Lou Williams should still be on this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Didn't they get rid of him because he was helping us win games and taking minutes away from our young players?

We weren’t winning games with him, we were one of the bottom teams in the league. I seem to remember that he was dealt to give him a chance on a winning team. That Mitch-Morey connection.

I doubt the Lakers cared about whether Lou went to a winning team.

This is a guy who has only played 52 playoff games in 13 years in the league, so he's always been a gunner on crappy teams.

If we got have gotten a better deal from the Nets or Kings, I can't imagine we would have hesitated to send him there.

We did get a better offer from Utah but didn’t send him there. Maybe because the State of Utah only allows one girlfriend at a time.

That's not exactly what happen. According to Ramona Shelburne, both Houston and Utah offered us first round picks. Right then, we let Buss and Kupchak go, so there wasn't anyone to make a decision. When Magic came aboard, he called Utah and found they had taken their offer off the table, so we went with Houston.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams continues to dominate, why did we trade him! When we could have moved about 5 other players that are boat anchors on our bench.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22182670/can-deandre-jordan-lou-williams-george-hill-solve-cavs-problems-nba
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

I would be more surprised if Lou isn’t an all star than if he is.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams snubbed and passed over for All star team. He had the numbers and so did Lillard and Draymond to join the deep west coast squad. Maybe if the Clippers had a better record?
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Lou gets All Star Love!

https://clipperholics.com/2018/01/27/la-clippers-lou-williams-participate-star-skills-challenge/

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Can this thread please get moved to Clippersground.net
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Lou Williams continues to dominate, why did we trade him! When we could have moved about 5 other players that are boat anchors on our bench.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22182670/can-deandre-jordan-lou-williams-george-hill-solve-cavs-problems-nba

We can have him back if that's what we want. From what I read on other threads, it seems that the Clippers are open to trading him.

Personally, I think that ship has sailed and we should move on.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

We can have him back if that's what we want. From what I read on other threads, it seems that the Clippers are open to trading him.

No to Lou. I like the guy but we are trying to get away from the whole "Get hot and win it for us Lou" type games from last season.

The clippers have won 5 or so games strictly on Lou's back and they are still trying to trade him. It's not sustainable for long-term contention.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Can this thread please get moved to Clippersground.net

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Lou Williams snubbed and passed over for All star team. He had the numbers and so did Lillard and Draymond to join the deep west coast squad. Maybe if the Clippers had a better record?

It probably hurt Lou that he's only started 14 games. The coaches haven't voted a 6th man onto the all-star team in more than a quarter century.

The coaches also tend to not favor one-dimensional gunners who are having career years on mediocre teams.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

No to Lou. I like the guy but we are trying to get away from the whole "Get hot and win it for us Lou" type games from last season.

The clippers have won 5 or so games strictly on Lou's back and they are still trying to trade him. It's not sustainable for long-term contention.
No to a player putting up all star scoring? The hate for him makes no sense. There is no one on this team doing his numbers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I was as big a Lou fan as anyone here, but I agreed with the trade because he didn’t fit what we needed to do at the time, and going and trading assets for him now would be a poor choice.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Should've traded Clarkson instead since him and Lou fulfill the same role except Lou is much better at it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Should've traded Clarkson instead since him and Lou fulfill the same role except Lou is much better at it.

Which, along with contract, is why he fetched a better deal than Clarkson would have.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

No to a player putting up all star scoring? The hate for him makes no sense. There is no one on this team doing his numbers.

Lou is having a very good year. That said, he's a 31-year-old gunner who's had a lot of good years for a lot of crappy teams.

He hasn't gotten to the playoffs much (only 52 games), but when he has he's played poorly (11-2-2 on 38%-25%-80% shooting).

I don't particularly want a no-d gunner who plays his best in games that don't matter.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

Lou is a franchise player?
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Lou is having a very good year. That said, he's a 31-year-old gunner who's had a lot of good years for a lot of crappy teams.

He hasn't gotten to the playoffs much (only 52 games), but when he has he's played poorly (11-2-2 on 38%-25%-80% shooting).

I don't particularly want a no-d gunner who plays his best in games that don't matter.

While I do agree with you, just to play devil's advocate.

Lou might be useful in illustrating to potential max free agents, how their games might be elevated playing next to our young guns. I fully believe for example that - bad shooting aside - Lonzo would be higher in the rookie rankings if we actually had people who could shoot outside of Kuzma. Lonzo's ability to find the open man, and get Lou easy shots would be invaluable in demonstrating - in a non-theorectical manner - our team's potential.

We might talk a big game to FAs, but talk is cheap. They have to see in real life, that we can back our talk up. Lou might be useful in this regard.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject:

This trade was one of the best moves we've done recently, netted us the first rounder that became Kuzma and a solid bench guy in Brewer, helped us tank to get Lonzo, and just because he's putting up big buckets on this Clippers team doesn't mean he is a true star.. just look at the Clippers record it's basically the same as ours and they have a better team around him too.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Besides putting up big scoring numbers as the designated chucker on a bad team, what else does he do? nothing
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

Trading Lou was part of the tank that got us Lonzo. He was winning games.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Magic replaced Lou Williams with Isaiah Thomas
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

could have sworn we got koozy out of that deal
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I had to chuckle at the OP's sense proportion or sense of humor in his opening line. Look up overreaction and you'll see JJ's post as an example.

Not that Clarkson is a bad player at all; he's a nice scorer but the league has many of those and some even play defense at times. On a team looking for bigger impact players and with (Lou and) JC by nature not destined to be a starter here, he became seen as a too-expensive can of Cheese Whiz (popular but not satisfying) on the next round of Laker hors d'oeuvres plates.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
could have sworn we got koozy out of that deal

Kuz for dlo or kuz for Lou.
Either way.
I'll take kuz, Hart, Bryant, cap space over dlo, Lou, moz
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

What was even worse about trading lou was trading precious minutes of your day to create this thread
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: