THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

http://theweek.com/speedreads/747985/recordbreaking-31-house-republicans-wont-seek-reelection-2018

I wonder how much of this has to do with the #MeToo movement. I get that these GOP quiters represent districts where Hillary won. But 31 is ALOT.

I think the GOP sees a blue wave coming this fall. I can't wait for November.

Don't underestimate the number of voters who say they don't like Trump but the booth is closed to everyone but the voter.

Democrats have to start the get out and vote drive NOW

I think that's what happened in 2016.

A lot of people did not want to admit they support Trump but once they were alone, they voted for him.

I live in Pennsylvania and HRC lead each poll in this state and then my state put Trump over the top. I couldn't believe he won here.

Did my undergar at Penn when Barack was running for reelection. My roommate was from a Pennsylvania small town. The closet conservatism is a real thing. And Pennsylvania is arguably the biggest swing state in the country. Their neighbor Ohio is very important as well. Urban minority turnout in Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincin play a key role in Presidential elections. Cause the pockets of those states are RED.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I've seen several posters say "Trumps not a racist." After reading this article I wonder if it changes any minds?

Trump complains about allowing immigrants from '(bleep)' countries

LINK

As he rejected a bipartisan compromise Thursday to resolve the standoff over so-called Dreamers, President Trump asked participants in an Oval Office meeting why the United States should accept immigrants from “(bleep) countries” in Africa and the Caribbean, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“What do we want Haitians here for?” the president asked, according to the people briefed. “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? Why do we want all these people from (bleep) countries?"

The WH is not even denying he used the slur:
Quote:
"The President's '(bleep)' remark is being received much differently inside of the White House than it is outside of it. Though this might enrage Washington, staffers predict the comment will resonate with his base, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the National Anthem did not alienate it."

So no matter how wrong, how racist, how un-American, as long as his base of deplorables approve it's OK.
A video of him raping his daughter may come out, or a tape of him promising Putin anything, and his supporters will still support him.
America is (bleep)!

what this vile creature doesn't realize is that there will come a time when he is no longer president, and that his children and grandchildren will have to suffer for the legacy he has left behind long after he's dead.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

If Trump is willing to these countries a (bleep) hole with colleagues around, imagine what he says in private to family and friends.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

He unwittingly created a new online nickname for himself: President S-(bleep)-hole 💩
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

The freaking President put a 4 letter word in play. He also pulled out of a trip to the UK for fear of being protested. That standard visit to Canada? Nope. Train wrecks are embarrassed by being compared to him.

Shame on anyone who voted for him. There is no defense for it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Puerto Ricans ((bleep)) Represented Throughout U.S. Military History

In 2015, 12% of all active-duty personnel were ((bleep) country people) Hispanic, three times the share in 1980.

I can imagine how proud his wife must feel to have to deal with his BS
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject:

Trump also asked during the "(bleep)" meeting why the US doesn't allow more Norwegian immigrant into the country.
No dumbass, the Norwegians are perfectly happy where they are. They are not as dumb as GOP voters and evangelicals who form your base.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTUAOnDU8AEe1t6.jpg

Could we get an emoticon of that? It could be so....useful in this thread.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Trump also asked during the "(bleep)" meeting why the US doesn't allow more Norwegian immigrant into the country.
No dumbass, the Norwegians are perfectly happy where they are. They are not as dumb as GOP voters and evangelicals who form your base.

Even sadder, you know Trump really thinks the places in America where his base lives are (bleep).
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

and now he's denying he made those comments ......

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

@realDonaldTrump
More
The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!

The new American ambassador to the Netherlands follows the Trump playbook: lie, when fact-checked deny lie, and then lie again about denying the lie, and finally just ignore the questions until they die down.
The problem is he's in the Netherlands now, like one reporter said to him"This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions".
What followed was just awkward silence. Something for the "need to get away"commercial LOL. And to think John Adams was the 1st US ambassador to the Netherlands SMH.

Reporters to Trump ambassador: ‘This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions’
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
paymonM wrote:

@realDonaldTrump
More

The new American ambassador to the Netherlands follows the Trump playbook: lie, when fact-checked deny lie, and then lie again about denying the lie, and finally just ignore the questions until they die down.
The problem is he's in the Netherlands now, like one reporter said to him"This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions".
What followed was just awkward silence. Something for the "need to get away"commercial LOL. And to think John Adams was the 1st US ambassador to the Netherlands SMH.

Reporters to Trump ambassador: ‘This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions’

saw that yesterday so painfully uncomfortable.....then i read more about john adams and norway and how he kinda went there in part to get financing...anyway sacred and hallowed ground trampled by another brilliant trump acolyte
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

Why deny he said (bleep) when everyone knows he did? Just be an adult and apologize. But he's not a grown-up. He's the worst America has to offer. Every immigrant I've ever met is a better person than him.

Can you imagine if Trump has to sit down and be questioned by Mueller? He couldn't help but lie in every sentence. Trump is too afraid to take questions from the press the way the Netherlands press pushed back. But you think Mueller is going to take his word salad answers without pinning him down? Lordy, I wish there would be tapes.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Geoff Bennett‏Verified account @GeoffRBennett (NBC News)

Sen. Dick Durbin now knocking down Trump's denial: "It's not true. He said those hateful things, and he said them repeatedly."

Too bad the Republicans in the meeting don't have the guts or morals to come out and confirm. (bleep) bastards.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Sen. Dick Durbin now knocking down Trump's denial: "It's not true. He said those hateful things, and he said them repeatedly."

Too bad the Republicans in the meeting don't have the guts or morals to come out and confirm. (bleep) bastards.

Don Lemon referred to this as the "(bleep) controversy." Every time I think we've hit another low in public discourse, there goes Trump proving me wrong. I can't believe I'm hearing these things on national news broadcasts, and all because of the President of the United States.

And, by the by, I hate the excuse that "he's just saying what we the average person is thinking." First, the average person doesn't think that, nor are they bigoted and racist like Trump.

Second, when did being "the average person" become the standard for the President? Shouldn't they be above average? Shouldn't they be someone we should aspire to be? I don't want an average person making decisions for this country. I want an exception human being and mind leading us. I hope from this point forward, because of Trump, we no longer seek to elect public representatives who may us say "he's just like you and me." That's not a good thing.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
paymonM wrote:

@realDonaldTrump
More

This is simultaneously awesome and saddening. If US journalists had balls like these (excuse the expression), then their might actually be some accountability for telling the truth.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

That is the worst part about this whole Presidency

The Enablers are the purest traitors. They cannot deny anything because he does it right in front of them

Wonder what his mouth is like when describing female politicians who upset him?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Don Lemon referred to this as the "(bleep) controversy." Every time I think we've hit another low in public discourse, there goes Trump proving me wrong. I can't believe I'm hearing these things on national news broadcasts, and all because of the President of the United States.

And, by the by, I hate the excuse that "he's just saying what we the average person is thinking." First, the average person doesn't think that, nor are they bigoted and racist like Trump.

Second, when did being "the average person" become the standard for the President? Shouldn't they be above average? Shouldn't they be someone we should aspire to be? I don't want an average person making decisions for this country. I want an exception human being and mind leading us. I hope from this point forward, because of Trump, we no longer seek to elect public representatives who may us say "he's just like you and me." That's not a good thing.

I can honestly say I have NEVER even personally used that word - not out loud, not in writing, not in thought. Nor have I ever had those feelings toward an entire country nor an entire population of people. Just despicable.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

When a Dictionary trolls the president...

Quote:
Merriam-Webster‏Verified account @MerriamWebster

Good morning! Today's #WordOfTheDay is 'reprehensible' http://s.m-w.com/2mqlvyB

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Two Republican senators at that meeting say they "do not recall" the comments, right after praising Trump.

Lindsay Graham privately told another senator, Tim Scott, that Durbin's account is correct. But Graham, who, as we all know, loves to talk to the press, can't bring himself to say it publicly.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Two Republican senators at that meeting say they "do not recall" the comments, right after praising Trump.

Lindsay Graham privately told another senator, Tim Scott, that Durbin's account is correct. But Graham, who, as we all know, loves to talk to the press, can't bring himself to say it publicly.

Jeff Flake just tweeted that he was told of the comments right after the meeting and said they were "abhorrent and repulsive." So Flake is indirectly confirming.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin M. Kruse‏Verified account @KevinMKruse

This Week in American Diplomacy:
--US Ambassador to Netherlands sparks scandal with "no-go zone" lies
--White House statement calls Norway "Normay"
--Trump calls Haiti and African nations "(bleep)"
--US Ambassador to Panama resigns in protest
--Trump cancels visit to England
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Congratulations to the most powerful country on the planet - China.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

What's so disturbing is Republicans don't like what Trump said yet they don't admonish him, they excuse him. Party over country.

Those counting on a Blue Wave, don't bet the condo. Closet White Supremacist, Neo Nazi's, Clandestine Trump supporters and going to the booths. The underlying mood of the country is being ignored.

Democrats have to start campaigning now for constituents to get out and vote with a message. They don't have one other than racism. That won't work. That should be obvious.

Grass roots should be centered. Tax reforms should be explained so laymen can understand who they benefit. Minorities made to understand the need to go to the polls. African American, look at Alabama, see how strong our vote is and it's importance.

Unless Mueller can find a reason to impeach, the House impeaches, the Senate try's and convicts, we stuck with Trump until the next Presidential election.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 764 of 3663
Jump to: