OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 897, 898, 899 ... 1111, 1112, 1113  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59507
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
would you START LeBron at center?

Lonzo
Hart
George
Kuzma
Lebron


Certainly, this would be one hell of a death lineup. But I think a year from now, BI will be too good to bench for Hart.


Nah. I wouldn't start LeBron at 5. It would probably be:

Center
LeBron
Ingram
PG14
Lonzo

... To start.

As for BI being too good to bench, everyone is making the comparison to Hart. The comparison really, is to LeBron, PG14, Lonzo. Those are the guys that are superceding Ingram with playmaking, half-court creation. So, unless BI goes bananas with off-ball ability, keeps up his level of passing, shoots more effectively behind the arc, and switches better defensively, then, does it even matter?

Once the focus goes away from PPG, and more into APG, RPG, STLPG, BPG, where does Ingram fit in that? Josh Hart is pretty darn similar in most of the categories (sans APG since he's a shooter, not creator), but on 10% less overall USG with better rebounding. Shrug.

Am I the only one that seems to notice a MUCH higher frequency of transition opportunities when there's a 3-guard lineup of either KCP or JC, then Hart and Lonzo, since both Hart and Lonzo rebound like forwards anyway?
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7274
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Also, Lebron isn't coming here.

_________________
If Lebron-haters are going to keep posting on LG while hoping he fails to bring success to the Lakers, they better be prepared to get clowned until their tear ducts run dry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82036
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
would you START LeBron at center?

Lonzo
Hart
George
Kuzma
Lebron


Certainly, this would be one hell of a death lineup. But I think a year from now, BI will be too good to bench for Hart.


Nah. I wouldn't start LeBron at 5. It would probably be:

Center
LeBron
Ingram
PG14
Lonzo

... To start.

As for BI being too good to bench, everyone is making the comparison to Hart. The comparison really, is to LeBron, PG14, Lonzo. Those are the guys that are superceding Ingram with playmaking, half-court creation. So, unless BI goes bananas with off-ball ability, keeps up his level of passing, shoots more effectively behind the arc, and switches better defensively, then, does it even matter?

Once the focus goes away from PPG, and more into APG, RPG, STLPG, BPG, where does Ingram fit in that? Josh Hart is pretty darn similar in most of the categories (sans APG since he's a shooter, not creator), but on 10% less overall USG with better rebounding. Shrug.

Am I the only one that seems to notice a MUCH higher frequency of transition opportunities when there's a 3-guard lineup of either KCP or JC, then Hart and Lonzo, since both Hart and Lonzo rebound like forwards anyway?


Agreed
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
would you START LeBron at center?

Lonzo
Hart
George
Kuzma
Lebron


Certainly, this would be one hell of a death lineup. But I think a year from now, BI will be too good to bench for Hart.


Nah. I wouldn't start LeBron at 5. It would probably be:

Center
LeBron
Ingram
PG14
Lonzo

... To start.

As for BI being too good to bench, everyone is making the comparison to Hart. The comparison really, is to LeBron, PG14, Lonzo. Those are the guys that are superceding Ingram with playmaking, half-court creation. So, unless BI goes bananas with off-ball ability, keeps up his level of passing, shoots more effectively behind the arc, and switches better defensively, then, does it even matter?

Once the focus goes away from PPG, and more into APG, RPG, STLPG, BPG, where does Ingram fit in that? Josh Hart is pretty darn similar in most of the categories (sans APG since he's a shooter, not creator), but on 10% less overall USG with better rebounding. Shrug.

Am I the only one that seems to notice a MUCH higher frequency of transition opportunities when there's a 3-guard lineup of either KCP or JC, then Hart and Lonzo, since both Hart and Lonzo rebound like forwards anyway?


Agreed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3865
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

Highly doubt Lebron comes.. Even if he does Ingram won't be a sixth man or sitting out crunch time minutes in the 4th.

Coaching staff would never do it..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5528

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
would you START LeBron at center?

Lonzo
Hart
George
Kuzma
Lebron


Certainly, this would be one hell of a death lineup. But I think a year from now, BI will be too good to bench for Hart.


Nah. I wouldn't start LeBron at 5. It would probably be:

Center
LeBron
Ingram
PG14
Lonzo

... To start.

As for BI being too good to bench, everyone is making the comparison to Hart. The comparison really, is to LeBron, PG14, Lonzo. Those are the guys that are superceding Ingram with playmaking, half-court creation. So, unless BI goes bananas with off-ball ability, keeps up his level of passing, shoots more effectively behind the arc, and switches better defensively, then, does it even matter?

Once the focus goes away from PPG, and more into APG, RPG, STLPG, BPG, where does Ingram fit in that? Josh Hart is pretty darn similar in most of the categories (sans APG since he's a shooter, not creator), but on 10% less overall USG with better rebounding. Shrug.

Am I the only one that seems to notice a MUCH higher frequency of transition opportunities when there's a 3-guard lineup of either KCP or JC, then Hart and Lonzo, since both Hart and Lonzo rebound like forwards anyway?


If Ingram can shoot effectively, I don't see what advantage Hart would have over him. Ingram's length poses more mismatch problems for the defense. Ingram is the better ball handler, passer, and scorer. And with a reduced offensive load, I think we'll see more defensive consistency from Ingram as well.

If the Lakers had an offense centered around ball movement rather that just Lebron drive/kicks, then Ingram's passing ability will still be an important asset despite there being other playmakers higher on the totem pole. Ingram projects to average 5-6 assists in his prime. His passing has developed noticably within the season already.

Finally. with George at the 2 and Ingram at the 3, Lakers will have a size mismatch on the wing against most teams. There are many SGs that can't defend George/Ingram.

I like Hart, and I see him as a starting caliber player down the line. But if Ingram is hitting threes, I just can't envision a scenario where Hart is the better fit. Ingram is becoming a very well rounded player and would thrive in a role player role imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59507
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:

If Ingram can shoot effectively, I don't see what advantage Hart would have over him


Defensive switching from PF to PG. Ingram doesn't do this at the level of Josh Hart.

Quote:
Ingram's length poses more mismatch problems for the defense. Ingram is the better ball handler, passer, and scorer. And with a reduced offensive load, I think we'll see more defensive consistency from Ingram as well.


So, where is his ball-handling when LeBron, Lonzo, PG14 will be doing the majority of that? Where's his scoring when, once again, it's LeBron, PG14 on the floor? Why do I have to wait for defensive consistency when Josh Hart is already there?

Quote:
Ingram's passing ability will still be an important asset despite there being other playmakers higher on the totem pole. Ingram projects to average 5-6 assists in his prime. His passing has developed noticably within the season already.


I don't deny that Ingram has shown considerable improvement in the past few games with drive kick and swing passing. But I don't think fans recognize Josh Hart with hit aheads or even the corner 3ball pass when he's tertiary playmaking in PnR. Where I think Ingram reads the floor like he's reading progressions like a QB, Hart is quicker to find the open man and hit him with the pass. It's weird noticing when Ingram doesn't pass more than 10-15' of distance, yet Hart, when he gets the rare opportunity, has no issues passing crosscourt.

Quote:

Finally. with George at the 2 and Ingram at the 3, Lakers will have a size mismatch on the wing against most teams. There are many SGs that can't defend George/Ingram.


Where does Ingram get these offensive opportunities when you've already got LeBron and PG14 being those offensive mismatches anyway?

Quote:
But if Ingram is hitting threes


Once again. Why are we waiting for Ingram when Josh is already there? He's been working on that 3ball since last summer. In November, he dropped to 18% behind the arc, still fixing it.

In December? 42%
In January so far? 38%

How long before he just becomes a 40% 3pt shooter for a season? We can't just say "oh, he's been getting hot for a couple months" either, because his PT is inconsistent and totally erratic. Yet, he comes in, knocking down shots.

Role players tend to be specialists, not really versatile players. Guys like Lamar Odom are rare cases, but he still facilitated to Kobe and Pau. Well, I don't think we need an Odom if Lonzo is already facilitating to PG14 and LeBron, as if PG14 and LeBron wouldn't create shots for others anyway.

I don't know man. I think people see Josh Hart and see he averages 1 assist per game, but the dude isn't hogging shots, doesn't really take bad ones at all, rarely turns it over, moves the ball on offense, and even helps initiate fast breaks. I just think you need a guy like that around a core of superstar players.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1493

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59507
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59507
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5292
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


Damn right it is. What's this rush to sell Brandon Ingram? It's like, "Let's hurry and sell him before the fans realize how good he's becoming and now we're stuck with this guy for the next decade."

Is Paul George better than BI? Yes. But has BI shown enough flashes to think he can be just as good as PG someday? Definitely. Can he be better than Paul George? There's a chance.

If we were to put BI on the trading block, 29 teams would call us back immediately looking to fleece us. If we trade BI for a couple of shooter who can compliment Lebron and Paul George, history will show we lost the trade. If BI ended up on a team like San Antonio, with their philosophies, shooting coach, and player development it's possible we will regret trading him for years to come.

I know BI isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel he doesn't quite get the respect he deserves either. Is Lonzo the better player? Yes he is. But since Lonzo's return, BI & Zo have developed this nice chemistry. Nothing fancy, but they do find each other for the open shot. They both are encouraging each other to shoot, and it's paying off for them and for us as Lakers fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BrokenLaker
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Ingram is #14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5292
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Treasonous. BI has strung together some pretty good games and is playing really well with Lonzo. He's only 20, but let's trade him for Danny Green or Kyle Korver. 🙄
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59507
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

BrokenLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Ingram is #14


PG13.1 Let's just make it a half-marathon number.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Treasonous. BI has strung together some pretty good games and is playing really well with Lonzo. He's only 20, but let's trade him for Danny Green or Kyle Korver. 🙄

I mean...

Ball
Green
PG14
Kuzma
Lebron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GP1_KB24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 708

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

I can't believe Laker fans in general aren't higher on B.I. He has the highest ceiling of anyone on our team. Love the kid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
BrokenLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Ingram is #14


PG13.1 Let's just make it a half-marathon number.

Ingram can just change to #15 or something. He'll be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5292
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Treasonous. BI has strung together some pretty good games and is playing really well with Lonzo. He's only 20, but let's trade him for Danny Green or Kyle Korver. 🙄

I mean...

Ball
Green
PG14
Kuzma
Lebron


Parker
Leonard
Ingram
LA
Gasol

Pop and some no name over-achievers...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Treasonous. BI has strung together some pretty good games and is playing really well with Lonzo. He's only 20, but let's trade him for Danny Green or Kyle Korver. 🙄

I mean...

Ball
Green
PG14
Kuzma
Lebron


Parker
Leonard
Ingram
LA
Gasol

Pop and some no name over-achievers...

Green helps the Spurs win more this season than Ingram, so I'm not concerned about that lineup. But pairing Leonard and BI together for the next 5-8 seasons under Pop's tutelage would be pretty sick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJChang617
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 202

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Need him to take 5 3pointers today. Rest is fine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13198

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

If he keeps playing like he has, he won't be going anywhere. 3-ball is key.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5292
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Calling George PG14 is so disrespectful .


No it's not. Wilt's number is retired.

Speak it into existence! PG14


Exactly.


Treasonous. BI has strung together some pretty good games and is playing really well with Lonzo. He's only 20, but let's trade him for Danny Green or Kyle Korver. 🙄

I mean...

Ball
Green
PG14
Kuzma
Lebron


Parker
Leonard
Ingram
LA
Gasol

Pop and some no name over-achievers...

Green helps the Spurs win more this season than Ingram, so I'm not concerned about that lineup. But pairing Leonard and BI together for the next 5-8 seasons under Pop's tutelage would be pretty sick.


I like how we can meet each other halfway on this discussion. 😁 Both teams would benefit in this very hypothetical situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

20 years old with big upside.

I would be shocked if he isn't a Laker for at least the next 10 years.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36941

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

This is his best stretch as a pro.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 897, 898, 899 ... 1111, 1112, 1113  Next
Page 898 of 1113
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB