Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 418, 419, 420 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Wow, Khabib. 3 rounds of the most savage beating I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of the early days of the UFC. Made me sick at points.

Cruz made the best analogy. Guy is like quicksand. It's a slow, tortuous death and after the first take down and mauling, Barbosa knew he was dead and could do nothing about it.

No way Conor comes back to this division lol

He’s fighting Max Holloway if he comes back at all
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Wow, Khabib. 3 rounds of the most savage beating I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of the early days of the UFC. Made me sick at points.

Cruz made the best analogy. Guy is like quicksand. It's a slow, tortuous death and after the first take down and mauling, Barbosa knew he was dead and could do nothing about it.

I could see a LOT of guys cutting weight or moving up lol. Holy hell, it seriously looked like a movie beat down. Hats of to Barbosa. He made 15 minutes without dying.

Conor's like "Nah, I'm good. Hey Pacquiao you wanna fight?"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I could see a LOT of guys cutting weight or moving up lol. Holy hell, it seriously looked like a movie beat down. Hats of to Barbosa. He made 15 minutes without dying.

Conor's like "Nah, I'm good. Hey Pacquiao you wanna fight?"

Exactly JB!

I was proud of barbosa for simply surviving. You’re right that was rough to watch
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Cyborg too strong and the sky is blue

Didn’t know her fight iq was that high though
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Idk why but I'm rooting for foreigners to take the belts in 2018.

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

I want Woodley to keep his belt, but if anyone takes it I want it to be Till lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

I want Woodley to keep his belt, but if anyone takes it I want it to be Till lol

I can't have Conor lose man. The guy is so damn electric. He makes the entire sport more entertaining.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

I can't have Conor lose man. The guy is so damn electric. He makes the entire sport more entertaining.
I used to like him but he won't defend the belt JB!

How incredible would it be though if he was the guy to end Khabib's undefeated hype train?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

How incredible would it be though if he was the guy to end Khabib's undefeated hype train?

If he faces Khabib in Russia, the buikld up would be absolutely bonkers. I don't like Conor's chances but that guy has willed stuff into existence.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

If he faces Khabib in Russia, the buikld up would be absolutely bonkers. I don't like Conor's chances but that guy has willed stuff into existence.
they'd get my ppv dollars. And I agree he'd get rag dolled, but it'd be fun to see if he could pull it off.

He could vacate the belt and still make that happen though. In fact it'd be easier. He could vacate and let Tony vs Khabib happen, then just fight the winner. Might even be less pressure since he's the challenger. If he keeps the belt he has to fight Tony then Khabib (if he beats Tony).

Or he could come back and fight Holloway while Tony vs Khabib happens. Messed up that Tony will probably have to defend an interim belt hahaha. Has that ever happened before?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Update: Nevermind, Holloway is booked vs Edgar at UFC222
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

they'd get my ppv dollars. And I agree he'd get rag dolled, but it'd be fun to see if he could pull it off.

He could vacate the belt and still make that happen though. In fact it'd be easier. He could vacate and let Tony vs Khabib happen, then just fight the winner. Might even be less pressure since he's the challenger. If he keeps the belt he has to fight Tony then Khabib (if he beats Tony).

Or he could come back and fight Holloway while Tony vs Khabib happens. Messed up that Tony will probably have to defend an interim belt hahaha. Has that ever happened before?

Honestly I don't give a flying f about who has the belt. I pretty much look forward to the fighters I like/enjoy etc. I'd look more forward to a Tony/Khabib non-title fight than a piece of trash fight like Woodley/Wonderboy 2.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

Honestly I don't give a flying f about who has the belt. I pretty much look forward to the fighters I like/enjoy etc. I'd look more forward to a Tony/Khabib non-title fight than a piece of trash fight like Woodley/Wonderboy 2.

True, the entertainment factor can be just as high and in some cases better in non-title fights. But for every fighter besides conor they make a significant amount more as the champion which is why it's unfair he holds on to the belt if he isn't going to fight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Khabib
Ozedemir
Ngannou

True, the entertainment factor can be just as high and in some cases better in non-title fights. But for every fighter besides conor they make a significant amount more as the champion which is why it's unfair he holds on to the belt if he isn't going to fight

Good point.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Conor vs Nate I and II were both non-title, catch weight fights and I, like most, couldn’t have cared less. Give me the great matchup every time and I don’t care if there’s a Bruce Buffer “...and STILL” or “...and NEW” at the end or not. GSP is champ again. Does anyone believe he’s the best middleweight?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Conor vs Nate I and II were both non-title, catch weight fights and I, like most, couldn’t have cared less. Give me the great matchup every time and I don’t care if there’s a Bruce Buffer “...and STILL” or “...and NEW” at the end or not. GSP is champ again. Does anyone believe he’s the best middleweight?

He gave up the strap again Gimme

But I agree with yall non-title fights can be even more exciting.

I think these factors are most important for me:

Rivalry/Bad blood/Story
Skill Level/Style
Stakes/Championships
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Its should be

Conor vs Khabib

Conor is a little undersized and isnt as good on the ground as Khabib which could spell disaster but Conor is one of the smartest fighters out there as long as he can keep this fight on his feet he would have a good chance.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

Absolutely right 22. I should have said “became champ” instead.

The point is that the titles have become (save for the extra cheese the lesser paid fighters can earn as you mentioned) arbitrary if not irrelevant. Bisping was a gamer but, in the larger view, was really nothing more than an agent of humility for Luke Rockhold.

I think McG should just relinquish the belts because he doesn’t need them at all. It’s the paths he blazed, dwells on and owns.

Only title fights that I’m geeking for are Stipe/Ngannou and Ferguson/Khabib. But no more amped for either simply because a title or interim title is at stake.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

The point is that the titles have become (save for the extra cheese the lesser paid fighters can earn as you mentioned) arbitrary if not irrelevant. Bisping was a gamer but, in the larger view, was really nothing more than an agent of humility for Luke Rockhold.

I think McG should just relinquish the belts because he doesn’t need them at all. It’s the paths he blazed, dwells on and owns.

Only title fights that I’m geeking for are Stipe/Ngannou and Ferguson/Khabib. But no more amped for either simply because a title or interim title is at stake.

Yessir! Couldn't agree more!

I also wanna see DC and Vulkan to see if Vulkan weird punching power can sleep DC. He'll probably get wrestled to death though
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Its should be

Conor vs Khabib

Conor is a little undersized and isnt as good on the ground as Khabib which could spell disaster but Conor is one of the smartest fighters out there as long as he can keep this fight on his feet he would have a good chance.

They're worlds apart here. IMO there's a much bigger gap in the ground games of each than in striking.

Conor is capable of a lot so he could make me eat my words. But I think Khabib mauls him. Maybe in a rematch Conor could adjust
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yessir! Couldn't agree more!

I also wanna see DC and Vulkan to see if Vulkan weird punching power can sleep DC. He'll probably get wrestled to death though

DC ate a Rumble shot flush like it was nothing.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

DC ate a Rumble shot flush like it was nothing.

The definition of a granite chin, indeed. Maybe at 38, the reflexes have slowed just enough that he doesn't see a shot coming and that gives Volkan an opening he can capitalize on. I think that's the challenger's best chance.

So, I'm way late on this but that Cyborg/Holm fight was interesting for the reasons you all mentioned. Cyborg showed the conditioning, patience and skills that were unknown if not areas of concern. In a way, she's a pretty sad tale. There's really nobody for her to fight and because of her physical appearance, dominance, past PED usage, language barrier, etc., she's just someone that you have a hard time rooting for. I'm guilty of that, I know. But that fight was entertaining for me because she got the opportunity to show a fuller array of her skills.

That being said, how about Jackson Wink? They prep and game plan so well. There's no way Holm has the kind of power, variety of striking or ground game to go up a weight and hang in there for 5 against a monster like Cyborg. But they got it done. And can't say enough about Holly either. Strong enough to hold Cris at bay in the clinch continually (granted, a survival technique more than anything else) was pretty damn impressive. And she ate some bombs. Jackson Wink got the most out of Holm and so has Holly herself. IMO, it's time for her to join the broadcast booth.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Talking about granite chins:

Choi Doo-ho "The Korean superboy" is fighting this weekend and the guy stands straight up and down and doesnt move his head because of that he eats face shots like crazy but damn can this guy stomach it.

He's more a technical striker and his fight are great to watch but I hope he stands a little less like a statue this time around
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Talking about granite chins:

Choi Doo-ho "The Korean superboy" is fighting this weekend and the guy stands straight up and down and doesnt move his head because of that he eats face shots like crazy but damn can this guy stomach it.

He's more a technical striker and his fight are great to watch but I hope he stands a little less like a statue this time around

KSB definitely has confidence in his power but, as you mention, to a fault. That's what did him in against Cub. Entertaining fighter for sure but yeah, he can't be Diaz brothering it if he wants to make the next step.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

yeah ill be watching this weekedn and next! Never seen Doo ho, excited to see him vs who is that guy?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yeah ill be watching this weekedn and next! Never seen Doo ho, excited to see him vs who is that guy?

https://youtu.be/tO7e026LdYI
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 418, 419, 420 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 419 of 499
Jump to: