Lou Williams should still be on this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Trading a 6’1 ball stopping no defense bench scorer for Kyle Kuzma is a bad trade now?

Right now is there a difference?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Trading a 6’1 ball stopping no defense bench scorer for Kyle Kuzma is a bad trade now?

The Nets trade got us Kuzma. The LouWill trade got us Hart & Bryant and possibly Ball since we were tanking. I would have made that trade every single time.

Fun fact, the Nets pick that got us Kuzma actually originated with Boston with Paul Pierce & KG.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Yes Kuzma is a 6’8 rookie, Lou Will is a vet. And at least Kuzma tries to defend.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

The Nets trade got us Kuzma. The LouWill trade got us Hart & Bryant and possibly Ball since we were tanking. I would have made that trade every single time.

Fun fact, the Nets pick that got us Kuzma actually originated with Boston with Paul Pierce & KG.

Technically sure. In reality, they were taking Kuzma with that pick if they didn’t trade Russell. It was a one pick difference.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

God what a stupid comment.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Technically sure. In reality, they were taking Kuzma with that pick if they didn’t trade Russell. It was a one pick difference.

In reality, we traded Kuzma for a second round draft pick, and we used that pick to get Hart.

That's not a technicality. That's what happened.

If you want to pretend the Williams deal landed us Kuzma, that's your business. Some people want to pretend it got us Ball. Next, I suspect some people will pretend it got us James Worthy.

I understand. It's been a hard season. So whatever gets you through the night, baby.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

In reality, we traded Kuzma for a second round draft pick, and we used that pick to get Hart.

If you want to pretend the Williams deal landed us Kuzma, that's your business. Some people want to pretend it got us Ball. Next, I suspect some people will pretend it got us James Worthy.

I understand. It's been a hard season. So whatever gets you through the night, baby.

He was next on the Lakers board. The Lakers moved up one spot with the Russel trade, they would’ve gotten Kuzma either way. The Russell trade allowed them to get Hart and Bryant.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

He was next on the Lakers board. The Lakers moved up one spot with the Russel trade, they would’ve gotten Kuzma either way. The Russell trade allowed them to get Hart and Bryant.

All right, for some reason, you want to credit the Russell trade for Hart and the Williams trade for Kuzma, even though in reality it was the opposite. Not sure why, but whatever ...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

All right, for some reason, you want to credit the Russell trade for Hart and the Williams trade for Kuzma, even though in reality it was the opposite. Not sure why, but whatever ...

Because if we didn’t make the Russel trade we would still have gotten Kuzma.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Lou sucks, he only scored 50 tonight as the Griffin-less Clippers beat the Steph-less Warriors...!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Watch some games
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Which executive? Magic has the final say on all trades. Is it too early to crucify him? No. I've seen enough. He's gotta go.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Yeah, Lou sucks, he only scored 50 tonight as the Griffin-less Clippers beat the Steph-less Warriors...!

Lol, Lou read this thread and said (bleep) you all!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Which executive? Magic has the final say on all trades. Is it too early to crucify him? No. I've seen enough. He's gotta go.

Wow... overreact much?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Lou! Contract freaking year. He's gonna get paid really well this offseason. Thanks again for Kuz!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
(bleep) Lou! Contract freaking year. He's gonna get paid really well this offseason. Thanks again for Kuz!

I really think people just look at stats and that’s it... Clippers roster is trash... they are playing some guy named Tyrone Wallace... they have a bunch of players on that team trying to show off... that is there bright spot... other then that they will sink again once they trade DeAndre Jordan.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Because if we didn’t make the Russel trade we would still have gotten Kuzma.
Right, but if we hadn't traded Lou, and still somehow landed the #2 pick in the draft, we definitely trade DLo in that scenario, and draft Kuzma at #27. One of the two had to be traded, can't pair both of them w/ Lonzo.

Trying to comprehend the logic behind who was traded for who is like studying the Penrose Staircase.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

I still give Magic credit for the Lou trade.
But I also give Mitch credit for signing Lou to a reasonable contract.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

LOL. Not yet even a year in, having to unravel the mess he was left with, in an environment geared to neutralizing Laker advantages. Yeah, I’d say this is an overreaction.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Not sure many were insinuating that Lou sucked. Just that trading him was the right move as it solidified the tank that got us Ball and at the same time got us an asset that was converted into Hart and Bryant. Have to give value to get value.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

yes, trading away Russell got us Kuzma and Lopez.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams had a big 3rd quarter tonight for the @LAClippers, scoring 27 PTS!

#ItTakesEverything 
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

yes, trading away Russell got us Kuzma and Lopez.

Yes, and trading LouWill got us Hart & Bryant, while helping us tank and maintain our draft odds.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Listen, The Clippers are done! They need to start a rebuild. They aren't good enough to beat any team in the playoffs if they was able to get there.

They aren't bad enough to get a high lottery pick either. Why? because Lou is doing for them, what Magic didn't want him doing for us, winning enough games to make good enough to just be outside of the playoffs and not bad enough to get lottery picks to rebuild.

In the long run, Lou is gonna hurt the Clippers. He needs to be on a team that is competing and his scoring off the bench would be critical. If we get 2 max players this summer, I would love to try and sign Lou back but, at the time that he did it, Magic made the right move.

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: