How L.A. Lakers Could Trade Julius Randle, Larry Nance, Jordan Clarkson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

There's no need to trade Nance, unless he's a sweetener in another deal. The key of a good roster is having guys who play above their contract. I'm not the biggest Nance fan, but he clearly plays above than the $ 3,4M he's owed next season.

So, if we need to throw Nance to make another deal happen, OK. But, simply trading him, it would be a bad idea.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
There's no need to trade Nance, unless he's a sweetener in another deal. The key of a good roster is having guys who play above their contract. I'm not the biggest Nance fan, but he clearly plays above than the $ 3,4M he's owed next season.

So, if we need to throw Nance to make another deal happen, OK. But, simply trading him, it would be a bad idea.

Of course not. But based on the FAs we sign of course. IF we get boogie for example that means jules will play more PF with Kuz (boogie is a higher mpg player than Brook). Leaves little pt at PF for nance.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Just a small correction, Nance is due $2,3M next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Please keep Jules. I can live with jc/nance being traded if necessary

20+ points, 10+ rebounds per 36 (minimum 750 MP), age 24 or younger.

AD
KAT
Embiid
Randle

The big difference is that AD actually averaged 28-12, KAT actually averaged 25-12, and Embidd actually averaged 24-11.

Randle is actually averaging 13-7 in 23 minutes, and those per-36 projections don't always hold when a guy plays more.

Beyond that, we all know Randle isn't in a class with those three other guys. He doesn't bring their shot-blocking, their 3-point shooting and a lot of other things, so it's a bit eye-rolling to suggest he is in their peer group because of a 36-per projection of points and rebounds.

Actually those numbers have held when he played more. And you are a perfect example of overrating players on other teams while underrating Laker players. Can any of those players play defense like Randle? AD for sure, not so much the others. Their main advantage over Randle is that their organizations know how to play them. The Lakers have shown to be clueless.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Please keep Jules. I can live with jc/nance being traded if necessary

20+ points, 10+ rebounds per 36 (minimum 750 MP), age 24 or younger.

AD
KAT
Embiid
Randle

The big difference is that AD actually averaged 28-12, KAT actually averaged 25-12, and Embidd actually averaged 24-11.

Randle is actually averaging 13-7 in 23 minutes, and those per-36 projections don't always hold when a guy plays more.

Beyond that, we all know Randle isn't in a class with those three other guys. He doesn't bring their shot-blocking, their 3-point shooting and a lot of other things, so it's a bit eye-rolling to suggest he is in their peer group because of a 36-per projection of points and rebounds.

Actually those numbers have held when he played more.

Played more? Huh? He hasn't played 36 minutes even once this year. He has played over 30 minutes just four times.

You are talking about 20-11. In reality, he has done this 3 times this year in 40 games. Last time he did it 6 times in 74 games.

So excuse me if I don't consider someone a 20-10 guy until they actually can average 20-10 for a full season, as the three players you are comparing him to actually have.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are very close to contending and should not make any foolish moves.
Nance is a great value player and should not be traded.
Clarkson at his draft position is a good value. Don't give him away.
Randle can be an asset, but only at a reasonable contract. Don't give him away for less than a 7th pick.

You can see where the Lakers are heading. Ingram is coming around into a star. Lonzo already is a difference maker and when he improves his shot is a star. Kuzma is a keeper and learning defense away from an all star. This core is the future of the Lakers and it is bright.
Lopez has not been the 20 PPG scorer per his resume.
KCP is asking more than he is worth.
If OKC does not win West, they might not max him out. The Lakers have a chance to max him out.
Other older players with a short window would be foolish to max out as will not be at prime when Lakers are. LBJ and Cousins as they will only work if Lakers are really ready next year. They will not quite but very close. Money could be spend more wisely on younger assets.
Wish the Lakers FO can get a long term view on building a team like the GSW, Celtics, Timberwolves, and Spurs.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I think we can all agree that the number one person the Lakers need to dump is Deng!

If the Lakers are assured of getting two Max. stars in the next two off seasons, then I don't have a problem with giving up a 2021 First Round Pick, because it is gonna be in the 25-30 range.

I they think they are only going to be able to bring in one player, then just waive him.

Next, I think Randle, Clarkson, Nance are vital components, provide tremendous depth and should be retained. The way they are playing, would fit perfectly for instance if the Lakers were only able to bring in PG13...

Go ahead and jettison; Brewer, KCP, Ennis, Bryant, Zubac, Blue, and any other end-of-bench guys.

Having a fire sale to get enough money for two max. contracts can surely BACKFIRE...!

Last edited by unleasHell on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I think we can all agree that the number one person the Lakers need to dump is Deng!

If the Lakers are assured of getting two Max. stars in the next two off seasons, then I don't have a problem with giving up a 2012 First Round Pick, because it is gonna be in the 25-30 range.

I they think they are only going to be able to bring in one player, then just waive him.

Next, I think Randle, Clarkson, Nance are vital components, provide tremendous depth and should be retained. The way they are playing, would fit perfectly for instance if the Lakers were only able to bring in PG13...

Go ahead and jettison; Brewer, KCP, Ennis, Bryant, Zubac, Blue, and any other end-of-bench guys.

Having a fire sale to get enough money for two max. contracts can surely BACKFIRE...!

Quote:

If the Lakers are assured of getting two Max. stars in the next two off seasons, then I don't have a problem with giving up a 2012 First Round Pick, because it is gonna be in the 25-30 range.

Because the pick would be so far back in the draft, that is why one pick won't be enough to get a trade done.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Clarkson at his draft position is a good value. .

At this point, where Clarkson was drafted is totally irrelevant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: