The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@kingjames

#NBAVote my lil bro @BenSimmons25! He definitely got next

LeBron to Philly confirmed!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@kingjames

#NBAVote my lil bro @BenSimmons25! He definitely got next

LeBron to Philly confirmed!

I thought that the votes for Harden and CP3 means he is going to Houston?
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Bump. Cavs haven't been looking so great recently. I can see Lebron telling the Cavs he's not resigning before the trade deadline.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Bump. Cavs haven't been looking so great recently. I can see Lebron telling the Cavs he's not resigning before the trade deadline.

I doubt it. Serves no purpose for him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Unless he wants to get a head start on his new destination.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

True but imagine the atmosphere all star weekend in L.A if we got Lebron.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Plus the TD is in 23 days, it is hard to see him giving up on the team in early February. Especially considering they just got IT back and are working him in.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

Come on ... you don’t honestly think Cleveland will trade LeBron do you?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who thinks Lebron is staying in Cleveland is nuts....
Remember him and Dan Gilbert have history. Lebron likes calling the shots and having control of his career. I can see him leaving again so he can have a chance to win another ring. Maybe the Lakers aren't his destination, that doesn't leave out the Rockets or 76ers, who will definitely welcome him with open arms.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Remember him and Dan Gilbert have history. Lebron likes calling the shots and having control of his career. I can see him leaving again so he can have a chance to win another ring. Maybe the Lakers aren't his destination, that doesn't leave out the Rockets or 76ers, who will definitely welcome him with open arms.

Houston, Lakers, Philly, Cleveland... IMO, in that order. I agree and I think he is LeGone. He's ready for change and with how bad they've looked, I don't see them making the changes to convince him to stay.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

https://www.facebook.com/ColinCowherd/videos/2096437733910748/?hc_ref=ARTt-1JffrwuDx2xcT8GVdgrspTL03kflGzx7uDBVT2Db3HQb9nkmWuuQtmTjFhXqrI

hahah
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Houston, Lakers, Philly, Cleveland... IMO, in that order. I agree and I think he is LeGone. He's ready for change and with how bad they've looked, I don't see them making the changes to convince him to stay.

Houston has a lot of money ($75M) committed. That doesn't include Chris Paul, Ariza and Capela who will be free agents.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:

Cav's should go ahead and trade LeBron and Love for younger talent, then with their high draft pick next season will be poised for another run once the Celtics flame out..

Randle, Clarkson, Deng and a first rounder should work for the Cav's...LOL
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
I think lebrons next contract is a full max in Cleveland that’ll take him into retirement. He’s too damn old to keep trying these 1+1 deals and holding Cleveland hostage. He’s just going to sign there and ride off into the sunset imo, I think he’s tired of trying to keep up with golden state and knows his only chance would be to team up in Houston but then his legacy would always be the ring chaser who made super teams to win. Just stay in Cleveland and further cement his legacy there, that’s the move I’d make at that age. The only way he’d come to LA would be to further his business interests, rings would be put on the back burner because he knows we’re still a ways off and he can’t carry teams like he used to, so he wouldn’t come here to contend, he’d come for personal gains.

Not sure if I agree. If, like you said, his only chance to keep up with GS would be going to Houston, then there's nothing for him to do in Cleveland. His legacy would already be cemented there, and playing for L.A would certainly be more attractive in that scenario.

That being said, I do think him staying in Cleveland is the biggest possibilty, but because it gives him a chance to compete. Cleveland can retool easier than other teams can build a contender around him.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Cav's should go ahead and trade LeBron and Love for younger talent, then with their high draft pick next season will be poised for another run once the Celtics flame out..

The Cavs couldn't trade LeBron even if they wanted to. LeBron has a no-trade clause in his contract.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The Cavs couldn't trade LeBron even if they wanted to. LeBron has a no-trade clause in his contract.

That said, LeBron is not coming to the 25th (give or take) best or team in the league at the end of his career...a team like Houston would make sense for him...
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Come on ... you don’t honestly think Cleveland will trade LeBron do you?

Reads post

Looks at username

It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

That said, LeBron is not coming to the 25th (give or take) best or team in the league at the end of his career...a team like Houston would make sense for him...

Another one of those, "I know what Lebron is thinking" type post. Nobody knows what LeBron is thinking or gonna do, except Lebron.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

USA Today has an article ranking the top destinations for LeBron next summer. Lakers is at #5.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/lebron-james-ranking-landing-spots-next-team-leave-cavaliers-free-agency

Quote:
1. Houston

The Rockets might be good enough to topple the Warriors this year already, but if Daryl Morey can make the numbers work, a core of James Harden, Chris Paul, LeBron James and Clint Capela would make the Western Conference Finals a series for the ages. The only drawback here is that the Finals would likely be formality, but we might be facing that reality this year already.

2. Philadelphia

A trio of LeBron James, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid could make the Sixers the best team in the East next season, and Philadelphia has the cap space to make it happen. Whether or not LeBron’s Sixers could beat the best in the West is another matter, but if LeBron wants to stay in the same conference, Philadelphia is by far the most exciting option – and if Markelle Fultz figures out how to shoot again, watch out.

3. New York

Are the Knicks a title contender with LeBron? No, almost certainly not, but the allure of playing in New York City is definitely a factor here. Plus, if LeBron James rescues what has become a sorry franchise and brings a title to the Mecca of basketball, that’s his ticket to GOAT-town.

4. Los Angeles (Clippers)

LeBron to Los Angeles makes sense for a number of reasons – but if he goes to L.A., the Clippers would give him a better chance to win immediately over the Lakers.

The Clippers could keep a lineup of James, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan for next season, and while Griffin’s health is always a concern, the Lakers simply wouldn’t be able to match that type of a trio.

There have been unconfirmed reports that LeBron will “never” be a Clipper, however. LeBron to the Clippers makes sense as a one-year experiment and introduction to L.A. If it doesn’t work out, he can keep the same house and switch to purple and gold in 2019.

5. Los Angeles (Lakers)

Yes, LeBron James owns multiple houses in Los Angeles. Yes, the Lakers have a ton of young, developing talent, and yes, “LeBronzo” is a cool nickname. Still, as invincible as LeBron James has proven to be, he’s still 33 years old. He’s chasing titles now, and there’s no guarantee that the Lakers will be ready to contend by the summer of 2019.

Lonzo and Brandon Ingram may very well develop into All-Star caliber players – but if it takes until LeBron is 37 and can’t carry a team anymore, does it make sense for him to end his career as a Laker? It may be a gamble LeBron decides to take, but it’s crucial for the Lakers to not have another awful stretch like the one they just pulled out of.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

NBA Trade Rumors: Latest News, Buzz as Deadline Approaches
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/16/nba-trade-rumors-buzz-news-deandre-jordan-rockets-cavs
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
USA Today has an article ranking the top destinations for LeBron next summer. Lakers is at #5.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/lebron-james-ranking-landing-spots-next-team-leave-cavaliers-free-agency

Quote:
1. Houston

The Rockets might be good enough to topple the Warriors this year already, but if Daryl Morey can make the numbers work, a core of James Harden, Chris Paul, LeBron James and Clint Capela would make the Western Conference Finals a series for the ages. The only drawback here is that the Finals would likely be formality, but we might be facing that reality this year already.

2. Philadelphia

A trio of LeBron James, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid could make the Sixers the best team in the East next season, and Philadelphia has the cap space to make it happen. Whether or not LeBron’s Sixers could beat the best in the West is another matter, but if LeBron wants to stay in the same conference, Philadelphia is by far the most exciting option – and if Markelle Fultz figures out how to shoot again, watch out.

3. New York

Are the Knicks a title contender with LeBron? No, almost certainly not, but the allure of playing in New York City is definitely a factor here. Plus, if LeBron James rescues what has become a sorry franchise and brings a title to the Mecca of basketball, that’s his ticket to GOAT-town.

4. Los Angeles (Clippers)

LeBron to Los Angeles makes sense for a number of reasons – but if he goes to L.A., the Clippers would give him a better chance to win immediately over the Lakers.

The Clippers could keep a lineup of James, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan for next season, and while Griffin’s health is always a concern, the Lakers simply wouldn’t be able to match that type of a trio.

There have been unconfirmed reports that LeBron will “never” be a Clipper, however. LeBron to the Clippers makes sense as a one-year experiment and introduction to L.A. If it doesn’t work out, he can keep the same house and switch to purple and gold in 2019.

5. Los Angeles (Lakers)

Yes, LeBron James owns multiple houses in Los Angeles. Yes, the Lakers have a ton of young, developing talent, and yes, “LeBronzo” is a cool nickname. Still, as invincible as LeBron James has proven to be, he’s still 33 years old. He’s chasing titles now, and there’s no guarantee that the Lakers will be ready to contend by the summer of 2019.

Lonzo and Brandon Ingram may very well develop into All-Star caliber players – but if it takes until LeBron is 37 and can’t carry a team anymore, does it make sense for him to end his career as a Laker? It may be a gamble LeBron decides to take, but it’s crucial for the Lakers to not have another awful stretch like the one they just pulled out of.

Knicks and Clippers? I don't think so

I think it's between Houston, 76ers and Lakers
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

He should just go to GS

Curry
Klay
KD
Bron
Dray

Just shut down the league lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
He should just go to GS

Curry
Klay
KD
Bron
Dray

Just shut down the league lol

You forgot AD....
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

LOL for sure Clippers. Lebron wants to go be a bigger Chris Paul. Writers are so clueless.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

If winning is the most important thing, shouldn't Lebron join the Warriors. That will guarantee him at least 3 rings
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 154 of 2079
Jump to: