OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^My closing 5 would be:

LeBron
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Lonzo

Hart isn’t closing over Pg13.

My bad.

LeBron
Kuzma
PG14
Hart
Lonzo

Had to take Ingram out because Hart/Kuzma/PG14 are already legit spot up shooters, Zo and LeBron doing all of the playmaking. Ingram isn't as clean of a fit.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
defense wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ingram clearly has more potential to develop into an All Star than anyone currently on our roster.

I'd say him and Ball are on par. If I were a betting man I'd say they both achieve all star status.

That's because you haven't declared a Holy War against Lonzo.

Hard to understand why anyone would.. I know we balk at the eye test thing.. but you can just see it with this kid, even when the numbers said otherwise.

Might have something to do with Clarkson

or it could simply be viewing things similar to the majority....outside of the Laker bubble....few have the same opinions that the majority have on LG in regards to Ball's outcome as a player.....is it a Clarkson thing with all them also?

Maybe in the media. Amongst basketball people? Nope.

what basketball people? The people in LA and at Lakers practice? A lot of the people in the media are "basketball people".

It sit next to advanced scouts for other teams almost every game, but the beat writer for the Orlando Free Press Gazette Post says he's a bust so I guess he's a basketball person too.

more of these juvenile shots at me cause you have nothing of substance. I do not know what the "Orlando Free Press Gazette Post" is, but why are you taking shots at any form of media? Isn't that what you do now....cover a NBA team for a blog/website?

Just heard Tim Legler on NBA Radio today forecasting ball to be a role player/starter. Is Legler not a "basketball person"? I cannot think of anyone outside of the Lakers ecosystem that is anything beyond lukewarm to hopeful about the guy at best. It is clear to anyone that looks at your responses with any objectivity, all you have did is try to make it about me, and throw up ignorant strawman arguments.

Unless you have more than unnamed "basketball people" and weak shots at me....just keep making your videos and pushing your narrative...and leave me out of it.

I can't believe I missed this epic display of martyrdom.

FWIW- Chauncey and Paul Pierce both said last week they think Lonzo will be an AS in a few years. They also said Ingram will. TMac also says Zo's going to be a star.

And last month, on a "Player's Only" NBA TV broadcast, all of the players were raving about Lonzo- CWebb, GA, Isiash, McHale.

None of those guys are in the "Lakers bubble", so I guess the real question is, what sources are out there that are saying Lonzo will be a role player or a bust besides Tim Legler, who, btw, was raving about Lonzo earlier this year ?

Are there any actual players or ex-GMs that are down on Zo, or just bitter bloggers hoping to speak something into existence with hot takes?

There must be lots of examples, since you said "viewing things similar to the majority....outside of the Laker bubble....few have the same opinions that the majority have on LG in regards to Ball's outcome as a player". I can't wait to hear who's in this "majority".
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^My closing 5 would be:

LeBron
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Lonzo

My bad.

LeBron
Kuzma
PG14
Hart
Lonzo

Had to take Ingram out because Hart/Kuzma/PG14 are already legit spot up shooters, Zo and LeBron doing all of the playmaking. Ingram isn't as clean of a fit.

You been watching the last few games Mike ? BI's on his way. 3s and mid-range looking good, as well as decisions on when to dish for the most part.

It would be a great problem to have though- a tough time deciding which guys would be on the court to close due to having so much talent on the roster.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Hart won't be closing any games over Ingram.. lol
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^My closing 5 would be:

LeBron
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Lonzo

My bad.

LeBron
Kuzma
PG14
Hart
Lonzo

You been watching the last few games Mike ? BI's on his way. 3s and mid-range looking good, as well as decisions on when to dish for the most part.

It would be a great problem to have though- a tough time deciding which guys would be on the court to close due to having so much talent on the roster.

I've been watching. It's officially 3 games where BI has been playing this "Efficiency" role that he would excel at.

But I'd rather have Hart at 2, PG14 at 3. Hart can literally switch every position and is more comfortable shooting 3s with accuracy. Lower USG too, which I think is especially important next to Lonzo and LeBron.

It's not a knock on BI. It's just team fit/offense + defensive balance and efficiencies. There's a reason why the best scoring runs have been Ball, Clarkson, Hart as a 3-wing lineup, usually next to Kuzma and LNJ. I don't necessarily think it's because LNJ is playing 5 that's getting that lineup advantages. I think he's been playing more favorable matchups.

Simply put, guys like Zo, PG14, Kuzma can switch 2-3 positions each. Josh Hart and LeBron? 4. That's HUGE.

Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just dreaming about Lonzo/Pg13/BI defensively too. So much length and switching ability. Hopefully BI can continue with the jumper. Man. What a nice trio they would be.

Makes me think of the 96 Bulls. Harper, Worm, Jordan and Pip used to suffocate teams defensively. They switched everything. Their length cut of passing lanes and made post entry passes difficult. I think we can replicate some of that with Zo/PG13/BI/LBJ
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^My closing 5 would be:

LeBron
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Lonzo

My bad.

LeBron
Kuzma
PG14
Hart
Lonzo

I've been watching. It's officially 3 games where BI has been playing this "Efficiency" role that he would excel at.

But I'd rather have Hart at 2, PG14 at 3. Hart can literally switch every position and is more comfortable shooting 3s with accuracy. Lower USG too, which I think is especially important next to Lonzo and LeBron.

It's not a knock on BI. It's just team fit/offense + defensive balance and efficiencies. There's a reason why the best scoring runs have been Ball, Clarkson, Hart as a 3-wing lineup, usually next to Kuzma and LNJ. I don't necessarily think it's because LNJ is playing 5 that's getting that lineup advantages. I think he's been playing more favorable matchups.

Simply put, guys like Zo, PG14, Kuzma can switch 2-3 positions each. Josh Hart and LeBron? 4. That's HUGE.

I figured you'd been watching but wanted to make sure. There has been a steady rate of improvement in shooting and decision-making from BI dating back to the East Coast road trip that led up to the last 3 games.

Maybe the better way to phrase it would be if BI keeps improving at this current trajectory, would you still want Hart in over him to close games ?

And for the record, I love Hart. I just think BI is going to end up getting to a level where he'll be impossible to keep on the bench in crunchtime.

Side note- I feel like just as many if not more of our big runs lately have been fueled by the BI/Zo/KCP combo than by the bench, as JC has been inconsistent. It seems like the bench has been giving away big leads lately, although the group that closed the Spurs game was a starter (BI/Zo/KCP)/ bench (Kuz and LNJ) combo.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Ingram has already started showing some clutch gene. He's definitely going to be in the closing unit.His fit with Lebron will be fine as long as he can hit open shots, which he's been doing lately.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

The biggest change to Ingram has been his actual role; basically FAR FAR less Iso, more off-ball, more catch and shoot, some drive and kick.

Well, I think Hart is better than Ingram at 2 of the 3 categories, especially behind the arc. Besides, drive/kick is less necessary with LeBron, PG14, and Zo all on the floor.

Sidenote - the 1st major scoring run was with Hart. 15-0 if I remember correctly just from last night's game.

KCP didn't wake up until he had some very dumb TO in the the 3rd Q.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
PG13 is also 3x the defender that KCP is. Dude can switch 1-4, play the passing lanes and lock down some of the best perimeter players in the game.

You need to tell OKC that because he hasn’t been doing it lately. Sweet Lou lit him up as did Wiggins and Butler.

He wasn’t actually matched up against two of the three but ok.

He was against Lou and Wiggins and also Butler at times.

So when Lou dropped 50 against the Warriors, does that mean the Warriors need a new "SG?"

I don’t know, you brought it up so you tell us.

No. Your rationale is that Lou Will "lit" PG13 up (8-22, 26 points). BTW, Lou's January average was 33ppg, so OKC actually held him BELOW his average.

Well, then Lou "nuclear wasted" the Warriors up with 50 points on 16-27 shooting.

Well, not to mention the fact that Lou Williams plays a completely different position guarded by a completely different guy, and that Wiggins and Butler start at the same time so he'd have a lot of trouble guarding both guys.

Funny, so many comments by those who didn’t watch the game. George did guard Lou in the 4 th.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Interesting. I've been thrilled with Ingram over these last 3 games. I get your point regarding Hart, but I'd trade what Hart can do in exchange for Ingram's ball handling and greater versatility. I'm really encouraged by these last few games, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

There's little chance Lebron comes next year, and I don't even think he's a good fit for such a young team (either for him or us, rebuilding). PG makes more sense. And then we let the kids develop.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The biggest change to Ingram has been his actual role; basically FAR FAR less Iso, more off-ball, more catch and shoot, some drive and kick.

Well, I think Hart is better than Ingram at 2 of the 3 categories, especially behind the arc. Besides, drive/kick is less necessary with LeBron, PG14, and Zo all on the floor.

Sidenote - the 1st major scoring run was with Hart. 15-0 if I remember correctly just from last night's game.

I'll forgive you because I know Hart is your favorite player. However, you don't put Hart in over Ingram, especially not an Ingram with another year or two under his belt.

Think of it this way - lets say we had Tayshaun Prince and Jason Kidd on the team along with Kobe back in 2008, do you play Fisher in the 4th over Tayshaun Prince? Obviously, Kobe is better than George, but I also expect Ingram to be better than Prince. That illustrates the point. You play your best players, and with Ingram's length, he's going to have more defensive impact than Hart guarding either the 2 or the 3. And while Hart could be a better spot up shooter, Ingram already does everything else better and, in another year or two, should be even that much better than Hart on offense as well.

If you think Hart's going to be better in late games than Ingram, whether next to George or anyone else, then you might as well just trade Ingram now and create a better roster that doesn't force you to waste a key asset on the bench (like what we're doing with Randle). Having Ingram sit on the bench at the end of the games would just be a waste of resources that we could potentially swap into something we could use that's better than Hart. Of course, I don't agree with the notion of trading Ingram or that he should ever be benched in any situation, but those ideas would seem to be your perspective running to its ultimate conclusion.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I love Hart, and as of today, you're correct. I just think a year from now, given the phenomenal rate of improvement we've seen from BI over the last year, BI may be at an entirely different level.

Side note- fair enough, but they got their first big lead vs the Spurs with the starters, and then put the game out of reach with mostly the starters, same as in the ATL and Sac games.

Anyway- these are good problems to have- talking about all of our talented young players. We're a long way from summer 2013 when Howard the Coward left and we had no young assets.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Hart's currently Ingram's superior in what I can see right now - forcing turnovers (anticipating passes) and catch/shoot opportunities. The latter advantage is disappearing by the game, and in every other way (both defensively and offensively), Ingram is Hart's superior. I love Hart too, and think he could be a better version of D-Fish for us eventually... but he's still only a role player. You don't compare Ingram and Hart. They aren't on the same level now, and certainly won't be a year or two from now.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Hart's currently Ingram's superior in what I can see right now - forcing turnovers (anticipating passes) and catch/shoot opportunities. The latter advantage is disappearing by the game, and in every other way (both defensively and offensively), Ingram is Hart's superior. I love Hart too, and think he could be a better version of D-Fish for us eventually... but he's still only a role player. You don't compare Ingram and Hart. They aren't on the same level now, and certainly won't be a year or two from now.

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Interesting. I've been thrilled with Ingram over these last 3 games. I get your point regarding Hart, but I'd trade what Hart can do in exchange for Ingram's ball handling and greater versatility. I'm really encouraged by these last few games, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm also encouraged, but I don't look at it as just the last 3 games. I see these last 3 games as him hitting a new level, but it's a continuation of him getting incrementally, but steadily better with his shooting and decision-making since the East Coast road trip that ended with the Cleveland game.

That makes me feel like I'm not getting ahead of myself, as he started tweaking his game right around the time you and Omar first started voicing your valid concerns about how he was being developed, so he's been moving in this direction for a while.

Can't wait to see him hit another new level after the AS break.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's on a trajectory. It's like dam with holes. You plug one, and the pressure is displaced somewhere else to create a new hole. Ingram is slowly, but surely, plugging holes. I think his improvement ever since the second half of last season has been pretty steady.

As only a 20 year old, he's had a lot of impressive games this year -

10/20/17 @ PHO: 25 PTS (9/14), 2 RBD, 1 AST, 1 BLK, 1 STL
11/13/17 v PHI: 26 PTS (11/18), 11 RBD, 3 AST, 2 BLK
12/03/17 @ HOU: 18 PTS (7/16), 9 RBD, 5 AST, 1 STL
12/07/17 @ PHI: 21 PTS (7/21), 7 RBD, 6 AST, 1 BLK
12/14/17 @ CLE: 26 PTS (10/15), 6 RBD, 6 AST, 1 STL
12/18/17 v GSW: 19 PTS (6/12), 6 RBD, 6 AST, 2 BLK, 2 STL
01/05/18 v CHA: 22 PTS (10/18), 14 RBD, 4 AST
01/07/18 v ATL: 20 PTS (6/7), 1 RBD, 7 AST, 1 BLK
01/11/18 v SAS: 26 PTS (11/21), 3 RBD, 3 AST, 1 STL

There are a number of other games I could reasonably add to that list. Looking at last year's games, even the one against San Antonio (where he only had 22 PTS (10/15), 2 RBD, 0 AST, 1 BLK) doesn't even stand out now. He's definitely taken himself to another level this year. In any case, I think he's had enough impressive games at this point that you don't call these "flashes" any more. You just call them the bar, and ask that he more consistently meets it. I think we now can expect him to be what he want him to be, and, thus, we also shouldn't be that surprised if he eventually becomes it.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I'm also encouraged, but I don't look at it as just the last 3 games. I see these last 3 games as him hitting a new level, but it's a continuation of him getting incrementally, but steadily better with his shooting and decision-making since the East Coast road trip that ended with the Cleveland game.

That makes me feel like I'm not getting ahead of myself, as he started tweaking his game right around the time you and Omar first started voicing your valid concerns about how he was being developed, so he's been moving in this direction for a while.

Can't wait to see him hit another new level after the AS break.

Incremental, good term to describe his development.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BI & Zo have been playing with so much confidence lately. They are developing an understanding of each other's game, looking for one another for open threes. This is what happens when young guys get the full backing of their organization. Sadly, BI, Ball, and Kuz are the only ones getting endorsed by the FO.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
BI & Zo have been playing with so much confidence lately. They are developing an understanding of each other's game, looking for one another for open threes. This is what happens when young guys get the full backing of their organization. Sadly, BI, Ball, and Kuz are the only ones getting endorsed by the FO.

I'm hoping Hart stays under the radar so no one asks for him before the trade deadline. Even though I believe he's already making a name for himself. Maybe it's best they only endorse the aforementioned.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I'm hoping Hart stays under the radar so no one asks for him before the trade deadline. Even though I believe he's already making a name for himself. Maybe it's best they only endorse the aforementioned.

I don't see them letting go of Hart. He's a bargain and improving monthly.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I don't see them letting go of Hart. He's a bargain and improving monthly.

I don't see it either.. but anything is possible if the right offer is presented.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Hart should start playing more minutes. I think he’s a solid role player and hopefully the Lakers just don’t throw him on any deal. I agree, he does not need to be endorse, he need to stay under the radar for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 893 of 1885
Jump to: