Kobe Bryant, ESPN team to produce NBA Analysis series

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant, ESPN team to produce NBA Analysis series

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-espn-detail-nba-analysis-15-episode-series-lakers/20yl76awwf4r1s3iyjddt2ag8

Quote:
Kobe Bryant, ESPN team to produce NBA analysis series

Kobe Bryant will team with ESPN to produce a basketball analysis show called "Detail," starring the longtime Lakers great and produced by his Granity Studios, ESPN announced Friday at the Television Critics Association Press Tour.

The 15-episode series will premiere in March on ESPN and provide "insights from one of the greatest players of all time," the network said in a news release that included a synopsis of the series' goal:

"In 'Detail,' viewers will experience unparalleled game observations from Bryant as if he were one of the players featured in an ESPN game played the day before. As one of this generation’s leading basketball minds, Bryant will provide a perspective aimed at helping young athletes, players and coaches see the game in a different way.

“Studying game film is how the best get better. It’s the university for a master’s degree in basketball,” Bryant said in a statement. “I learned how to study film from the best coaches of all time — Phil Jackson and Tex Winter. Detail provides an opportunity to teach that skill to the next generation on large platform with ESPN.”

"Detail" will air during the second half of the 2017-2018 NBA season, concluding with the NBA Finals. According to ESPN, the show is aimed at young athletes, current NBA players and coaches looking for deeper analysis of an athlete’s in-game execution.

This marks the third project for Bryant’s Granity Studios and ESPN. During the 2016-17 NBA season, Bryant's company produced a limited run of "Canvas City" that aired on ESPN’s "NBA Countdown" show. This season, the studio has provided short packages called "MuseCage Basketball Network." ESPN has aired two of its 10-episode commitment.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Oh helll yeah. It'd be great if they had Kobe interview guys and go over game tape with them the way John Gruden does.

Kobe: "You had only 2 guys on you, why'd you pass the ball?!" Lol.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

This comment had me rolling. Well played!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I hope the ratings are actually good for this and ESPN doesn't pull it after two seasons. Most people unfortunately are more into frill than an actual in-depth analysis.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see some decent basketball analysis on ESPN
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Oh helll yeah. It'd be great if they had Kobe interview guys and go over game tape with them the way John Gruden does.

jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I think this is a great idea. Cant wait to watch it.

I wish Kobe would just join the Lakers staff already... even if its just on a part time basis
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

No idea how they didn't call the show "Execute."
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

finally a reason to start watching espn
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

KobeFilmRoom

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

Executing the Challenge
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KobeFilmRoom

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code

January 12, 2018

Mike LG

Dear Mr. Mike:

This law firm represents Golden Throat. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.

We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of Laker Film Room© infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to

CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Golden Throat is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of Laker Film Room©. Under United States copyright law, Golden Throat’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that Laker Film Room© was created. All copyrightable aspects of Laker Film Room© are copyrighted under United States copyright law.

It has come to our attention that you have been copying Laker Film Room©. We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”

We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of Laker Film Room© and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Golden Throat’s copyrighted works.

If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Golden Throat is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Golden Throat has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.

Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days. Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days to

Goldenthroat ( a t ) brazzers.com
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I had to squint at that e-mail address.

jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KobeFilmRoom

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND

January 12, 2018

Mike LG

Dear Mr. Mike:

This law firm represents Golden Throat. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.

We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of Laker Film Room© infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to

Golden Throat is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of Laker Film Room©. Under United States copyright law, Golden Throat’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that Laker Film Room© was created. All copyrightable aspects of Laker Film Room© are copyrighted under United States copyright law.

It has come to our attention that you have been copying Laker Film Room©. We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”

We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of Laker Film Room© and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Golden Throat’s copyrighted works.

If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Golden Throat is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Golden Throat has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.

Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days. Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days to

Goldenthroat -at- brazzers.com

El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe straight up coming for GT's job.

Seriously though I'm excited as hell for this. I basically get amped for anything Kobe related. I counted down days until Muse premiered and hated when it got pushed back. Ironically his interview with Ahmad Rashad ended up being better, but hey...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KobeFilmRoom

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND

January 12, 2018

Mike LG

Dear Mr. Mike:

Goldenthroat AT brazzers.com

Damn
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

Executing in the Muse Cage.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

Unless Kobe is gonna slander the Lakers, talk bad about players or interview Lavar Ball, his show won't last a full season. Expert analysis is not what they want. They want sensationalism. We all know, Kobe ain't about the BS so, we will see. Good luck Kobe, I will be watching.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

tbh, when I see Knicks Film Room or Clipper Film Room on my twitter TL, I kind of get mad.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Gotta admit first thing I thought of when I saw this was LakerFilmRoom with Kobe's insights on the game.

This should be an interesting series for actual basketball fans. The 'fans' who crave controversy can use the break from TV to go eat plain pizza and gossip and do whatever else idiots do. I'm real curious to check this out. A very rare Kudos to ESPN for airing this.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

https://www.wthr.com/article/peyton-manning-set-appear-new-espn-show

Quote:
Peyton Manning set to appear on new ESPN show

(WTHR) — Pretty soon you'll be able to watch Peyton Manning on the small screen again. He's got a new gig writing and hosting a for new show called "Detail" that will be on streaming service ESPN Plus.

The show is a film study series produced by Kobe Bryant's Granity Studios.

The football legend will break down NFL film on the eight-episode series. Bryant will break down NBA film on the show, and a UFC edition is also expected in the future.

Bryant told ESPN Manning was his first choice to after deciding to expand the show to the NFL. "The next generation of football players will learn first-hand how one of the greatest players of all time objectively breaks down a game. It's the ultimate film session for anyone who wants to learn and improve."

Manning's first episode will be available Thursday. He'll look at rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's performance when the Arizona Cardinals played the Minnesota Vikings last week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: