The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1288, 1289, 1290 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fair enough. I’ve been around long enough to know that different people approach things in different ways. Magic was extremely different than Kareem. Guys have their own habits, I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Julius doesn't even get hyped for his own dunks.

Popovich said about Julius what we should all take into account. He said Julius was the rare kind of player that was over themselves and very coachable.

I've never seen Julius really hyped up about anything spectacular. He got hyped when Metta had a great final game for the Lakers and he was animated when he was telling Chandler but he pretty much has always seemed like a guy who doesn't get too high or low and always has a pissed disposition.

Him standing with his teammates and clapping during Nance's dunk is him reacting how he always reacts. Now if Randle was Robert Sacre'ing for everyone else but just was muted when Nance did something then I'd be worried. But I think it was just Jules being Jules.

This.

He's never really animated

He seemed to be more animated in previous years. I remember him yelling, "You can't guard me!" to Draymond early in his career.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fair enough. I’ve been around long enough to know that different people approach things in different ways. Magic was extremely different than Kareem. Guys have their own habits, I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Julius doesn't even get hyped for his own dunks.

Popovich said about Julius what we should all take into account. He said Julius was the rare kind of player that was over themselves and very coachable.

I've never seen Julius really hyped up about anything spectacular. He got hyped when Metta had a great final game for the Lakers and he was animated when he was telling Chandler but he pretty much has always seemed like a guy who doesn't get too high or low and always has a pissed disposition.

Him standing with his teammates and clapping during Nance's dunk is him reacting how he always reacts. Now if Randle was Robert Sacre'ing for everyone else but just was muted when Nance did something then I'd be worried. But I think it was just Jules being Jules.

This.

He's never really animated

He seemed to be more animated in previous years. I remember him yelling, "You can't guard me!" to Draymond early in his career.

"He can't guard me." Preseason 2015, San Diego Sports Arena.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

I see you, Jules
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

He’s auditioning for...both teams.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

JR = The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

He actually smiled after his putback off Lonzo's miss and semi celebrated.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Come on Cuban, Randle is better than any big you have.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Audition complete. Rumors are that it was a success.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

His consistency is maddening
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Please Cuban go for it, mold him into a star
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Come on Cuban, Randle is better than any big you have.

Cuban very well could give an offer sheet
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Audition complete. Rumors are that it was a success.

Sauces?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

mans took us on a beautiful adventure
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
His consistency is maddening

He's been way more consistent this year than some of you are giving him credit for being.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Jules has done everything thus far to accomplish that.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.

You're asking people to move on from the plan our FO has for us. You know how dumb that sounds?

And I'm one of the biggest fans of Randle here. I don't want him traded.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Delete

Last edited by Beir32 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

You're asking people to move on from the plan our FO has for us. You know how dumb that sounds?

Hasn't the front office even backed off of the two max plan? I could have sworn Magic said something about possibly going after only one Max player this off season and seeing how things play out from there.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

so nice gotta say it twice
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

Hasn't the front office even backed off of the two max plan? I could have sworn Magic said something about possibly going after only one Max player this off season and seeing how things play out from there.

He's trying to lower expectations but JC, Randle, and even Nance are all in trade rumors. You trade JC, you have space for two max contracts. Coincidence?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Haha. I'm a caveman on this iPad.

Also I'm not hating on Randle it's just frustrating. If someone would ask me to discribe his career thus far I'd show them the stat line from the last three games.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I think we all love us some Julius, but these are the kind of tough decisions a team has to make with so many young players. It's difficult for me to see him as our PF of the future given his lack of shooting, shot creation, and low bball IQ. Kuzma only made the decision that much easier. I'd love him coming off the bench but I doubt he would accept that role long term, hence why I feel we should sell high.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
He’s auditioning for...both teams.

Agreed. I also believe the rumors of his Laker demise are exaggerated. Could still go that route but at various stages Bryant, Luke, Jeannie, Worthy, Scott and even Magic to some degree have dotted on Randle. He doesn't negatively impact the cap plan b/c they can just rescind his rights if need be. If he improves in a couple areas he's also a great compliment to a staring unit with Zo, Bron and George.

The Noel deal (especially given the $5M free agency limit) doesn't make any sense unless LA is desperate to move off other salary. If that's Deng, cost of doing business. Cuban wants that to be JC. Laughable. Woj trying to play it up b/c he's become a Telenovela since joining ESPN. Lakers allow the narrative to be things broke off because Noel had surgery to avoid saying anything negative about a RP client, such as they don't like the value proposition. Remember the surgery was elected by Noel and something of a surprise to Dallas. Doesn't sound like RP was Lakers or bust for his client.

It's interesting. Many of the games where I feel like Randle is just messing up I look back and see he actually had a pretty good game, at least statistically. Maybe it's just that the negative things (charges, illegal screens, turnover-passes, slow reads, frustration fouls, reluctance to shoot) are really loud and make it harder to appreciate the stuff he is awesome at (rebounding, situational intensity, changing ends, heart, imposing himself physically, sure I'm missing some other stuff).
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

I’d love to keep Randle, but I suspect if anyone offers us a 1st round pick, he’s gone. The uncertainty of having to match an unknown restricted FA contract or face losing him for nothing will be too great.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Haha. I'm a caveman on this iPad.

Also I'm not hating on Randle it's just frustrating. If someone would ask me to discribe his career thus far I'd show them the stat line from the last three games.

truuuuu

but you could probably describe his career in 1 word tho

VIOLENCE

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1288, 1289, 1290 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1289 of 1536
Jump to: