OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 534, 535, 536 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Feels like the media has an agenda today. Too many stories coming out on the same day...

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More
ESPN Sources: Portland star Damian Lillard requested a private meeting with owner Paul Allen to discuss direction of franchise.

Man, a lot of soul searching going on out there amongst these mid career superstars who know they have no chance to win a title. Durant going to GS was really really bad for the league IMO.

I mean, next thing you know...Lebron and like 9 of his buddies will go to a franchise like the Atlanta, that has nothing decent on their roster and tell them to put everyone on waivers...all take minimum salaries and just try to win lol.
DarthWader2018
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Feels like the media has an agenda today. Too many stories coming out on the same day...

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More
ESPN Sources: Portland star Damian Lillard requested a private meeting with owner Paul Allen to discuss direction of franchise.

franchises like Portland or any other team need to understand they don't have to sign guys like Leonard/Harkless/Evan Turner/Crabbe

Nets helped them get out of crabbe but those are 4 massive mistakes in today's nba
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

This trade deadline is going to be fun!!!!
Or not
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Boogie 40/20/10 tonight
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Still, people think we are too good for a player who can do that...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

DarthWader2018 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More

franchises like Portland or any other team need to understand they don't have to sign guys like Leonard/Harkless/Evan Turner/Crabbe

Nets helped them get out of crabbe but those are 4 massive mistakes in today's nba

I mean we signed MozDeng, Knicks signed Noah.
Portland isn't special in that regard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Boogie alone makes us such a better team-- he'd make the game loads easier for the young guys. Add PG to that mix, I'd love our next 10 years.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Boogie alone makes us such a better team-- he'd make the game loads easier for the young guys. Add PG to that mix, I'd love our next 10 years.

Everyone who is saying we do not need DMC is an idiot. Cant reject such a talent when you don't have anyone even close to that level on your team.

And I agree Ball, Ingram, PG, Kuz, DMC + some shooters. That's crazy if can be done this summer.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Looks like DeAndre Jordan is close to being traded... he’s being held out vs the Wolves.

Lol stop spitting out fake news. He's been hurt

Following players are close to being traded:
Lonzo
Leonard
Hayward
Deng

fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
2019 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Everyone who is saying we do not need DMC is an idiot. Cant reject such a talent when you don't have anyone even close to that level on your team.

And I agree Ball, Ingram, PG, Kuz, DMC + some shooters. That's crazy if can be done this summer.

The only reason why I wouldn't want DMC because of lack of maturity.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

For those who worry about DMCs lack of maturity, the Kings are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA, Cousins got no help there at all and it’s a miserable place to live. He hated it and sulked a bit and snapped at reporters...but he brought his game every night.

His stay in NO has been without incidient and he was well behaved on the national team. It’s possible he is just an emotional guy who is a human being who was stuck in a bad situation in SAC.

Dude is and has been a beast...id welcome him here.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

Not a coincidence that we heard about Kawhi having issues of some sort with the Spurs from both ESPN and SI today. His camp is clearly leaking stuff.

The SI leak was especially interesting- he's concerned about the Spurs' age, as it's a completely legit concern.

Kawhi has a player option and can become a FA in summer 2019. That's less than 18 months away.

Spurs will have LMA and Mills on the books for $38.5m that summer, with Murray and White taking up $4m total. Add Kawhi's cap hold ($32m) and you're at almost $75m. Min cap holds take them up to $80m. Cap is projected to be $108m in 2019-2020 season, so they could make a couple of small moves to get another max player.

The question is- what does LMA look like by then, and does Kawhi like playing with him (and living in SA) ? Also- that's a pretty barren roster outside of Kawhi and LMA.

If the Lakers sign PG this summer and Kawahi joined in 2019, they'd be about $88m in payroll for 2019-20 w/ Zo, BI, Kuz, Hart and their 2019 pick and min cap holds.

Lakers with PG would seem to be a lot more appealing with BI having 3 years under his belt, and Zo, Kuz and Hart all having 2 years of experience, plus $20m in capspace to fill in the gaps.

Much rather have Kawhi than Boogie, despite the latter's impressive offensive skills. Elite 2-way wings is the way to go, and PG, Kawhi plus 4th year BI would be insane along with Zo locking down the perimeter.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

^
Kawhi over Boogie is a monumentally easy call, yes. If only Kawhi were available this summer. I think he's my favorite non-Laker player in the entire league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More

Man, a lot of soul searching going on out there amongst these mid career superstars who know they have no chance to win a title. Durant going to GS was really really bad for the league IMO.

Players shouldn't feel obligated to stay in bad situations that aren't going to get better or whose owners aren't going to make the moves necessary to take the team over the top because they're content with being a middle of the pack team cause they can sell tickets as long as Damian Lillard is still there.

When teams fall into that mode, their star shouldn't have to feel obligated to stay.

Question about Lillard though, is where the heck could he go?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Kawhi over Boogie is a monumentally easy call, yes. If only Kawhi were available this summer. I think he's my favorite non-Laker player in the entire league.

Well worth waiting a year for Kawhi if we can't get both Lebron and PG this summer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More

Players shouldn't feel obligated to stay in bad situations that aren't going to get better or whose owners aren't going to make the moves necessary to take the team over the top because they're content with being a middle of the pack team cause they can sell tickets as long as Damian Lillard is still there.

When teams fall into that mode, their star shouldn't have to feel obligated to stay.

Well Paul Allen has certainly spent the money. They just haven't spent it wisely, and now they are in roster purgatory because of it.

Love is back in the news as a possible source of discontent with the Cavs right now, he grew up in Oregon, and IT hasn't really worked out in Cleveland. Lillard to the Cavs for Kevin Love and IT? This would be a basic framework that could work, and perhaps the Cavs could talk Portland into also giving them Ed Davis, with the Blazers taking back Frye. And perhaps Portland picks up CLE's 2018 1st rounder as well? If Lillard wants out, maybe this is something that Portland would do, with the hometown boy Love coming back home and possibly welcoming just getting out of a place where he's been the subject of never-ending trade rumors, and with controlling IT's Bird Rights too. (Or they could try to flip IT to a contender for another draft pick.) As for the Cavs, it just feels like Love is their scapegoat, and they would control Lillard for 4 more years, unlike Kyrie, who could've left as a free agent, and it wouldn't leave the team barren if LeBron leaves. (If they decide on a rebuild if LeBron leaves, they could trade Lillard to the highest bidder in the offseason.) Of course, Lillard would probably be well aware that LeBron could leave, but maybe he figures that he could at least play some high-stakes playoff games this season, and that his current team is going nowhere. And he doesn't have a no-trade clause anyway.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Well worth waiting a year for Kawhi if we can't get both Lebron and PG this summer.

If you knew you were getting him, sure. But that's obviously not going to be known, so it complicates matters. Would the Lakers really punt their cap space again if they fail on any true max free agents?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

If you knew you were getting him, sure. But that's obviously not going to be known, so it complicates matters. Would the Lakers really punt their cap space again if they fail on any true max free agents?

I'm assuming they're getting PG this summer, and if they do, it becomes easy to pass on Boogie if you think you've got a legit shot at Kawhi. And finding out if you can get Kawhi a year before he actually becomes a FA is exactly the reason I think they hired Pelinka. Let the tampering commence!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

I'm assuming they're getting PG this summer, and if they do, it becomes easy to pass on Boogie if you think you've got a legit shot at Kawhi. And finding out if you can get Kawhi a year before he actually becomes a FA is exactly the reason I think they hired Pelinka. Let the tampering commence!!!

Mitch is very disappointed in you.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Mitch is very disappointed in you.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MJST wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

@ChrisBHaynes
4m
4 minutes ago

More

Well Paul Allen has certainly spent the money. They just haven't spent it wisely, and now they are in roster purgatory because of it.

Love is back in the news as a possible source of discontent with the Cavs right now, he grew up in Oregon, and IT hasn't really worked out in Cleveland. Lillard to the Cavs for Kevin Love and IT? This would be a basic framework that could work, and perhaps the Cavs could talk Portland into also giving them Ed Davis, with the Blazers taking back Frye. And perhaps Portland picks up CLE's 2018 1st rounder as well? If Lillard wants out, maybe this is something that Portland would do, with the hometown boy Love coming back home and possibly welcoming just getting out of a place where he's been the subject of never-ending trade rumors, and with controlling IT's Bird Rights too. (Or they could try to flip IT to a contender for another draft pick.) As for the Cavs, it just feels like Love is their scapegoat, and they would control Lillard for 4 more years, unlike Kyrie, who could've left as a free agent, and it wouldn't leave the team barren if LeBron leaves. (If they decide on a rebuild if LeBron leaves, they could trade Lillard to the highest bidder in the offseason.) Of course, Lillard would probably be well aware that LeBron could leave, but maybe he figures that he could at least play some high-stakes playoff games this season, and that his current team is going nowhere. And he doesn't have a no-trade clause anyway.

Hmm... you mentioning the Cavs made me think of someone else actually...

Andrew Wiggins.

How about this deal for Minni and the Trailblazers

Minnesota Gets:
Damian Lillard
Mo Harkless
Noah Vonleh

Trailblazers Get:
Andrew Wiggins
Jeff Teague
Jamal Crawford
Aaron Brooks

Blazers are basically hitting that reset button but its early enough that they could fall enough in the draft to try to get some additional talent there

Portland is about 1 loss away from dropping down to 'lottery pick' territory.

If they didn't have Lillard from now till April, I think they'd likely fall to the bottom 10 where Sexton and Shai will likely be.

I'm sure Minni would love that deal, but would Portland
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

^
The only thing with that is, Thibs runs everything there, and I'm sure Teague signed there to play for a contender. Now, I understand that business is business, but Thibs might also have to consider that other players and agents might really find a move like that to be pretty detestable. He has to consider that in terms of future signings.

I'm also not sure if they would really move Wiggins.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Something that was last done by Kareem.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Boogie 40/20/10 tonight

Something that was last done by Kareem.

2 OT's involved for Boogie's accomplishment, but a real good
night for him; no doubt.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

am I the only one that feels like Woj may be under pressure @ ESPN to put out content.....and he puts out information that he may normally pass on or at least obtain more substance first?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 534, 535, 536 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 535 of 2680
Jump to: