Philadelphia Eagles
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Super Bowl LII Thread

Who you got? I gotta with the Pats, can't see Nick Foles beating Brady in a Super Bowl.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I’m picking the Eagles. Brady is better than Foles, but the Eagles are better in all other important respects. I do not underestimate Belichick or the Patriot’s mystique. I just think that the Eagles are the better team, and I think that their defense will contain Brady enough to get the job done.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to see the Eagles do something amazing. But they are facing the NFL Dynasty.

Between Belicheat and everything else, the Pats are a lock. Too great a story for the NFL.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

im picking the Eagles,

will they win, probably not, but as a colts fan, cant stand them ALWAYS going to the superbowl each and every year

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Will probably be a relatively close game, despite the odds....blowout games are not that common in the Super Bowl. Going back to 1995, 49ers vs Chargers (1995) , Giants vs Ravens (2001) , Bucaneers vs Raiders (2003), and Broncos vs Seahawks (2014) are the ones that come to mind.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I have the Pats. I think there'll be enough time for Gronkowski to be cleared for SB LII LINK .

The underestimated man, Danny Amendola, will show what he's made of like he did today. The Pats have too many weapons.

If the O line can keep Brady from having to dance it won't be close. Bright lights, big stage will be to much for Foles.

Pats 31 Eagles 13. Transposed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Will probably be a relatively close game, despite the odds....blowout games are not that common in the Super Bowl. Going back to 1995, 49ers vs Chargers (1995) , Giants vs Ravens (2001) , Bucaneers vs Raiders (2003), and Broncos vs Seahawks (2014) are the ones that come to mind.

And all 7 of the Pats' SB appearances under Brady/Belichick have been one-possession games.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON, so I'm going with the Eagles
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Only one team has the GOAT.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

hate the Pats but you cant bet against them. There wasnt any particularly impressive teams this season besides the Eagles before Wentz went down which gave the Pats a super easy road to another championship.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I'd love to see the Eagles do something amazing. But they are facing the NFL Dynasty.

Between Belicheat and everything else, the Pats are a lock. Too great a story for the NFL.

A great story for the NFL? Are you kidding? Its as boring as hell.

The Eagles with a backup QB knocking off the Patsies and ending a dynasty...THAT would be a great story.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

http://wgno.com/2018/01/24/108-year-old-wwii-veteran-gets-super-bowl-tickets-thanks-to-cam-jordan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_us+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+U.S.%29

Quote:
108-year-old WWII veteran gets Super Bowl tickets thanks to Cam Jordan

NEW ORLEANS — Revered New Orleans veteran and Saints fan Lawrence Brooks just spent his 108th birthday at the National WW II Museum a few months ago, and now, he’s headed to Minneapolis.

Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee Cam Jordan presented the Super Bowl tickets to Mr. Brooks via a Facetime call recorded and posted on the Saints Facebook page.

As you can see in the video below, Mr. Brooks is still going strong as a Centenarian.

Brooks was born Sept. 12, 1909 and served in the predominantly African-American 91st Engineer Battalion, which was stationed in New Guinea and then the Philippines during World War II.

He was a servant to three white officers in his battalion. His daily routine included cleaning the officers’ sheets, shining their shoes, making sure their uniforms were clean and accomplishing any task these officers asked of him.

Brooks attained the rank of Private 1st Class during the war. He was married to the late Leona B. Brooks, and is the father of five children and five step-children. He is one of the oldest surviving veterans in the region.

Brooks, who worked as a forklift operator until he retired in 1974, was 95 years old when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. He and his wife had to be rescued from their roof by helicopter.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The Eagles with a backup QB knocking off the Patsies and ending a dynasty...THAT would be a great story.

I notice this SB has very little hype I think if Carson Wentz were healthy it might've been different.

Putting that aside many said the dynasty was over after the Giants beat the Pats twice in the SB so if the Pats were to lose the SB it wouldn't really matter. They already won 5.

Besides when these things end its usually unexpected.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Seems like a random choice despite the personal connection. I figured they would get a former Eagle like Jaws or something.

Come to think of it is it just me or is there very little hype for this Super Bowl?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/report-brett-favre-to-speak-to-the-eagles-on-saturday-night/

Quote:
Report: Brett Favre to speak to the Eagles on Saturday night

Doug Pederson has charged Brett Favre with getting the Eagles hyped for Sunday’s game.

Favre will speak to the team the night before the game, Gil Brandt of SiriusXM NFL Radio reports.

Pederson and Favre played together on the Packers for seven seasons.

The Hall of Fame quarterback went 1-1 in Super Bowl appearances with the Packers, beating the Patriots 35-21 in 1996 and losing to the Broncos 31-24 in 1997. Pederson backed up Favre on both of those teams.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I said the NFL, not NFL fans.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I notice this SB has very little hype I think if Carson Wentz were healthy it might've been different.

Putting that aside many said the dynasty was over after the Giants beat the Pats twice in the SB so if the Pats were to lose the SB it wouldn't really matter. They already won 5.

Besides when these things end its usually unexpected.

Part of the problem is that there really is no team capable of knocking the pats off. To me they have been getting by with luck and the incompetency of the opposition, whether it’s the Steelers overconfidence and poor preparation or the Falcons implosion last year. Look who the pats have had to face in the playoffs: mariotta, Bortles and foles. Not exactly a battle between Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton and Stabler, or Marino, Elway and Montana. The competition against the pats has been putrid. That’s a big reason why Brady and company have hung around so long.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The Giants can't get it together since their last SB win

Manning retired as did Ray Lewis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: