Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Luke is guaranteed another year because our FO and ownership is scared that the media will say Lavar runs the team. Luke better thank Lavar for saving his ass.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

That small win streak gave him a reprieve, but obvious that’s all on Lonzo. He’s still the same overmatched thrust into the role too soon guy.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
That small win streak gave him a reprieve, but obvious that’s all on Lonzo. He’s still the same overmatched thrust into the role too soon guy.

I agree. His spectacular coaching fill in with Golden State a few years ago, is looking more & more like Fool's Gold.
MagicBryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I just mainly hate how stubborn he is. Something can be painfully not working and he'll just stick to it repeatedly.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

wrong thread...

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

bump
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

MagicBryant wrote:
I just mainly hate how stubborn he is. Something can be painfully not working and he'll just stick to it repeatedly.

He's the only coach to call two timeouts within 5 minutes and keep the same lineup meanwhile Pop will call a timeout in the first 30 seconds and sub a player out.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

MagicBryant wrote:
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

MagicBryant wrote:

This. So damn frustrating.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been on the blame Luke team, but he definitely needs to look at what he's doing and figure out how he can improve as a coach and manager. Maybe it means some new staff, something. As much as the team talks defense, they look lost a lot of the time. Free throws and rebounds too. Drill it until they get it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I haven't been on the blame Luke team, but he definitely needs to look at what he's doing and figure out how he can improve as a coach and manager. Maybe it means some new staff, something. As much as the team talks defense, they look lost a lot of the time. Free throws and rebounds too. Drill it until they get get it.

Having an NBA caliber backup PG would be a step in the right direction. It has only been short stints in 2 games but I already feel better with Payton in the game than Ennis.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken (bleep). This squad is terrible.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Can't make chicken salad out of chicken (bleep). This squad is terrible.

Same old excuse. At least he can try to do something to get a win. Try to junk up a game or something
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I was screaming at my TV...."Where is Payton II" while he was trotting out Ennis and Caruso!!

Terrible coaching!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
I was screaming at my TV...."Where is Payton II" while he was trotting out Ennis and Caruso!!

Terrible coaching!!

Payton has been bouncing in and out of the league and now you're acting like he's the guy who can keep us afloat?

And just as an FYI, Luke was given a roster with Ennis and Caruso as backup PG.

Magic and Rob could and should have given us far better depth. Imagine if we had guys like Jarret Jack, Gerald Green, Tyreke Evans, etc. These are guys we should have at least shown interest.

Luke is not the perfect coach, but he's far from the problem and anyone acting like Payton is the solution is just being emotional over another loss.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

Terrible coaching!!

Payton has been bouncing in and out of the league and now you're acting like he's the guy who can keep us afloat?

Magic and Rob could and should have given us far better depth. Imagine if we had guys like Jarret Jack, Gerald Green, Tyreke Evans, etc. These are guys we should have at least shown interest.

Luke is not the perfect coach, but he's far from the problem and anyone acting like Payton is the solution is just being emotional over another loss.

We obviously got Payton II because someone in the org realized that Caruso and/or Ennis aren't good enough. He should've been put in before well into the 4th Q to see what he could do.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think you can really blame Luke on tonight's loss. The Lakers are undermanned at the moment, and then both KCP and Kuzma get hurt during the game. Nance and Ingram playing but already nursing an injury. Even at full strength OKC has a much better team than the Lakers do, you add all the injuries and they are simply outgunned.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I don't think you can really blame Luke on tonight's loss. The Lakers are undermanned at the moment, and then both KCP and Kuzma get hurt during the game. Nance and Ingram playing but already nursing an injury. Even at full strength OKC has a much better team than the Lakers do, you add all the injuries and they are simply outgunned.

I just want him to try something different than starting Tyler Ennis at PG.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

I didn't say we would've won....but he is supposed to put the best players available on the floor. He didn't with Ennis/Caruso playing the vast majority of the game and then putting Payton II in when it was already hopeless (and our decent players were all out of the game by then).
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

You give Luke a bunch of rookies and he atleast has them playing defense and running the court. Give him a bunch of superstar and he sets the record for most wins in a season.

It mostly comes down to talent and unless we're getting Brad Stevens I'd rather hold on to this coach
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

Terrible coaching!!

Agree completely, good post. It’s hilarious to watch people say “fire luke!” About playing Gary (bleep) Payton jr. the kid prolly won’t even be in the league next season
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

lol at the comments. Luke should have subbed in a guy that wasn't even good in the G-league. Agreed Ennis sucks, but I wouldn't say Payton is any better.

Aside from Zo, we don't have an NBA PG on this roster. Nothing really that Luke can do.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
2019 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

Terrible coaching!!

We obviously got Payton II because someone in the org realized that Caruso and/or Ennis aren't good enough. He should've been put in before well into the 4th Q to see what he could do.

They signed a PG as extra depth not to come in and be a savior while Lonzo is out. What you're saying is just silly.

If you want to present a real case as to what Luke should have done, I'm all ears. However, once you get past the first 8 in the rotation, it's all scrubs and d league guys-- and that is being generous.

Zubac, Brewer, Ennis and Caruso are not guys you can count on to make an impact and given how young/inconsistent are top 9 are, that's exactly where you need those high level vets who are experienced. Payton is not one of those.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Does GP even know the playbook? I feel like Iverson right now...

We talkin about irrelevant G-leaguers to help our team??
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys.
I'd like to see gp play too, but let him get some practice time before being asked to lead the team. Lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 502 of 818
Jump to: