OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I can't wait til he develops a proper floater and learns to absorb and embrace contact going to the rim. He just makes so much happen and impacts the game on both ends more than I thought he would. His 3pt shooting the last 2 months has been pretty good, hopefully that confidence carries through the season

Do we (LG) care that he never gets to the line?

I'm interested in what other people think. I don't really care, so long as he's shooting the 3 ball well.

I care. It's attached to the technique stuff that he needs to learn when scoring on drives to the basket. Putting guys in jail, shooting the pull-up, initiating contact with his shoulder, a teardrop/floater, etc. But I don't think much of that happens this year.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone remember those rumors that we were gonna trade the #2 pick for #5 and #10? Thank the lord almighty that it never came to fruition I think it was David Aldridge who reported the rumor.

I mean...If you would have gotten Markannan and Mitchell, I don't exactly think that would've been a huge disaster.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I can't wait til he develops a proper floater and learns to absorb and embrace contact going to the rim. He just makes so much happen and impacts the game on both ends more than I thought he would. His 3pt shooting the last 2 months has been pretty good, hopefully that confidence carries through the season

I'm interested in what other people think. I don't really care, so long as he's shooting the 3 ball well.

I care. It's attached to the technique stuff that he needs to learn when scoring on drives to the basket. Putting guys in jail, shooting the pull-up, initiating contact with his shoulder, a teardrop/floater, etc. But I don't think much of that happens this year.

I see. Can't argue with that.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

It’s the biggest weakness in his game IMO. The midrange game would be nice to have but not really essential IMO. He needs to learn how to get to the line more and convert when he’s there. Learning to initiate contact and finishing through contact will help him a lot going forward.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ORPM up to -1.10. I might yet be right about his ORPM being positive this season
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

It’s the biggest weakness in his game IMO. The midrange game would be nice to have but not really essential IMO. He needs to learn how to get to the line more and convert when he’s there. Learning to initiate contact and finishing through contact will help him a lot going forward.

Totally agree.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

In the past 10 games (included the first game coming back from injury), Ball averaged:

Min 35:42
FG% 43.66
3PM 2.9
3PA 7
3P% 42.67
FT% 49.7
Reb 7.9
Ast 7.1
TO 3.3
Stl 2
Blk 0.8
PF 2.4
Pts 14.3
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
AJChang617 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This is why I called him the top pick of the last several drafts. Has the power to make things happen.

As I recall, you and the Film Guy were dismissing Lonzo and propping Fultz but I am good with it, jump on board!

I loved Lonzo, what in the world are you talking about?

GoldenThroat = the Film Guy

Lanny's always made unprovoked, disparaging remarks about me, about how I just teach 13-year olds what slip screens are, etc. It was actually my first motivation to take this more seriously, so I could someday shove in his face how I get to go to all of the Lakers practices/home games, get paid to do it, and have the respect of the Lakers organization and basketball community.

But I'm sure whatever job he has that makes him so unnecessarily aggro is great too.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Nw8z2olm0nGHC/source.gif

Sorry Film Guy but I don't live with my parents and probably make more than 10 times what you make.

Now don't get mad and suspend me again for a month just because I was right and you were wrong (again) OK?

TGIF and congratulations on all your success with your new gig!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Yes. Free points are the most efficient in the game. Couple that with fouls being a negative for the opponent, getting into the bonus situation is huge. That is what I have been more excited about the past 4-5 games with Randle, his ability to get to the line.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Sorry Film Guy but I don't live with my parents and probably make more than 10 times what you make.

Now don't get mad and suspend me again for a month just because I was right and you were wrong (again) OK?

Oh, I'm sure you do make plenty of money in some high-stress job that makes you act the way that you do. I make enough to pay my bills and I spend my time as a professional Laker fan now.

What's a Friday?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Me being called out for being down on Lonzo Ball is awesome, btw.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Oh, I'm sure you do make plenty of money in some high-stress job that makes you act the way that you do. I make enough to pay my bills and I spend my time as a professional Laker fan now.

What's a Friday?
GT living the dream.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I think his bad shooting at the FT lines makes him avoid getting there... if that makes sense. He's not going to focus on plays that would get him to the line as long as he can's shoot the thing.

Fix the FT shooting first imo and then he'll magically work on getting there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

"my Wells Fargo bank account..."

"make more than 10 times..."

Only on LG.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Well, you did argue with me about him being the best player in the country his senior year of high school ... but since then you’ve been on board
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

That off balance shovel pass back to KCP in the 3rd quarter for a triple against the Spurs was dope last night.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone remember those rumors that we were gonna trade the #2 pick for #5 and #10? Thank the lord almighty that it never came to fruition I think it was David Aldridge who reported the rumor.

I think that was Gadget who reported that one;)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Well, you did argue with me about him being the best player in the country his senior year of high school ... but since then you’ve been on board

Haha. Well, I hope I wasn't too ardent in my opinion on that. I don't exactly watch a ton of tape on HS guys. I thought Josh Jackson was the best HSl player that I saw that year.

College changes things for sure.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Haha. Well, I hope I wasn't too ardent in my opinion on that. I don't exactly watch a ton of tape on HS guys. I thought Josh Jackson was the best HSl player that I saw that year.

College changes things for sure.

You mentioned Jackson and Adebayo as better players and said Lonzo was really good but benefitted from the system. You didn’t say anything too definitive just wanted to remind you you weren’t first on the bandwagon (although you hopped on well before Lanny wants to believe).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think that was Gadget who reported that one;)

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
You mentioned Jackson and Adebayo as better players and said Lonzo was really good but benefitted from the system. You didn’t say anything too definitive just wanted to remind you you weren’t first on the bandwagon (although you hopped on well before Lanny wants to believe).

Are you sure I mentioned Adebayo? I don't remember ever watching Adebayo in HS. Are you sure that wasn't Mike? And are you sure I said he benefitted from the system? I may have said that Chino Hills was very unusual in terms of their style, but that's different. I definitely wasn't the first person on the bandwagon, I just don't remember saying those things.

After I dug into the tape on him at UCLA for the first time, I always maintained that he had the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but he was difficult to project because his style of play was so unusual. I had him #2 on my board behind Fultz, who I thought had a higher floor due to the more conventional nature of his game, but I looooooved Lonzo. I don't really form strong opinions on guys until I get into the tape on them, and with Lonzo that didn't happen until March or so. At no point after that have I not had an incredibly high opinion of him, even throughout the nonsense early on this season.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Are you sure I mentioned Adebayo? I don't remember ever watching Adebayo in HS. Are you sure that wasn't Mike? And are you sure I said he benefitted from the system? I may have said that Chino Hills was very unusual in terms of their style, but that's different. I definitely wasn't the first person on the bandwagon, I just don't remember saying those things.

After I dug into the tape on him at UCLA for the first time, I always maintained that he had the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but he was difficult to project because his style of play was so unusual. I had him #2 on my board behind Fultz, who I thought had a higher floor due to the more conventional nature of his game, but I looooooved Lonzo. I don't really form strong opinions on guys until I get into the tape on them, and with Lonzo that didn't happen until March or so. At no point after that have I not had an incredibly high opinion of him, even throughout the nonsense early on this season.

Yea it was you and yes you definitely credited the system. That’s where the heart of the debate started cause I thought they could’ve been even better than the great HS team they were with more defensive structure and better shot selection. You may have just mentioned Adebayo cause Lonzos team beat his and you were saying it was cause of the pace and style of chino opposed to talent, that part I don’t remember vividly.

That was just a little joke, I know you’ve been high on Lonzo although I may have argued about Fultz having a higher floor once or twice with you.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Yea it was you and yes you definitely credited the system. That’s where the heart of the debate started cause I thought they could’ve been even better than the great HS team they were with more defensive structure and better shot selection. You may have just mentioned Adebayo cause Lonzos team beat his and you were saying it was cause of the pace and style of chino opposed to talent, that part I don’t remember vividly.

That was just a little joke, I know you’ve been high on Lonzo although I may have argued about Fultz having a higher floor once or twice with you.

Oh, I remember that conversation now! I don't remember the part about thinking Adebayo was better, but I do remember watching that game. But what I remember is us debating the Chino Hills system (which I loved, and you didn't) rather than Lonzo's individual talent.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball = Penny Hardaway/Pete Maravich hybrid
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Oh, I remember that conversation now! I don't remember the part about thinking Adebayo was better, but I do remember watching that game. But what I remember is us debating the Chino Hills system (which I loved, and you didn't) rather than Lonzo's individual talent.

You may have said they were a more talented team and not that he was a better player, I don’t remember those details. But yes the main part of the argument was system based. I didn’t like how the two younger brothers left Lonzo, Scott and the other kid Lamelos age to do all the rebounding and defending while they went for do or die steals and cherry picked. I thought they took bad shots and resorted to DEEP 3s far too often. You thought the pace and use of the 3 allowed them to beat superior teams, I thought Lonzos talent did. I may have extrapolated too much about your opinion of Lonzo from that, my bad. I think we’re both leading the Lonzo bandwagon these days so none of that matters much now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 837 of 1688
Jump to: