Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
If Brady wins his 6th Super Bowl obviously he’s the goat (after winning last year it basically solidified it). Would you say he’s the best ever in any sport? Awards and all included

I'd say that Brady is a very fortunate guy who managed to end playing for a franchise that helped him tremendously, with by surrounding him with talent and getting away with shady (bleep) and help from the league.

Zero penalties on offense or defense today. Oooookay.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Playing for Belichick for an entire career gives Brady elite coaching and a bunch of top 5 defenses to back him up in the playoffs year after year. That is so huge. Brady played at a HOF level today, but the Pats D also deserves credit for holding Jacksonville to 3 points in the 2nd half. Combine HOF qb play with HOF coaching and elite defense in season after season and I’d be surprised if that doesn’t result in many rings.

I wish we could see how Brady would do with a different coach, or how Belichick would do with a different qb (besides the 11-5 season with Matt Cassell).

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Wentz is actually happy...or crying inside.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Eagles open as 5.5 dogs in SB.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

@kobebryant
Getting there wasn’t the goal @Eagles let’s finish the job #focus #superbowl
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I didn't watch the Vikings game. How did the Eagle win in a blowout without their starting quarterback?

Nick Foles throwing long bombs for TDs put it out of reach.

If he's that good, why is he a backup?

If you watch Carson Wentz play you would't be asking that question.

Yeah, not even close. Wentz is superstar material. Foles is a good backup or average starter.

Yep, theres a reason why Philly was an underdog despite being the #1 seed. They were very fortunate to pull out the game against the Falcons at home without any offense. Difference between Wentz and Foles is that you can count on Wentz to deliver consistent offense no matter who they are playing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Nick Foles will have to channel his inner Joe Namath.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
If Brady wins his 6th Super Bowl obviously he’s the goat (after winning last year it basically solidified it). Would you say he’s the best ever in any sport? Awards and all included

Isn't it weird how he didn't win any championships for an entire decade, yet still has the most of all time?

Also weird how as of right now, he has as many rings as Kobe did in the NBA, but is seemingly considered as a higher tier player.

Kobe gets less credit for his first 3 rings because of Shaq. If Lebron had 5 rings he would get more credit.

It’s just a hypothetical but I sometimes wonder what a younger Kobe could have done if he was teamed up with Gasol and Odom earlier in his career.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I wonder if Wentz is actually happy...or crying inside.

I think he's happy. He's not in any danger of losing his job regardless of what happens in the super bowl.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Only 5.5? Early bettors are going to do well picking the Pats. That spread has to grow going forward
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings are missing something in their NFC Championship game tonight against the Philadelphia Eagles — and the Sioux Falls Police Department is on the case.

We just have been contacted by the @MinneapolisPD and are assisting in the locating of the Minnesota Vikings defense. If located we will let you know. We must hurry as we have been given a 30 minute time limit to assist

The tweet was sent at almost the exact moment that the Eagles scored their fourth touchdown of the night, bringing the score to 31-7.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.argusleader.com/amp/1052627001

Quote:
Update: We regret to inform you that we werent successful in our efforts assisting @MinneapolisPD in searching for the Vikings defense. Last update was they were last seen in the company of the offense. The 75% of our department that are Vikings fans mourn with you all

https://mobile.twitter.com/siouxfallspd/status/955269920811601921
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:

if you ask me.. he has NOTHING left to proove, he has already solidified his legacy as the best quarterback to play the game, 6 rings, all the championships. Its time for others to leave their mark on the game and he should retire.. SERIOUSLY

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
@kobebryant

I thought Kobe was a Brady fan?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
@kobebryant

I don't know about that, but he's always repped Philly
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

if you ask me.. he has NOTHING left to proove, he has already solidified his legacy as the best quarterback to play the game, 6 rings, all the championships. Its time for others to leave their mark on the game and he should retire.. SERIOUSLY

Yup, and he's done it all with the league conspiring against him at every step of his career, with the BS suspension over "Deflategate" being the most flagrant example. Dude has had to play 11 on 14 his whole career and he's still dominated the competition. If the refs let him play on even ground then he would have at least ten rings by now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Only 5.5? Early bettors are going to do well picking the Pats. That spread has to grow going forward

I agree.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I agree.

Me too, but my thoughts this week weren't exactly sterling lol. I do expect the line to inch up, however. Might even get closer to 10 by the actual game.

It is worth noting that New England has tended to play close Super Bowls, with the game on the line late into the 4th quarter in all 7 of their appearances with Brady/Belichick. They beat the Rams and Panthers on walk-off Vinatieri FG's. They beat the Eagles by 3 after Philly's TD got it close late. They lost very late in both of their losses to the Giants. They beat the Seahawks with the famous goal line stand, and they beat the Falcons in OT. If the line does get past a TD, perhaps it's actually wise to take the points.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I agree.

Me too, but my thoughts this week weren't exactly sterling lol. I do expect the line to inch up, however. Might even get closer to 10 by the actual game.

It is worth noting that New England has tended to play close Super Bowls, with the game on the line late into the 4th quarter in all 7 of their appearances with Brady/Belichick. They beat the Rams and Panthers on walk-off Vinatieri FG's. They beat the Eagles by 3 after Philly's TD got it close late. They lost very late in both of their losses to the Giants. They beat the Seahawks with the famous goal line stand, and they beat the Falcons in OT. If the line does get past a TD, perhaps it's actually wise to take the points.

Neither of those teams had a backup QB though. It'll be interesting.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I agree.

No they didn't, but I remember that the Pats were big favorites against the Delhomme-led Panthers, and that game was surprisingly close. That was the first thought I had though, that it's Foles, which is why the line might climb. But then I thought about the fact that the Eagles have such a strong roster, and that Foles just played a really good game, and that I think Pederson is a pretty good game-planner, and given two weeks to prepare, I think he might play OK. We'll see. I mean, this isn't a great Pats roster. You saw that the Jaguars almost beat them at their own place today, and the Eagles have a far better offense than Jacksonville does, while also having a pretty good defense (the Eagles' pass D isn't as good, but still).

My initial thought was to give the points, but as of right now, I think I'm leaning towards taking the points, especially once the line goes past 7, which I absolutely believe it will.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I agree.

No they didn't, but I remember that the Pats were big favorites against the Delhomme-led Panthers, and that game was surprisingly close. That was the first thought I had though, that it's Foles, which is why the line might climb. But then I thought about the fact that the Eagles have such a strong roster, and that Foles just played a really good game, and that I think Pederson is a pretty good game-planner, and given two weeks to prepare, I think he might play OK. We'll see. I mean, this isn't a great Pats roster. You saw that the Jaguars almost beat them at their own place today, and the Eagles have a far better offense than Jacksonville does, while also having a pretty good defense (the Eagles' pass D isn't as good, but still).

My initial thought was to give the points, but as of right now, I think I'm leaning towards taking the points, especially once the line goes past 7, which I absolutely believe it will.

I think it'll come down to how well can the Patriots apply pressure on the Eagles OL, which is missing Jason Peters. The Eagles OL is better than the Jags for sure and they've got players who know the Patriots system.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

I am going to make you guys rich.

Just follow my picks closely, especially the ones I love.

Then bet the opposite way....Pittsburgh, New England (no cover), Minnesota, yikes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

not buying into any grand conspiracy's in regards to the Pats winning.....but that being said, the Jags win that game if it is accurately called by the refs. The Myles Jack play alone gives them the points to win....if the play is called a fumble & recovery on the field....there is zero reason to blow the play dead. If that play is not wrongly blown dead, Jack walks into the endzone. That is not even considering the dumpster fire of officiating that took place on the Pats last drive going into the half.

The Jags are built on defense.....and they should make noise again next season. That organization needed this season as much as any in the NFL to excite a weak fan base.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Arizona Cardinals hire Panthers DC Steve Wilks as HC.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
@kobebryant

I always took Kobe as a Laker-Cowboy-Yankee-Duke supporter LOL
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
@kobebryant

I always took Kobe as a Laker-Cowboy-Yankee-Duke supporter LOL

He also pretends to be an FC Barcelona fan because Nike told him to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 97 of 115
Jump to: