OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Minnesota probably countered with Wiggins

T-Wolves would trade Wiggins for Griffin in a second.

Safe to say Wiggins isn't the next T-Mac? I wouldn't trade Ingram for Wiggins and Wiggins is currently the better player. Not for long I suspect.

I've always said he seems to be a longer Jerry Stackhouse. I don't see the generational talent that some were saying.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Whatever happens in the offseason, I hope we don't change the identity of this team, but add to it. Defense and Transition. In that, we should have guards that push the ball and create havoc and turnovers, have versatility in our 5 to switch at will and have shot blockers to protect the rim from easy drives. Sure we need to add the 3ball, but not by creating weakening our strengths.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

1 thing we have learned so far:

The Clippers aren't shy or afraid of blowing the team up despite the fact they are within striking distance of climbing to the 5-8 seed. if we can somehow give them Randle/Clarkson + sweeteners for Griffin we should jump all over it but then you realize that the Clippers won't help us get to another level.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

This place is beyond silly!
The dude 2.0 4.0 or 6.0 has ruined this site.
I have been reading this forum for years, and now all i have to do is look at the messages without the name of the author even showing and know who has made the most passive-aggressive moronic, and ridiculous posts!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
I have been reading this forum for years, and now all i have to do is look at the messages without the name of the author even showing and know who has made the most passive-aggressive moronic, and ridiculous posts!

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Best post since 2.0 called Luke a "fascist liar."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

He's saying those things now, but once we become a dynasty we will all become as 1
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

He's saying those things now, but once we become a dynasty we will all become as 1

Best post of 2.0's was when he got banned, came back on a burner account and cursed everyone out. I wish I knew what was said, but the comments were quickly deleted. 😂
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I don't think we should look at the Cavs losses as "LeBron coming to the Lakers" but more so a chance to sucker them into giving up their Nets pick for a package like Lopez,Clarkson, and Nance or something that the Cavs could or would need to even out their roster and fill in the holes of their team.

We'd have to take Thompson and Frye off their hands. But at the same time if they were willing to part with their Nets pick if they fell into a bad enough spot if they keep free falling we may catch them in a desperate moment.

Long shot for sure. But if we could land the Nets pick and had to part with Lopez, Clarkson and Nance but had to take Thompson off their hands we probably take that.

It would take more free falling from Cleveland to do that kind of deal. But each loss puts them potentially closer to that kind of desperation.

I cannot see Cleveland trading that pick without knowing exactly what LeBron is going to do. If LeBron leaves this summer, whether for LA or Houston, Cleveland could, should, and would go into full rebuild by trading everyone of value for picks. Maybe sign and trade Isiah somewhere.

Obviously we should do that type of deal but Cleveland is not even going to consider that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Just to be crystal clear, Minnesota wouldn't trade KAT to the Clippers even if the Clippers gave them their entire roster and even if they could somehow fit that under their cap LOL.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

1. Mussolini
2. Hitler
3. Luke
4. Tojo

pretty sure that is how most would rank the historical icons of fascism
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Hey hey hey!
I don't think his posts are passive aggressive!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
I don't think we should look at the Cavs losses as "LeBron coming to the Lakers" but more so a chance to sucker them into giving up their Nets pick for a package like Lopez,Clarkson, and Nance or something that the Cavs could or would need to even out their roster and fill in the holes of their team.

We'd have to take Thompson and Frye off their hands. But at the same time if they were willing to part with their Nets pick if they fell into a bad enough spot if they keep free falling we may catch them in a desperate moment.

Long shot for sure. But if we could land the Nets pick and had to part with Lopez, Clarkson and Nance but had to take Thompson off their hands we probably take that.

It would take more free falling from Cleveland to do that kind of deal. But each loss puts them potentially closer to that kind of desperation.

I cannot see Cleveland trading that pick without knowing exactly what LeBron is going to do. If LeBron leaves this summer, whether for LA or Houston, Cleveland could, should, and would go into full rebuild by trading everyone of value for picks. Maybe sign and trade Isiah somewhere.

Obviously we should do that type of deal but Cleveland is not even going to consider that.

I don't see them giving up Thompson and the Brooklyn pick for a package of Lopez, Nance and Clarkson. (One report said they already resisted the Clippers offer of DeAndre Jordan for it.) Paul George is the only player that the Cavs seem ready to give up for the pick for at this point.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Would be crazy for Cavs to lose Kyrie and then LeBron in consecutive years.
That's worse than Harden and KD.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames 13m

Man just landed back in Cleveland and I have to say in the 29 years I've lived here this is the coldest I've felt it! Sheesh the hawk is out and he ain't playing around! Burrrrrr!!! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Oh crap. He's coming to sunny southern California!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Hey hey hey!
I don't think his posts are passive aggressive!

Yeah more like my posts are full of energy and positive.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Minnesota probably countered with Wiggins

T-Wolves would trade Wiggins for Griffin in a second.

Safe to say Wiggins isn't the next T-Mac? I wouldn't trade Ingram for Wiggins and Wiggins is currently the better player. Not for long I suspect.

I've always said he seems to be a longer Jerry Stackhouse. I don't see the generational talent that some were saying.

Never was impressed with his bball IQ, playmaking, or handles. Now his motor and defense are terrible.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Would be crazy for Cavs to lose Kyrie and then LeBron in consecutive years.
That's worse than Harden and KD.

That's why they are in a really difficult spot with that Nets pick. Can you give up what is slated to be the #9 pick in a deep draft for a potential rental? I mean, if you knew you could get LeBron to re-up and also get PG to re-up, it's a no-brainer; you'd do that all day long. But OKC may not trade him at all (I don't think they will, as we've discussed in relation to the Lakers), and I just don't see them giving up a pick that valuable unless the player they got back has multiple years left on his deal.

But maybe they really are that desperate to take one final swing at a title and you never know if Gilbert will blink and figure that he might never be in a position to win a ring ever again. It's unlikely, but you never know.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't really want Lebron.

But if we do get him it better be on a multi year deal. He holds organizations captive.
His teams always struggle in January right before the trade deadline. Trying to force the issue to his FO to make a move.

I don't want to be having to go through every year where our FO has to go all out to make a contender in fear of Lebron leaving. Screw that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of LeBron, I will keep a eye on the Cavs and their intentions involving the Brooklyn pick... that might tell us what happens to LeBron and his future in Cleveland.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

The best was "Why do I post? Because I have hands!"

I think that was over 10 years ago.
AJChang617
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

Kat for Griffin is ok

Last edited by AJChang617 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
AJChang617
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I figured that once West/Frank took over from Doc/Frank that they would try to get out from that Griffin contract.

Yet 4 months back they r the people that gave him the contract.

Last edited by AJChang617 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:

It's just a process of elimination.

The first question is which teams have the cap space to sign Paul George to a max contract

L.A. Lakers, Chicago Bulls, and Indiana Pacers. And that's it as things currently stand. Dallas, Atlanta, Sacramento, and Philadelphia could potentially open up enough cap space with some moves but no other team outside of those 7 are a contenders to steal George away as a free agent. The only remote competition the Lakers have for George of those seven is Philadelphia.

The second question is what teams have a chance to trade for Paul George at the deadline?

OKC is going to demand expiring contracts because if they aren't emptying their accounts for George then they sure won't be doing it for lesser players. So what teams have enough expiring salary to make a legal trade for George?

L.A. Lakers (Caldwell-Pope or Brewer+Randle+Filler) Atlanta (Bellinelli+Ilyasova+Filler), Houston (Paul), Dallas (McRoberts, Harris or Noel), Utah (Favors or Johnson+Filler), Philadelphia (Redick or Johnson/Booker+Filler), Phoenix (Monroe), Chicago (Mirotic or Poindexter), San Antonio (Parker+Filler), and Cleveland (Thomas+Frye+Filler)

Obviously Houston won't trade Paul and I choose to believe that San Antonio has too much respect for Parker to trade him. Cleveland may have the confidence to gamble on George but reportedly refuse to trade Brooklyn's 1st which would be necessary for OKC to play along. So once again our only real competition for George is from Philadelphia.

You are ignoring teams who can make deals to open up cap space. GS didn’t have the cap space to sign Durant.

I did address teams that could open the necessary cap space with small moves. Those teams are Philadelphia, Dallas, Atlanta, and Chicago. We'll see how things shake out after the trade deadline and then further on when we find out which players are opting into their contracts (I expect most probably will) but right now I wouldn't project any other team to be within $15 million of having enough room to offer George his max. Any you can think of VLF?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames 13m

Man just landed back in Cleveland and I have to say in the 29 years I've lived here this is the coldest I've felt it! Sheesh the hawk is out and he ain't playing around! Burrrrrr!!! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Oh crap. He's coming to sunny southern California!

Now this is what I call passive aggressive lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 446 of 2680
Jump to: