Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 502, 503, 504 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
I don't think you can really blame Luke on tonight's loss. The Lakers are undermanned at the moment, and then both KCP and Kuzma get hurt during the game. Nance and Ingram playing but already nursing an injury. Even at full strength OKC has a much better team than the Lakers do, you add all the injuries and they are simply outgunned.

I just want him to try something different than starting Tyler Ennis at PG.

Yes. Please. Start Clarkson, start Caruso. Something.

I'd rather see him try something like that and have us get blown out than watch him trot out the same depressing lineup and us get blown out...

Clarkson's two starts were with Randle on bench and no Lopez in lineup. You won't see me being a big fan of his play lately, but I'd much rather give it a shot with him than keep starting Ennis.

I'm even open to Payton. Just so sick of watching Ennis.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

incontrol__ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
I don't think you can really blame Luke on tonight's loss. The Lakers are undermanned at the moment, and then both KCP and Kuzma get hurt during the game. Nance and Ingram playing but already nursing an injury. Even at full strength OKC has a much better team than the Lakers do, you add all the injuries and they are simply outgunned.

I'd rather see him try something like that and have us get blown out than watch him trot out the same depressing lineup and us get blown out...

Clarkson's two starts were with Randle on bench and no Lopez in lineup. You won't see me being a big fan of his play lately, but I'd much rather give it a shot with him than keep starting Ennis.

GT, amongst others, has said that Ennis is not an NBA caliber point guard. With all the good point guards in the league, I'll have to agree. Where is our Shawn Livingston? Rondo would have been nice right about now.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Steven Adams pours in 21 against us.

I don't get why everyone with a quality big goes big against us. We have one of the best bigs and let him play 17 mins where he`s standing around chucking 3s.

I'm a Luke guy but that is my criticism on him. He's a little stubborn with his favourite rotations.

When Brook was on the Nets, he would have scored 30 Pts or more against OKC if coach lets him.

17 mins here 15 mins there and 20 mins for other guys....no one on our roster is the cat that scores 20 points in about 18 mins.

I hate that "Spurs playing time split"
Not for the spurs, they're old, but for our young cats.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Luke was disaster during this game. He didn't have clue what to do or how to set the rotations. Plan for this game never existed. Just really really poor coaching.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

I don't blame Luke. Half our roster is (bleep) and the other half was injuried. Hard to do anything.
LoyalLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I don't blame Luke. Half our roster is (bleep) and the other half was injuried. Hard to do anything.

This.

Luke has his negatives but without Lonzo and a healthy Ingram/Kuzma this roster is pretty crap.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject:

We got injured players and no depth. Let's blame the coach for that. The growth of this thread has a clear correlation to player injuries...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:

I don't get why everyone with a quality big goes big against us. We have one of the best bigs and let him play 17 mins where he`s standing around chucking 3s.

I'm a Luke guy but that is my criticism on him. He's a little stubborn with his favourite rotations.

When Brook was on the Nets, he would have scored 30 Pts or more against OKC if coach lets him.

17 mins here 15 mins there and 20 mins for other guys....no one on our roster is the cat that scores 20 points in about 18 mins.

Brook can't stay on the court longer than that. He's been eaten alive by guys like Adams this year. His defense was suspect last night and the only thing he was consistently doing was whining about Adams being able to get position on him and out work him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
matigol wrote:

Brook can't stay on the court longer than that. He's been eaten alive by guys like Adams this year. His defense was suspect last night and the only thing he was consistently doing was whining about Adams being able to get position on him and out work him.

Doesn’t help he thinks he’s steph curry. I mean every time you touch the ball doesn’t mean you have to shoot it
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Yeah it is pretty clear that this roster is thin and incapable of winning a game against NBA competition without a healthy Lonzo. Not sure there is much Luke can do without BI, Lonzo and KCP for most of the game.

Clarkson has checked out big time and that is not on Luke. Randle has been trying lately but he can not make up for all of the other guys being out. Lopez is just stuck in the mud now and will IMO be out of the league shortly like Hibbert.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Does GP even know the playbook? I feel like Iverson right now...

We talkin about irrelevant G-leaguers to help our team??

what playbook?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

incontrol__ wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Agree and the blame isn’t on Luke, it lies solely at the feet of Magic and Pelinka.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Is it true that Mark Jackson is real close with LeBron? That might be a option if Luke is fired after the season..
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton Again Questions Team’s Toughness After Poor Rebounding Effort

Quote:
“We weren’t tough. They beat us up. No matter how hard you play, we didn’t play well tonight, but if you’re physically going to get beat like we did, the way Adams was doing whatever he wanted out there on the floor, we’re not really giving ourselves a chance to win that game. Obviously, we’re shorthanded, you lose people, that’s disheartening, but that was part of them just being more physical than we were.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-questions-toughness-poor-rebounding-thunder/2018/01/18/
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Well, we were without our leading defensive rebounder who's plays the point guard position...
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

matigol wrote:

Prove it, he's a sloth out there. Rather go all small against anyone than have this dude pout and walk around with his weak ass (bleep).
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Well, we were without our leading defensive rebounder who's plays the point guard position...

Our roster is badly constructed. (bleep).
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Our roster is badly constructed. (bleep).

From a technical standpoint it certainly is although I think this particular game was more an example of a lack of heart.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to Walton for shaking things up and experimenting with his lineups against the Pacers. His first win without Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Kudos to Walton for shaking things up and experimenting with his lineups against the Pacers. His first win without Lonzo.

Loved that he kept the bench in there (minus Lopez who was good the first half and crap the 2nd)
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Maybe theres hope for Luke
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad we won. It wouldn't have been Luke's fault if we had lost - he wasn't missing all those FTs.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Luke has his flaws but he is doing just fine.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

PR loves Luke?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

A better coach could still do better. Hes below average. At a job where youth and inexperience is not an asset.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 502, 503, 504 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 503 of 818
Jump to: