The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1290, 1291, 1292 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell

Verified account

@LakersReporter
5m5 minutes ago
More
Carlisle on Julius Randle: “He was tremendous. I know he is a local kid. It is the best I have seen him play in person. He has had some okay games against us but never one like this. He started the game 5-5 and I thought his start to the game put us on our heels.”

How do we file a tampering charge guise?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Trading for Noel makes absolutely no sense to me.

Glad it’s not up to you then.

Why should we want to trade for him? Always hurt, reputation for being lazy, poor offensively, and wants to be paid. How does that help us?

To get rid of a player who is lazy, disgruntled, poor defensively, low BBIQ and wants to get paid?

Easy...we can walk away from Noel at the end of the season if things don’t work out, we will be stuck paying Randle.

If thats how the FO sees him they can let him walk famalam wym

Julius seems to be playing hard.
Bball IQ? I don't know.

But one critique in today's game: he does not seem to handle the double teams well at this time. It's like he never sees it coming and he either loses the ball or passes out too slow. He and JC are similar in that aspect of not getting rid of the ball in time.

But I can't complain about the rest of the game. He hit shots and got boards while having a tough matchup against a SF on the defensive side.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell

Verified account

@LakersReporter
5m5 minutes ago
More
Carlisle on Julius Randle: “He was tremendous. I know he is a local kid. It is the best I have seen him play in person. He has had some okay games against us but never one like this. He started the game 5-5 and I thought his start to the game put us on our heels.”

You know they want him over Noel.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Why should we want to trade for him? Always hurt, reputation for being lazy, poor offensively, and wants to be paid. How does that help us?

To get rid of a player who is lazy, disgruntled, poor defensively, low BBIQ and wants to get paid?

Easy...we can walk away from Noel at the end of the season if things don’t work out, we will be stuck paying Randle.

No we won’t and Randle is not poor defensively by any stretch or f the imagination. If the max players come we let him go elsewhere.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Honestly what's most frustrating about the trade rumors is the fact that it's simply for the chance to sign a big name free agent. There's nothing close to a guarantee that any free agent will want to play here. Even the guy that's most likely to sign here (PG13) isn't a lock.

trading away talented young players for a chance at a big name free agent has always been a stupid move for teams. The Knicks tried that crap when Lebron was hitting free agency, they whiffed, and ended up having to sign Amare Stoudamire to a max contract. The Nets tried doing something similar when they were chasing that supposed Dwight/D-Will superteam and ended up signing a bunch of old and unproven players.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell

Verified account

@LakersReporter
5m5 minutes ago
More

I know you wanted to become a Nets fan Anpherknee, but I heard Dallas is nice this time of year... Not really, but it's becoming more and more of a reality...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No we won’t and Randle is not poor defensively by any stretch or f the imagination. If the max players come we let him go elsewhere.

I rarely say this to you VLF, but I like the way you think...
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Aike wrote:
What do you mean by $5m free agency limit?

If Noel is traded the team receiving him is limited to how much they can pay him. It's similar to the limits that Solomon Hill had and Okafor has this year (though in their case it was because their team declined their options while Noel's is because he took the QO). If you want to make him an offer over that (approximate) amount you can't trade for him.

Thanks...wasn't aware of that. Just don't see many QO situations play out.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bball IQ? I don't know.

But one critique in today's game: he does not seem to handle the double teams well at this time. It's like he never sees it coming and he either loses the ball or passes out too slow. He and JC are similar in that aspect of not getting rid of the ball in time.

But I can't complain about the rest of the game. He hit shots and got boards while having a tough matchup against a SF on the defensive side.

Luke said one thing they're working with Julius on right now is making reads and anticipating the double teams. That's why we're seeing him used more as a playmaker in recent games. He's shown flashes of being really good at it, but today he was god awful.

The complaints about his BBIQ are a bit unfair at times, people tend to lean on it. Julius is still learning the game, but he's been showing progress every season.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell

Verified account

@LakersReporter
5m5 minutes ago
More

I know you wanted to become a Nets fan Anpherknee, but I heard Dallas is nice this time of year... Not really, but it's becoming more and more of a reality...

ima have to master control of space and time cuz iono how ima be able to follow three different teams
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow and just 1 page back this guy was saying good game Guess he's mad he didn't go ahead and gloat after that last game.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow and just 1 page back this guy was saying good game Guess he's mad he didn't go ahead and gloat after that last game.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He did play well, even with the turnovers. I’m not going to say someone didn’t have a good single game when they obviously did. But it’s no secret at this point that I don’t like what he brings to the table as a whole, regardless of an individual performance success or failure.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Truck Turner wrote:
Honestly what's most frustrating about the trade rumors is the fact that it's simply for the chance to sign a big name free agent. There's nothing close to a guarantee that any free agent will want to play here. Even the guy that's most likely to sign here (PG13) isn't a lock.

trading away talented young players for a chance at a big name free agent has always been a stupid move for teams. The Knicks tried that crap when Lebron was hitting free agency, they whiffed, and ended up having to sign Amare Stoudamire to a max contract. The Nets tried doing something similar when they were chasing that supposed Dwight/D-Will superteam and ended up signing a bunch of old and unproven players.

That is what good teams do. GS didn’t dump contracts to pursue KD, they got confirmation from him and then made trades.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He did play well, even with the turnovers. I’m not going to say someone didn’t have a good single game when they obviously did. But it’s no secret at this point that I don’t like what he brings to the table as a whole, regardless of an individual performance success or failure.

This is not his first good game though...

Julius has been playing well the majority of the season, the bad games have actually been the outliers this year. It's also not as if he's just getting his numbers and the team is suffering because of it, both the advanced stats and the eye test have shown that the team has played better for most of the season with Julius on the court.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
epak wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bball IQ? I don't know.

Luke said one thing they're working with Julius on right now is making reads and anticipating the double teams. That's why we're seeing him used more as a playmaker in recent games. He's shown flashes of being really good at it, but today he was god awful.

The complaints about his BBIQ are a bit unfair at times, people tend to lean on it. Julius is still learning the game, but he's been showing progress every season.

One of my favorite things that Julius (and the team in general) does on defense is when the opponent gets a big small switch on top and Julius is the help (3rd) defender, he drops down and switches with his small teammate (who is now guarding a big).
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

If that is your assessment of Randle then you are a terrible judge of talent. As far the the turnovers, definitely would like to see those go away, but harping on them when he was a +12 in a 6 point win is kind of silly. The good outweighed the bad.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

There's a false narrative that the uninformed gossip-mongers in the media keep perpetuating that they have to trade JR for the 2 max plan. The Lakers don't need to trade him to bring in 2 max players.

If they trade JC with no $$$ coming back they have options, and all involve waiting until the summer to see what happens.

The first step is to see if they are going to get 2 max guys.

IF 2 max guys are in, and Jules keeps balling out the rest of the year, you can attach 2 picks to Dengs corpse to get him off the books this summer.

I'm going to bold this- There's enough cap room for JR + 2 maxes if JC and Deng are both gone with no $$$$ returning.

The FO would have to make a decision what it valued more highly- JR or 2 late 1st rd picks, but they don't need to make that decision now.

If only PG is coming, keeping JR becomes a no-brainer, as you'll be able to keep him at a reasonable cost with so few other teams having cap space, and you can always trade him later if need be.

Yes, we've heard the Lakers won't attach picks to Deng- that was when Radnle was glued to the bench. Yes we've heard they're listening to offers for Randle. The trade talk is overblown, though- how many trade rumors end up becoming reality ? Very few.

Unless they know for certain the Lebron and PG are coming, I don't think Randle will get traded this season unless someone makes them a really strong offer. They will hold all the cards this summer with being a RFA, and it's in the Lakers best interest to wait and see how things play out in July before shipping Randle out.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Julius just NEEDS to read the double-team rather than FORCE his way through them. When he ISOs like that...he is at his worst. He has improved exponentially especially his free throws! He was brutal late with the exception of the putback to win it. He even acknowledged his mistakes in his interview with Trudell. The Lakers really need to reconsider letting him go and KEEP this guy. I have been his worst critic but he's truly impressed!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, it's pretty much a waste to say, 'And if they trade Deng.....' No team is going to trade for him this season and I'd be shocked if they found anyone during the offseason. They'll have to stretch him.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

At this point he’s worth a lot more than Noel. Noel isn’t even in their rotation. Randle would come in and start! Only way they get randle is with deng.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Even if they don't trade Deng they can still keep Randle and sign two maxes depending on who they are signing. They wouldn't sign Lebron + Paul without those guys taking a pay cut as Lebron's max is higher than most. They could sign other guys by stretching Deng and then retain Randle if they choose to go that route.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Seriously, it's pretty much a waste to say, 'And if they trade Deng.....' No team is going to trade for him this season and I'd be shocked if they found anyone during the offseason. They'll have to stretch him.

You could trade Deng this summer if you attach two 1st rd picks.

Whether you'd rather have the picks than Randle is a different question, but a team like ATL is looking for those types of deals to build up assets.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Judah wrote:

You could trade Deng this summer if you attach two 1st rd picks.

Whether you'd rather have the picks than Randle is a different question, but a team like ATL is looking for those types of deals to build up assets.

Two years of Deng isn't even that bad.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

What about that extension contract for Deng that allows him to be stretched for longer years but less $ hit on cap space? That + JC enough for 2 max + Randle?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1290, 1291, 1292 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1291 of 1536
Jump to: