How do you think you'd react if your kid told you they were trans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Salt_Lakers_City wrote:
If I had a kid and he told me he was trans I would have to question my parenting skills and what I did wrong or what went wrong.

Hey, then maybe it's best we don't take the chance then, huh? Vasectomies are a thing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Salt_Lakers_City wrote:
If I had a kid and he told me he was trans I would have to question my parenting skills and what I did wrong or what went wrong.

Hey, then maybe it's best we don't take the chance then, huh? Vasectomies are a thing.

And clearly some people are better candidates than others.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Salt_Lakers_City wrote:

You could first ask where your Heart went wrong when you thought something bad of you or your child

Could even wonder what Love actually means /for yourself and others

Never follow anything more than your own Heart..
never be blinded by some letters in a book
or some, usually hypocritical, Sunday Auctioneer
in pretty clothing yelling about hell and sin..

"I'm the one that's got to die
when it's time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way I want to."

"When the power of love
overcomes the love of power
the world will know peace."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

SLC is new to the forum. Let's give him/her a Mulligan it's only the 3 post.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Salt_Lakers_City
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I don’t mean this in a dregatory way, I feel sorry for people who go through hormone therapy because research has shown that there is a high prevalence of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation when they go through hormone therapy.

If I was a doctor, for the sake of the patients well being, I would rather treat this as a mental disorder than to go through the hormone therapy
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Salt_Lakers_City wrote:
I don’t mean this in a dregatory way, I feel sorry for people who go through hormone therapy because research has shown that there is a high prevalence of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation when they go through hormone therapy.

If I was a doctor, for the sake of the patients well being, I would rather treat this as a mental disorder than to go through the hormone therapy

And.. bada bing.. this is why you are not a doctor

FWIW..some people already have a higher amount of the opposite hormones

Are you saying every person is the same as this test study you read about?

I will bet you society looking for someone to point at is just as hard on them as the hormones...

You already look at them as mentally deranged..
*I think this is P&P?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Salt_Lakers_City wrote:

Where the hell are you getting this nonsense? And you don't mean anything in a derogatory way yet you just jumped right to trashing hormone therapy out of nowhere? Why would you do that unless you just want to erase the existence of transpeople? Quit pretending and be honest about your intentions, you're fooling no one.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Salt_Lakers_City wrote:

Where the hell are you getting this nonsense? And you don't mean anything in a derogatory way yet you just jumped right to trashing hormone therapy out of nowhere? Why would you do that unless you just want to erase the existence of transpeople? Quit pretending and be honest about your intentions, you're fooling no one.

5 posts to his/her name and majority (if not all) of the posts are in here. Come on now.

Hope everything is going well for you, F0B.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Me personally... I'd like to think I'd have some "suspicions" already about my son or daughter if it ever came to this. Just like I don't think I could ever be blindsided if one of them told me they were gay.

I'm way too involved and know and love my kids too much to be caught off guard like that. I know not all Dads (parents) are like that. I was very private as a child... but honestly, if a parent reacts negatively, that's on them.

Ultimately, it's YOUR life. It's selfish of a parent or sibling or friend to do anything but support, imo. If one of my kids said they'd be happy becoming part Tiger... I'd feel a bit strange... but hell, I guess I'd support them best I could. All I ever want is for my children to live healthy and happy for a million years. Whatever it takes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Salt_Lakers_City wrote:

Well, based on that bigoted post, we can tell you one thing you’re doing wrong...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

I take back my Mulligan request.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

*I think this is P&P?

No. Too lucid and actually uses punctuation and capitalization. Still a messed up mind though.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

Hope you're doing well, FOB.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I'am not sure why are people jumping on this guy. After all his thoughts on the subject are as legitimate as anyone else's. It's how he feels and I don't think we should judge him.

The thread is called how'd you react and he answered with honesty. I also believe for a parent it's a big deal and I expect all kinds of short term reactions from different people.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Quote:

I'am not sure why are people jumping on this guy. After all his thoughts on the subject are as legitimate as anyone else's. It's how he feels and I don't think we should judge him.

The thread is called how'd you react and he answered with honesty. I also believe for a parent it's a big deal and I expect all kinds of short term reactions from different people.

I'm not "jumping" on him/her. I'll ask the poster to do some research. Transgenders are not born from parenting. Suggested reading for a start LINK

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't mean necessarily you but I think his opinon and thought on the matter should be respected as much as the more positive ones and I don't feel it's been the case.

It's a touchy subject and parents who are concerned are often going to be born 40 years ago (or more) so you're going to get all kind of first reactions from them and all are legitimate. To act like everyone is going to take it well and everyone is well informed on the subject isn't realistic.

Although I think after a while the smart and loving parents will realise their child is healthy and just wants to be happy and free to be who he is.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
I don't mean necessarily you but I think his opinon and thought on the matter should be respected as much as the more positive ones and I don't feel it's been the case.

Nope, not going to respect any anti-LGBT views from anyone, ever. Those views are either misinformed or bigoted, and deserved to be called out unequivocally.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'm not "jumping" on him/her. I'll ask the poster to do some research. Transgenders are not born from parenting. Suggested reading for a start LINK

Something awesome about jodeke, who is 239 years old, posting this.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

It's a touchy subject and parents who are concerned are often going to be born 40 years ago (or more) so you're going to get all kind of first reactions from them and all are legitimate. To act like everyone is going to take it well and everyone is well informed on the subject isn't realistic.

Although I think after a while the smart and loving parents will realise their child is healthy and just wants to be happy and free to be who he is.

If anyone thinks parenting is a cause they are ill informed. e.g.
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken there was research on women being treated with hormones relating to depression, anxiety and suicide. . I don't know of one connecting suicide to hormones and transgenders. If I'm mistaken I ask SLC to post a link validating the research.

Research may relive anxieties the poster has that poor parenting is a cause. LINK Scroll down to SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AND DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS and SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AND
GENDER IDENTITY
If the poster truly has parenting concerns research may alleviate the concerns.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

You can't tell another person who they are, or what they can wear, or what they can do to their body, or who they should be with. It's that simple.

If a parent chooses to try and shame or guilt a child into being something they aren't. That's just poor parenting. I get it, past generations had parents where "being yourself" wasn't an option. And it was wrong back then too!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jodeke wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/jsvSHF4.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jodeke wrote:

aee now n and din

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Quote:

Of course everyone has the right to their own opinion, and to express that opinion . . . And when that opinion is seen to be errant, others are free to point that out.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Some people don't even know how to be happy and would never be willing to put forth the effort you are to find your happiness.

This is very true. Good perspective
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

No, you respect people having the right to have and express opinions, just as you respect the right of others to strongly savage them if they are ignorant, incorrect, and prejudiced.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: