Hot Rod The Movie

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Hot Rod The Movie

I have known about the project for a few months, and they recently released the trailer announcing the film will be released in the Spring of this year. It is a documentary about former Laker All Star Hot Rod Hundley. Growing up in West Virginia, Hot Rod Hundley was spoke about with deep reverence....on par with, if not more than his former college and Laker teammate Jerry West.

Most basketball fans know Hundley as the long time voice of the Jazz, and most Laker fans know he was also a former Laker player and broadcaster.....but before all of that he was the 2x All American that put WVU Basketball on the national map. Who knows if West, who was heavily recruited across the country, even chooses WVU if not for Hundley turning it into a national program. Although they were teammates @ WVU, West a was Freshman during Hundley's Senior season, they never shared the court until their Laker days due to rules not allowing Freshman to play varsity at that time. After Hundley graduated, (drafted by Cincinnati Royals; draft rights traded to Lakers), West went on to take WVU to a #1 AP Ranking and their first Final Four.

A famous conversation between Hundley and West standing in front of WVU Coliseum which was built directly after their era....

Hundley: "Jerry, I built this building"
West: "Yeah Rod, but I had to pay it off"

I have heard the game film put together for this movie is amazing....and if the stories I was told growing up are even remotely true....I think you will be surprised by Hot Rod's in game ball handling and antics!

Hot Rod The Movie Trailer
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting, adkindo, looking forward to seeing this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: