OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 231, 232, 233 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Tania Ganguli: Kyle Kuzma with a strong defense of Luke Walton: “Luke is my guy. I love playing for him. … We just gotta stay looked in as a family and listen to the people that matter in our basketball lives. … We stand by Luke. I know the front office does.” 10 mins ago – via Twitter taniaganguli

More definitive than the Lebron Ball statement. 😂
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Tania Ganguli: Kyle Kuzma with a strong defense of Luke Walton: “Luke is my guy. I love playing for him. … We just gotta stay looked in as a family and listen to the people that matter in our basketball lives. … We stand by Luke. I know the front office does.” 10 mins ago – via Twitter taniaganguli

Now this is what you're suppose to say when asked about your coach.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma needs to be a laker for life. This guy just gets it. That’s how you speak up and defend your coach. He’s a killer and even Kobe recognizes this. All that talk about all our young guys gonna meet with Kobe. This is the only dude that actually did it. Do not trade kuz at any cost.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Kuzma needs to be a laker for life. This guy just gets it. That’s how you speak up and defend your coach. He’s a killer and even Kobe recognizes this. All that talk about all our young guys gonna meet with Kobe. This is the only dude that actually did it. Do not trade kuz at any cost.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

And he did it without ever having played a season as a Laker or even with Kobe.

Ingram, Julius, JC, and DLO (rip) all talked about it when the camera was in front of them... while Kuzma went out and made it happen behind the scenes.

BI, more than anyone, disappointed me in that regard.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Let's go kid
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Ingram, Julius, JC, and DLO (rip) all talked about it when the camera was in front of them... while Kuzma went out and made it happen behind the scenes.

Brandon Ingram never played with Kobe either, but he's been in touch through text/phone calls: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-brandon-ingram-maturation-credits-kobe-bryant/2017/12/02/

Outside of the guys who practiced against Kobe when he was still on the team, none of the young guys (including Kuzma) have worked out with him to my knowledge.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Ingram, Kuzma and Randle do speak with Kobe.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

He called out the team Been following basketball forever Can't remember a rookie ever doing that before.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

I was listening the the Ringer NBA Show podcast. Juliet Litman (who loves NBA gossip) said that when OKC was in town, Kuzma was seen at Craig's (restaurant) with Carmelo Anthony.

This guy wants to be one of the best. Talk about taking every opportunity given to you. First dinner with Kobe and now with Melo!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I was listening the the Ringer NBA Show podcast. Juliet Litman (who loves NBA gossip) said that when OKC was in town, Kuzma was seen at Craig's (restaurant) with Carmelo Anthony.

This guy wants to be one of the best. Talk about taking every opportunity given to you. First dinner with Kobe and now with Melo!

Smart kid.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Maybe he just really likes food
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Maybe he just really likes food

New Money 😆
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Smart kid.

I agree. I don't mind if Kuzma wants to become an ISO scoring machine like Kobe or Melo. Every great team needs one.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Smart kid.

I agree. I don't mind if Kuzma wants to become an ISO scoring machine like Kobe or Melo. Every great team needs one.

Heh, I dont agree with you there.
I'd want him to learn what made those guys tick.
And I would love for him to develop his one on one skills.
But I dont think I'd want him to be a one on one player.

I love how he gets about half his buckets right now actually:
off-ball movement for assisted 3 pointers (~90% of his 76 3s are assisted)

He also gets a lot of layups. There transition layups for sure, not sure how much of that is from ISO though.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Smart kid.

Heh, I dont agree with you there.
I'd want him to learn what made those guys tick.
And I would love for him to develop his one on one skills.
But I dont think I'd want him to be a one on one player.

I love how he gets about half his buckets right now actually:
off-ball movement for assisted 3 pointers (~90% of his 76 3s are assisted)

He also gets a lot of layups. There transition layups for sure, not sure how much of that is from ISO though.

It was easy for me to make that ISO statement because we all seen how well Kuzma can pass and play within a motion style offense. He does go off script sometimes but Luke doesn't mind as long as it's a good shot.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Kyle's gotten 7 blocks in the last 5 games. I don't know if he's changed anything or if it's just noise, but that's a trend I'd like to see continue.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Kyle's gotten 7 blocks in the last 5 games. I don't know if he's changed anything or if it's just noise, but that's a trend I'd like to see continue.

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan 3h3 hours ago

Luke Walton has liked Kyle Kuzma’s defense the last couple of games.

“We’ve really challenged him to expand his game defensively,” Walton said, adding that Kuzma has studied more game video lately. “He’s got a lot on his plate right now as far as what we want him to do.”

From GT's last vid, it seems like he was more attentive on the help defense as well.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

“We’ve really challenged him to expand his game defensively,” Walton said, adding that Kuzma has studied more game video lately. “He’s got a lot on his plate right now as far as what we want him to do.”

From GT's last vid, it seems like he was more attentive on the help defense as well.

Love the rookies. Overall I think Hart Lonzo and Kuz have better attitudes than Dangelo Jordan and Randle
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

Love the rookies. Overall I think Hart Lonzo and Kuz have better attitudes than Dangelo Jordan and Randle

They also didn't have to play for Byron Scott and during kobes farewell lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

It's nice to have, but not essential. Ultimately talent trumps everything.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

So you're on board with Cousins?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

So you're on board with Cousins?

I've said the likelihood the Lakers come to regret signing him is high, but they're so desperate they have to do it unless Lebron and PG13 are already lined up.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the quote. Good to hear. Hopefully it keeps up.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/950960006718881793

Quote:
@LakersReporter

Luke Walton just stood up and started clapping, so pleased with Kuzma and Nance’s collective defensive effort as LAL now lead 84-71.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 231, 232, 233 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 232 of 880
Jump to: