favorable comments from the coaching staff and media.

Our staff is a joke and the media covering the Lakers have never been known for brilliant insights, it is mostly a motley crew of losers, yes men and wannabes.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Exactly, the only guy who thinks that is a good idea is the loon, Bill Plaschke.

He is quite the loon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12
Jump to: