THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Walmart says they are giving $1000 bonuses to long time employees and raising wages on others, all because of the new GOP tax plan! Around $345 million it will cost them.

Also, Walmart abruptly closes 63 Sam's Club stores, laying off 11,000 workers. Is that also due to the GOP tax plan or is that because of Hillary or Obama?

Bloomberg Markets

Quote:
Wal-Mart's wage hike would represent just five hours of sales

Paul Ryan, Mnuchin and Trump are all hailing Walmart today for their wage hike...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Walmart says they are giving $1000 bonuses to long time employees and raising wages on others, all because of the new GOP tax plan! Around $345 million it will cost them.

Also, Walmart abruptly closes 63 Sam's Club stores, laying off 11,000 workers. Is that also due to the GOP tax plan or is that because of Hillary or Obama?

Neither, its Costco.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Neither, its Costco.

and Amazon
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Neither, its Costco.

and Amazon

It's Amazon. At least 10 of the Sams Clubs are turning into eCommerce centers.

The point is that it's smoke and mirrors.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Neither, its Costco.

and Amazon

What is smoke and mirrors? Sam's Club were doing pretty poorly compared to Costco. If it wasn't for the backing of the Walton family, they would've probably closed a lot of locations much sooner. Also I'm not surprised they are turning it into distribution centers since Walmart is investing much more into their online infrastructure now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

http://theweek.com/speedreads/747985/recordbreaking-31-house-republicans-wont-seek-reelection-2018

I wonder how much of this has to do with the #MeToo movement. I get that these GOP quiters represent districts where Hillary won. But 31 is ALOT.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Neither, its Costco.

and Amazon

What is smoke and mirrors? Sam's Club were doing pretty poorly compared to Costco. If it wasn't for the backing of the Walton family, they would've probably closed a lot of locations much sooner. Also I'm not surprised they are turning it into distribution centers since Walmart is investing much more into their online infrastructure now.

Sams Club closing and walmart giving them life support isn't smoke. You have to close and fire those peoples and stores to stay competitive but to expect an applause from the public because you gave some other employees a bonus?

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/747985/recordbreaking-31-house-republicans-wont-seek-reelection-2018

I wonder how much of this has to do with the #MeToo movement. I get that these GOP quiters represent districts where Hillary won. But 31 is ALOT.

Why do you think it has anything to do with metoo? More likely, they accomplished their agenda of killing government from the inside and now they are riding off into the sunset on their golden steed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Why do you think it has anything to do with metoo? More likely, they accomplished their agenda of killing government from the inside and now they are riding off into the sunset on their golden steed.

31 quitting hasn't happened since the Civil War. It's pretty rare.
Like the #MeToo movement. So I'm just connecting dots that may or may not be there.
But 2 GOPers committed suicide already due to accusations. So the fear is there for many. Especially with their holier than though Judeo-Christian "ethic" right.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

It's called not running a race you can't win. Everything is pointing towards a blue tsunami in 2018.

As a bonus, take a guess where the money in their campaign coffers goes?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Trump had a colorful way to describe some of the countries that came up in immigration talks today. I can't post it because of the profanity filter, but it rhymes with ship hole
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

With Support From Nancy Pelosi, House Gives Trump Administration Broad Latitude to Spy on Americans
January 11 2018 | by Alex Emmons
Quote:
The measure, which passed 256-164, reauthorized Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which was set to expire later this month.
[...]
On Thursday, the House failed to pass an amendment to the bill offered by Rep. Justin Amash, R.-Mich., which would have required federal law enforcement agents to get a warrant before searching NSA data for information on Americans. The amendment was defeated 183-233, with 125 Democrats voting for it and 55 Democrats against, including Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif..
[...]
“Seventy percent of Democrats voted to protect Americans against giving President Trump the ability to spy on all of us without first obtaining a warrant, as the Constitution requires,” Schuman told The Intercept by email. “Unfortunately, 55 Democrats, led by Rep. Adam Schiff, lent their support to legislation — and implicitly signed on to the racist, xenophobic language used by the Intelligence Committee majority — that expands domestic surveillance and gives reason for every American to be fearful of their government. A swing of just 26 Democrats would have defeated the measure.”
(emphasis mine)

The Intercept
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Bloomberg Markets

Quote:
Wal-Mart's wage hike would represent just five hours of sales

Paul Ryan, Mnuchin and Trump are all hailing Walmart today for their wage hike...

Financial Enslavement...

Stole their tax money .. check
Stole their health care ... Check
Push states to force employment for healthcare
Used that money to feed.. multi millionaire and billionaire families
And funnel tons of money to Kushner and friends
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
With Support From Nancy Pelosi, House Gives Trump Administration Broad Latitude to Spy on Americans
January 11 2018 | by Alex Emmons
Quote:
The measure, which passed 256-164, reauthorized Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which was set to expire later this month.
[...]
On Thursday, the House failed to pass an amendment to the bill offered by Rep. Justin Amash, R.-Mich., which would have required federal law enforcement agents to get a warrant before searching NSA data for information on Americans. The amendment was defeated 183-233, with 125 Democrats voting for it and 55 Democrats against, including Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif..
[...]
“Seventy percent of Democrats voted to protect Americans against giving President Trump the ability to spy on all of us without first obtaining a warrant, as the Constitution requires,” Schuman told The Intercept by email. “Unfortunately, 55 Democrats, led by Rep. Adam Schiff, lent their support to legislation — and implicitly signed on to the racist, xenophobic language used by the Intelligence Committee majority — that expands domestic surveillance and gives reason for every American to be fearful of their government. A swing of just 26 Democrats would have defeated the measure.”
(emphasis mine)

The Intercept

They are way too lazy to take the time to read stuff before they sign it..
They waited until the last minute because too lazy to care

They don't care how they waste your money. They just stay in office and give themselves raises

American politics once again a shame to evolution
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I've seen several posters say "Trumps not a racist." After reading this article I wonder if it changes any minds?

Trump complains about allowing immigrants from '(bleep)' countries

LINK

As he rejected a bipartisan compromise Thursday to resolve the standoff over so-called Dreamers, President Trump asked participants in an Oval Office meeting why the United States should accept immigrants from “(bleep) countries” in Africa and the Caribbean, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“What do we want Haitians here for?” the president asked, according to the people briefed. “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? Why do we want all these people from (bleep) countries?"

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

its like what i was just reading about Churchill

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29701767

In 1937, he told the Palestine Royal Commission: "I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

Churchill certainly believed in racial hierarchies and eugenics, says John Charmley, author of Churchill: The End of Glory. In Churchill's view, white protestant Christians were at the top, above white Catholics, while Indians were higher than Africans, he adds. "Churchill saw himself and Britain as being the winners in a social Darwinian hierarchy."

----On the bengal famine that took 3 million lives---

"[The War Cabinet] ordered the build-up of a stockpile of wheat for feeding European civilians after they had been liberated. So 170,000 tons of Australian wheat bypassed starving India - destined not for consumption but for storage," she said upon release of the book in 2010.

Churchill even appeared to blame the Indians for the famine, claiming they "breed like rabbits".

"It's one of the worst blots on his record," says Toye. "It clearly is the case that it was difficult for people to get him to take the issue seriously."

i think if you believe in Eugenics or breeding like race horses and view humanity through that lens with hierarchy and better breed stock or whatever, that's pretty messed up coming from the president and how can it not lead to intolerance and colored decisions.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've seen several posters say "Trumps not a racist." After reading this article I wonder if it changes any minds?

LINK

As he rejected a bipartisan compromise Thursday to resolve the standoff over so-called Dreamers, President Trump asked participants in an Oval Office meeting why the United States should accept immigrants from “(bleep) countries” in Africa and the Caribbean, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“What do we want Haitians here for?” the president asked, according to the people briefed. “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? Why do we want all these people from (bleep) countries?"

The WH is not even denying he used the slur:
Quote:
"The President's '(bleep)' remark is being received much differently inside of the White House than it is outside of it. Though this might enrage Washington, staffers predict the comment will resonate with his base, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the National Anthem did not alienate it."

So no matter how wrong, how racist, how un-American, as long as his base of deplorables approve it's OK.
A video of him raping his daughter may come out, or a tape of him promising Putin anything, and his supporters will still support him.
America is (bleep)!
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

The WH is not even denying he used the slur:
Quote:
"The President's '(bleep)' remark is being received much differently inside of the White House than it is outside of it. Though this might enrage Washington, staffers predict the comment will resonate with his base, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the National Anthem did not alienate it."

So no matter how wrong, how racist, how un-American, as long as his base of deplorables approve it's OK.
A video of him raping his daughter may come out, or a tape of him promising Putin anything, and his supporters will still support him.
America is (bleep)!

Yep, that's right, all in his base that can't stand the idea of more "brown" people in "their" America. And by brown I mean anyone that isn't European.

They can't seem to grasp that many of their own immigrant ancestors were viewed as scum by others when they got here. Italians, Jews, Irish, etc. were all in their time considered unfit to be Americans by the ones here before them. But this isn't 1850 or 1910 anymore, we should be better than this.

Good thing is many of us are better than this and if we can get more out to vote, we can remove this racist president sooner or later and wash away his spineless Republican sycophants.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Wow. What a closing speech by Anderson Cooper.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I can admit even though I knew this man is a racist this is shockingly, blatantly, racist. Worse than “crazy old white dude” racist. He is Nazi, ethnic cleansing type racist.

Very scary times people. Very scary.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
I can admit even though I knew this man is a racist this is shockingly, blatantly, racist. Worse than “crazy old white dude” racist. He is Nazi, ethnic cleansing type racist.

Very scary times people. Very scary.

Matthew Miller‏Verified account
@matthewamiller

Just imagine how often Trump says racist things and there aren’t Democratic Senators in the room to leak it out.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

It's called not running a race you can't win. Everything is pointing towards a blue tsunami in 2018.

As a bonus, take a guess where the money in their campaign coffers goes?

Um.... Trump University?!
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

I think the GOP sees a blue wave coming this fall. I can't wait for November.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Don't underestimate the number of voters who say they don't like Trump but the booth is closed to everyone but the voter.

Democrats have to start the get out and vote drive NOW

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Don't underestimate the number of voters who say they don't like Trump but the booth is closed to everyone but the voter.

Democrats have to start the get out and vote drive NOW

I think that's what happened in 2016.

A lot of people did not want to admit they support Trump but once they were alone, they voted for him.

I live in Pennsylvania and HRC lead each poll in this state and then my state put Trump over the top. I couldn't believe he won here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 763 of 3672
Jump to: