What actions should/ can Lakers take to silence Lavar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakeshow1843
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:
My point was that lavar is getting pretty shafted for making an off the record comment and espn running with. He's getting called out by coaches players and media alike. Ijs that in this particular situation he spoke pretty candidly and is roasted for having an opinion that he even said was just from him watching from the outside looking in.

how was it off the record? I have not heard any claim that Lavar thought he was off the record.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakeShOwKinG/status/950071320053628933/video/1
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow1843 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The guy uses so many double negatives that one never has an idea what he is saying.

And you clearly had nothing meaningful to add....your point?

Is it really that complicated for you?
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Is there even a real way to silence him? I mean, he's just a fan, just like the rest of us, he just happens to be famous. Don't think there's any real way from keeping him from speaking his mind
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow1843 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:
My point was that lavar is getting pretty shafted for making an off the record comment and espn running with. He's getting called out by coaches players and media alike. Ijs that in this particular situation he spoke pretty candidly and is roasted for having an opinion that he even said was just from him watching from the outside looking in.

how was it off the record? I have not heard any claim that Lavar thought he was off the record.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakeShOwKinG/status/950071320053628933/video/1

you sent me a video? When something is off the record, it is a mutual agreement between interviewer and interviewee that communication will not be sourced or reported.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

The coaches appear to not want ESPN to publish Lavar's thoughts on anything not directly related to Lavar, Big Baller Brand, etc., but are perfectly fine with ESPN being a medium for them to express thoughts beyond basketball. Not claiming they are right in regards to Lavar or expressing their non-basketball related thoughts....but it can't be both.

I agree with you on this. It's presumptuous for the coaches to tell ESPN what to cover. That's overstepping.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Double post

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow1843 wrote:
Everyone seems pretty upset about lavar but did any of you actually look at what he said? This whole him bashing Luke was definitely not even the case.

I saw the interview and he went after Luke and it was definitely the case.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Ball train crash has made me wonder more than once, has Lonzo been abused by this guy his whole life??

His whole quite demeanor just makes me wonder WTF is up with him?

To have his father so out spoken while he is so soft spoken, just makes me wonder if something is not quite right here.

????? Anyone else ever entertained this thought?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Watching the Ball train crash has made me wonder more than once, has Lonzo been abused by this guy his whole life??

His whole quite demeanor just makes me wonder WTF is up with him?

To have his father so out spoken while he is so soft spoken, just makes me wonder if something is not quite right here.

????? Anyone else ever entertained this thought?

lavar is a good father far from perfect but he has stuck by lonzo side his whole life and that says a lot about the man.

I think Ball is quite because he has always had to anwser questions about his dad and he learned that being quite has its advantages
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The guy uses so many double negatives that one never has an idea what he is saying.

LaVar is not a person people should be following. He's has a few
kids that play basketball, nice. But that's it.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:
Everyone seems pretty upset about lavar but did any of you actually look at what he said? This whole him bashing Luke was definitely not even the case.

what interview did you see? Those comments werent from an interview and they werent recorded, they were off camera.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Anyone that defends what LaVar said should be kicked in the teeth.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:

what interview did you see? Those comments werent from an interview and they werent recorded, they were off camera.

Idk I proabaly watched espn and they went over the transcripts I dont always remember where or what exact format I get my news

The point was I know what he said and it wasn't pleasant
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:

Idk I proabaly watched espn and they went over the transcripts I dont always remember where or what exact format I get my news

He walked it back almost in the same breath with a bunch of caveats and also went on to say that the kids were trying to play their best for Luke. He also made it damn clear in his interview that he was speaking strictly as an outsider and a fan who had no inside knowledge (ie his son didn’t say anything to him) but ESPN sure as hell didn’t bother to make sure any of that got any airtime. Fake controversy by ESPN, IMO, in the style of Fox News and sensational news outlets where the talking heads just build the controversy themselves show after show. If Lavar said he got his info from Lonzo, that might be a story, but him saying he has no inside info is basically him speaking as a fan/sports parent which isn’t news at all.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Lakeshow1843 wrote:

He walked it back almost in the same breath with a bunch of caveats and also went on to say that the kids were trying to play their best for Luke. He also made it damn clear in his interview that he was speaking strictly as an outsider and a fan who had no inside knowledge (ie his son didn’t say anything to him) but ESPN sure as hell didn’t bother to make sure any of that got any airtime. Fake controversy by ESPN, IMO, in the style of Fox News and sensational news outlets where the talking heads just build the controversy themselves show after show. If Lavar said he got his info from Lonzo, that might be a story, but him saying he has no inside info is basically him speaking as a fan/sports parent which isn’t news at all.

Im glad im not the only one who noticed there hasnt been a single sentence written in the news about his clarification to the comments. Most people wont do the research to see what the context was at all and ESPN knows that so they throw out this hot take and then act as if the follow up interview never happened.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

I agree with you on this. It's presumptuous for the coaches to tell ESPN what to cover. That's overstepping.

I agree. Considering the league is about 90% black, it seems like hypocrisy for some of these white coaches (Carlisle, Van Gundy, Popovich) to be demanding Lavar Ball be silenced, it makes me uncomfortable as it screams of "the black man need to be controlled" or some (bleep) like that.

It is OK I guess for Popovich and Kerr to spew their political views after the games, but God forbid a parent of a star player say anything about a bad coach.

Not to mention anyone with eyes could see the team was playing with little effort or heart during parts of that losing streak and needed to be called out.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I agree. Considering the league is about 90% black, it seems like hypocrisy for some of these white coaches (Carlisle, Van Gundy, Popovich) to be demanding Lavar Ball be silenced, it makes me uncomfortable as it screams of "the black man need to be controlled" or some (bleep) like that.

It is OK I guess for Popovich and Kerr to spew their political views after the games, but God forbid a parent of a star player say anything about a bad coach.

Not to mention anyone with eyes could see the team was playing with little effort or heart during parts of that losing streak and needed to be called out.

If Lavar was white, those coaches would still be saying that stuff. Pop and Kerr have both been outspoken about their desire for social justice and their belief that we aren’t there yet. Trying to make everything about race doesn’t help the situation.

The problem IS ESPN and their tabloid-like coverage of sports, not what race Lonzo balls dad is.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Pay him. They've had far less qualified and embarrassing scouts on the payroll before.

i am sure he knows more about evaluating talent than a bartender

Yeah, but does he knows what goes into a Harvey Wallbanger? Jim's buddy had TALENT!
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The coaches appear to not want ESPN to publish Lavar's thoughts on anything not directly related to Lavar, Big Baller Brand, etc., but are perfectly fine with ESPN being a medium for them to express thoughts beyond basketball. Not claiming they are right in regards to Lavar or expressing their non-basketball related thoughts....but it can't be both.

For me,censhorship is a bed thing, in any form.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
mookielala wrote:

White coaches? these guys work the right way with people of all colors. You're
barking up the wrong tree there. Pop? Kerr? Totally, into us minorities, as I see them.

Their point is not a about a jerk, no matter what color he is...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
mookielala wrote:

White coaches? these guys work the right way with people of all colors. You're
barking up the wrong tree there. Pop? Kerr? Totally, into us minorities, as I see them.

Their point is not a about a jerk, no matter what color he is...

Popovich is well known for overreacting and making very dumb statements. His complaining about the Lakers Pau Gasol trade was so far over the line it was ridiculous.

I also don't like his constant harping on politics as if he is an expert. He isn't and comes off like a sanctimonious prick.

I like Kerr better, but for him to demand Lavar Ball not express his opinions is frankly....pathetic. As Lonzo said himself, Lavar Ball is a grown man and will say whatever he wants.

He is obviously pushing some sensitive buttons with these coaches, but all I know is the team was circling the drain before he turned up the heat on Luke.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

^^Your posts are becoming more and more bizarre by the day. You're such a weird guy.
JustLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject:

Trade the son as his father is a toxic and bad news. He is nothing but a big mouth jerk. Trade the son and part away from all the BS and drama. He will never shut up.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject:

Lavar has his hands more than busy trying to explain why his other sons combined for 0 points, 0/7 FG in their first game in the Lithuanian League.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Honestly i think the coaches are just practicing self preservation, it's human nature. Personally i laugh anytime i see someone take anything Lavar says seriously but then he has no effect on my life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: